Poyer elbow injury (update: “day-to-day”)

YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol the critique of last night is way overdone.  It was a weird game and Allen made two really bad throws.  With that said, calling it sloppy overall is way off.  We gave up one TD drive and one fluky TD in what was essentially garbage time,  GB looked like they came in with a desire to not get blown out and they didn’t even look like they were playing to win.  Every scintilla of sloppiness came after we were up 3 scores and knew the opponent was hopeless.  

So asking mcd to figure out what it is we're doing that makes them look flat off of a bye, in a year we're expected to be the one seed, is unrealistic?

I think its about the easiest/most realistic expectation a coach could fix. Everyone saying we need to trade for this or that, I'm asking to reflect internally to fix a mental lapse. I still don't understand what's difficult about this.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is this from a press conference?  Is it online anywhere?

Chris Brown, Joe B and others have just reported it as well.

And some more breaking news.... Tre White officially activated to roster.  Yay.  We needed some good news.

Although that doesn't necessarily "guarantee" he plays sunday.

9 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

And some more breaking news.... Tre White officially activated to roster.  Yay.  We needed some good news.

Is it official that Tre is activated now?  or just the statement I saw from Parrino below that the Bills "plan" to activate him?

The reason it matters is for him to be activated - someone has to be cut

I believe your reporting of the reporting, but if it's from a presser, normally the Bills put them online and I can't find, is why I asked.

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They were playing 3 safeties due to CB issues.  Have you ever watched them or just reading stat logs?

Yes, I've watched them but I don't understand your point.  Why would a contending team leading their division trade a guy they've been playing all game long, every game, all season long? 

It doesn't matter why he's playing, he's playing.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is it official that Tre is activated now?  or just the statement I saw from Parrino below that the Bills "plan" to activate him?

The reason it matters is for him to be activated - someone has to be cut

Hmm.. It showed up as an Alert on my phone from WGR 12 minutes ago:

"The Bills have activated CB Tre'davious White to the roster"

Did not say who we cut in order to make the move though, if accurate.

Just now, BobBelcher said:

Hmm.. It showed up as an Alert on my phone from WGR 12 minutes ago:

"The Bills have activated CB Tre'davious White to the roster"

Did not say who we cut in order to make the move though, if accurate.

I think the deadline is Tuesday and McDermott just said that it's our intention.

11 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

They had to this week or else he had to go to IR for another 4 weeks.

I also think they had an open roster spot based on inactive players from last night so I don't think they need to release anyone...

Edited by Big Turk

I am a bit concerned about how GB shredded our D-Line and LB's in the running game.  Time of Possession was GB 34, Buf 26. 

Is this a blueprint for teams like Chicago and Cleveland with decent running games to give us a hard time?

Just a thought

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

So asking mcd to figure out what it is we're doing that makes them look flat off of a bye, in a year we're expected to be the one seed, is unrealistic?

I think its about the easiest/most realistic expectation a coach could fix. Everyone saying we need to trade for this or that, I'm asking to reflect internally to fix a mental lapse. I still don't understand what's difficult about this.

They are undefeated out of byes.  You’ve offered little indicating that they are actually flat off a bye.  Everything is anecdotal and most of it is from yesterday.  

Have they ever been flat when they were not off a bye?  My guess would be yes.  Because they are not robots.  You’re trying to make the case that they are a lesser team when off a bye and you’re not backing it up.  At all.

NE wind game:  not off a bye.

Jax: Not off a bye

Colts bad loss: not off a bye

2019 Eagles loss: Not off a bye

To my eye the worst games we’ve played over the last 3 years are the above.  None were off a bye.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

No link to it yet unfortunately; I was watching live at https://www.wivb.com/watch-news-4-now/

You can watch live press conferences via Buffalo Bills app as well I believe.

I'd imagine buffalobills.com will post the videos later today.

They normally put them on the buffalo bills twitter account pretty much as they happen.

For example Ken Dorsey is up there

Edited by Beck Water

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

So, you are insisting that McDermott to be made to answer for the unforgivable sin of winning 6 straight games coming off a bye week - and for the especially egregious offense of winning last night's game by only 10 points in such an important year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, you are insisting that McDermott to be made to answer for the unforgivable sin of winning 6 straight games coming off a bye week - and for the especially egregious offense of winning last night's game by only 10 points in such an important year?

Either that or they could just mini-tank so they don’t have a playoff bye.  That might solve it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I am a bit concerned about how GB shredded our D-Line and LB's in the running game.  Time of Possession was GB 34, Buf 26. 

Is this a blueprint for teams like Chicago and Cleveland with decent running games to give us a hard time?

Just a thought

Yeah, they may try, but those teams do not have the QB threat of Aaron Rodgers. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Just a thought

Don't be concerned. This blueprint is the recipe for us to win. GB ran down 17 points. Buffalo was obviously playing the pass. Green Bay chose to eat up the clock for us 🤷🏻‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, I've watched them but I don't understand your point.  Why would a contending team leading their division trade a guy they've been playing all game long, every game, all season long? 

It doesn't matter why he's playing, he's playing.

It does matter why he is playing.  We have CB assets dont we?  Also here in Maryland he is often talked about as being on the Block and available for help elsewhere and needs elsewhere?.  So would the local beat reporters and news be wrong?

Dealing a Safety to get a CB or dealing a Safety to get a WR is ALOT more help for Baltimore and their run than having 3 safeties.

12 minutes ago, Golden said:

What is Dr. Chao talking about re: Hyde possibly returning late in the season???   He's on season ending IR.   Am I missing something??  Or is Dr. Chao missing something 😂

And regarding Poyer, when I hear his diagnosis,  he obviously knows the history and he watched the play,  but I wonder if he is aware of Poyer's comments about feeling a "pop" and the reports of noticeable swelling right after the game.  

I wanna believe he's right!  And historically he has been right, so hopefully this is good news, but I'm just wondering if there is anything that he doesn't know.

51 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Don't be concerned. This blueprint is the recipe for us to win. GB ran down 17 points. Buffalo was obviously playing the pass. Green Bay chose to eat up the clock for us 🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly. Those bemoaning GB running the ball don’t understand that they were essentially just wishing to lose by something less than 20 points. The game was never in doubt. I’d love for every team we play who is down by 17-20 points in the 4th quarter to just run the ball.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.