Poyer elbow injury (update: “day-to-day”)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's unfortunate that Poyer can't seem to stay on the field this season.

But this is also why I'm 100% confident this is his last season is Buffalo. No way Beane is handing out big money to a guy safety on the wrong side of 30 that is starting to show his age in terms of durability.

💯 huh?  And if you’re wrong, you leave forever?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Cannot COVER to save his life.  No he wont be an upgrade

Have you seen Johnson play??  Abram is 10x better than him in every way possible.  Abram has also been in a toxic, crap defense.  Look at how many of the guys that he came in with have been cut from Raiders.  Something aint right there.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Cannot COVER to save his life.  No he wont be an upgrade

Damar Hamlin is a heavy hitter too, but at least he can cover better than Abram. Having him and Jonathan Abram would be a really bad choice. Because everyone knows that it’s not Hamlin that they are trying to replace in this circumstance.

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Have you seen Johnson play??  Abram is 10x better than him in every way possible.  Abram has also been in a toxic, crap defense.  Look at how many of the guys that he came in with have been cut from Raiders.  Something aint right there.

Yes I have.  and my statement still stands.  Abram cannot cover to save his life and would NOT BE AN UPGRADE

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

I think with how this coaching staff has a knack for getting the most out of players in the secondary, that Abram would be worth a shot on if the cost was low (late rounder).

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ll just go ahead and say it now. If worst fears are realized -as a “Pop” suggests- is it hard to imagine this season ending with a Super Bowl Championship WITHOUT our All-Pro Safety tandem for the majority of the season? 
No.

Its impossible.

Chandler, we have some talent there, but there is no way I am fighting you on this.

I know the Bills closed out the season well in 2021 and and Allen had an amazing playoff run, but when Tre went down...man, I was still a fan and still cheering, but it was difficult to think about going all the way.

If Poyer is done, and there is no indication that he is, yeah...I am still here and I am still cheering like crazy, but boy that is a huge hill to climb.  Love it if they do it, though.

I know nothing about Hydes case and I am not claiming to be a doctor, but I just wish they didn't IR him.  I wish they could have kept him on the roster.   

During a quick search I saw that some recovery times are 8 weeks.  hell, even if you add a month to it and get to twelve seeing Hyde take the field during the last couple of weeks of the season after a non-leg injury would have been great.  

Again, not a doctor and not claiming to be. 

...just a dreamer.

GO Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

He's so much better when Poyer is next to him. When it's him and Jaquan the quality drops off a cliff. 

This^^^^

Poyer is an all-pro, but I have not been impressed by our backups. I expected more from two guys who have been on our roster for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I would venture to guess you have maybe seen Abram play 5 times in his whole life.  

You would venture do guess wrong.  Are you related?  Maybe a Miss St fan.  Clearly you dont watch him since he has been in the NFL.  As one of the lowest grades from safety every year, allows 80% completion against him.  

Ok Fine.

Bills offer a conditional 5th

Raiders give Abram and a 2023 2nd.

DEAL!!!!

If anyone wants a REAL Safety Trade Target, @Back2Buff the proper target is Chuck Clark from the Ravens.  (your welcome)

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If Poyer is done, and there is no indication that he is, yeah...I am still here and I am still cheering like crazy, but boy that is a huge hill to climb.  Love it if they do it, though.

I know nothing about Hydes case and I am not claiming to be a doctor, but I just wish they didn't IR him.  I wish they could have kept him on the roster.   

During a quick search I saw that some recovery times are 8 weeks.  hell, even if you add a month to it and get to twelve seeing Hyde take the field during the last couple of weeks of the season after a non-leg injury would have been great.  

Again, not a doctor and not claiming to be.

This makes no sense whether or not you're a doctor.

First, the Bills can bring  back any 8 players from IR after they miss a minimum of 4 games (no maximum).  So Hyde being on IR would not preclude him from returning, if his injury permitted this.  The Bills are actually very aggressive about NOT IR'ing players they arguably could and perhaps should - Ed Oliver, Jake Kumerow both missed 3 games and might arguably have been better missing 4.

Second, it's been all over this board and all over the Interwebs that Hyde had surgery on his neck with a 6-9 month recovery time.  so NO WAY is he going to be able to return this season.

We'll have to wait and see on Poyer's injury, I do feel that we're thin on the ground at Safety.  Love the people who list off our DB room as though Safety and CB are interchangeable roles.

2 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Same. Poyer was actually off to the best season start of his career. Guys like Beasley, his body was breaking down towards the end, but his performance had also declined. Not at all the case with Poyer…

Of course, age will become an issue with Poyer, but this elbow thing is more of a fluky injury where it just got caught the wrong way.  It's going to be an issue until he can fully rest it in the offseason.  I'm guessing he takes a 4-5 week rest now like he did in the preseason.  We just have to hope we can get through this softer part of our schedule without him.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If anyone wants a REAL Safety Trade Target, @Back2Buff the proper target is Chuck Clark from the Ravens.  (your welcome)

What makes Chuck Clark from the Ravens a "real" trade target?  I get it we'd like him, but he's played 100% of the snaps in all 8 games for the team that's currently leading the AFC North and clearly plans to be into this playoff thing, so why would a starter on a playoff team be a real or proper trade target?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What makes Chuck Clark from the Ravens a "real" trade target?  I get it we'd like him, but he's played 100% of the snaps in all 8 games for the team that's currently leading the AFC North and clearly plans to be into this playoff thing, so why would a starter on a playoff team be a real or proper trade target?

The Fact he is a Backup is the main reason.  they have Williams and Hamilton as starters.  SO yeah send a 2nd that will get him away.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Plus you get the first round bye. 

That's huge. 

Obv we want it, but God it makes me nervous after seeing us under mcds bye weeks, and Tennessee s 2nd round exit last year.

Mcd has to identify what the problem I'd asap. I understand letting guys bodies heal up, but if a soft week of practice is the issue than they need to crank it back up

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Obv we want it, but God it makes me nervous after seeing us under mcds bye weeks, and Tennessee s 2nd round exit last year.

Mcd has to identify what the problem I'd asap. I understand letting guys bodies heal up, but if a soft week of practice is the issue than they need to crank it back up

WTH are you talking about he is now 6-0

after the bye.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2022/10/23/23418830/buffalo-bills-undefeated-post-bye-games-sean-mcdermott

Edited by mikemac2001

19 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

We’re undefeated under McDermott after a bye.  That’s no good?

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It’s equally realistic to Ronnie Lot via time machine so why not speculate?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.