Bye Week: Excitement or Snooze?

Mark Vader

32 minutes ago, Lost said:

I dunno but speaking of extensions, I can't decide if I'd rather see the Bills extend Poyer or Edmunds assuming there's no way to keep them both.   Poyer is an easy pick for what he's bringing to the team right now but he's got 7 years on Edmunds.   Tremaine started off the season great but he was pretty quiet against KC.  I only heard his name once during that game and that was Tony Romo simply mentioning that he was on the field.  

I trust the front office!! -cousin Toot

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

All I know is I’ll be watching a bunch of boring QBs playing on Sunday. I’m spoiled fr with Allen.

My Saturday QB is pretty exciting though 😱

Josh really spoils us.   The Bills lived through a long stretch of yuck to get to be the envy of the league at the QB1 role.

There is a lot of bad QB play in the league this year.....really bad..

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Lost said:

I dunno but speaking of extensions, I can't decide if I'd rather see the Bills extend Poyer or Edmunds assuming there's no way to keep them both.   Poyer is an easy pick for what he's bringing to the team right now but he's got 7 years on Edmunds.   Tremaine started off the season great but he was pretty quiet against KC.  I only heard his name once during that game and that was Tony Romo simply mentioning that he was on the field.  

They are a tough matchup.  They run people in front of him, or force him to carry coverage up the middle, which creates windows to get to the 2nd level with kelce.  

29 minutes ago, Lost said:

They were all assists.  Also leading in tackles on a given week could simply be an indicator that you're consistently getting picked apart in pass coverage.  

Game replay is tonight, you'll change your opinion if you rewatch it.

Edmunds solo tackles, going off memory:

1. Play 1 - Edmunds put a hard hit on CEH on the sideline

2. Chiefs backed up on 3rd down (after we failed on 4th and goal): Edmunds makes an athletic tackle to keep the Chiefs at 4th and inches/force a punt.

3. Later 3rd quarter: Edmunds makes a great read on a TE screen, saving at least 10 yards.

Sure there are more, point is you're wrong.

29 minutes ago, Lost said:

They were all assists.  Also leading in tackles on a given week could simply be an indicator that you're consistently getting picked apart in pass coverage.  

2. Chiefs backed up on 3rd down (after we failed on 4th and goal): Edmunds makes an athletic tackle to keep the Chiefs at 4th and inches/force a punt.

3. Later 3rd quarter: Edmunds makes a great read on a TE screen, saving at least 10 yards.

Sure there are more, point is you're wrong.

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Thanks, I'll be watching the All-22 later today.  I wasn't paying much attention to Edmunds much of the game as I was yelling at Siran Neal most of the time.   

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

Thanks, I'll be watching the All-22 later today.  I wasn't paying much attention to Edmunds much of the game as I was yelling at Siran Neal most of the time.   

Watch this to see what Edmunds brings to the D. He does a lot in coverage and as a defensive leader that goes unnoticed by fans

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looks like Wilson may not play this week vs the Jets.

(14) Andrew Siciliano on Twitter: "Our @TomPelissero just reported on NFL Now @nflnetwork that Russell Wilson is getting an MRI on his hamstring today. Could be a "fairly significant" injury." / Twitter

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Looks like Wilson may not play this week vs the Jets.

(14) Andrew Siciliano on Twitter: "Our @TomPelissero just reported on NFL Now @nflnetwork that Russell Wilson is getting an MRI on his hamstring today. Could be a "fairly significant" injury." / Twitter

Backup will probably be better. I think the team hates Russ.

There's only 18 weeks of NFL Football. I like them all!! With each game having meaning, it's like a 4 month soap opera. I think we need to keep an eye on the Pats/Jets/Dolphins/Chiefs games. ANY of those teams lose, it provides an extra buffer level for the Bills. As good as the Bills look, you can be certain that they will have an unexpected stinker over the next 3 months. Bills would do good to have a 2 game edge over the above mentioned teams by December. Things can go south in a hurry in the NFL...       

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Edmunds had a really good game against the Chiefs.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.