Kaiir Elam - DROY

RenoNVBillsfan

8 hours ago, Bandito said:

Hyperbole isn't trolling. Sauce is better than Elam. Per the draft and stats so far. So Elam won't be DPOY. Take off your biased glasses and seek truth.

Except the stats don't say that...sauce has a few more PD , but Elam has him in nearly all the typical measurable stats w less snaps.

Did you even look this up?

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Let's see what he does against Diggs.

Diggs will get his, that said Sauce is legit.  The Jets are building a good team, if Wilson can come around, they will be a team nobody wants to deal with.

23 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That's the "sexy" pick but if you look qt the numbers, Elam has similar numbers and 1 more int.. 

Sauce is playing mostly man, Elam is in zone, not even close to the same level of impressive.  Elam has been good, Sauce is the leader by a mile in 99% of people’s eyes.

21 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Sauce Gardner 

have they played anyone?  

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Sauce Gardner is the leader for DROY and he is the next Revis, in most respected media opinions.

has he covered anyone good?   I think the “he is Revis” opinion happened even before the draft. 

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

You thinking Elam is better than Sauce and should be DPOY makes you look really unintelligent and ignorant. Sauce is one of the better CBs in the league right now as a Rookie

@John from Riverside

Here you go.

First of all I didn’t say that Elam was better than sauce right now you should pay attention instead of looking to pick fights with people with your ignorance

I that there’s still season left to be played

You’re the one that made the dumb ass comment that sauce is 1000 times better than Elam he isn’t

23 hours ago, 947 said:

Seahawks 5th round rookie CB Tariq Woolen has 4 INTs aleady. Never heard of the guy before I read that & looked him up, 6'4" & ran a 4.29.

he really popped at the combine. Thought the Bills might go WR 1st and grab him in the 2nd.

Very short memories on the board.  Elam himself said he had an F- game against the Steelers which was only a week and a half ago. 

Right now Gardner is the DROY favorite at +300 with Devin Lloyd (JAC) and Kayvon Thibodeaux (NYG) at +600 and Tariq Woolen at +800. 

Elam is tied for 11th best odds at +2500.  There are 3 CBs (Gardner, Woolen and Jack Jones (NE)) and one safety with better (Jalen Pitre (TEX)) better odds than Elam.

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

have they played anyone?  

has he covered anyone good?   I think the “he is Revis” opinion happened even before the draft. 

Hopefully the one dimensional fans can grasp the idea of there being other talented players that don’t play for our team. Gardener shut down Lazard, Waddle and kept Claypool and Dionte in reasonable fashion.Watch  him against Sutton and Jeudy this Sunday and get back to me.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Bandito said:

That is so true. It is normal for fans to be biased towards their own team/ players, but so many on here are completely irrational thinking every Bills player is the best. There are other guys out there! Sauce is better than Elam at this point and it isn't close.

Great take, no disrespect towards Elam, who looks like a solid db, but Sauce is scary good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Holy cherry-picked stat.

12 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Great take, no disrespect towards Elam, who looks like a solid db, but Sauce is scary good.

From watching the DB portion of the combine I wasn't really all that impressed by sauce, not nearly as much as Woolen. Plus he has a lower lip like Bubba from Forrest Gump. I'm surprised all his chains weren't getting caught up in it more often. It's like why I don't wear bell-bottoms and ride a bike.

Edited by Ralonzo

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Hopefully the one dimensional fans can grasp the idea of there being other talented players that don’t play for our team. Gardener shut down Lazard, Waddle and kept Claypool and Dionte in reasonable fashion.Watch  him against Sutton and Jeudy this Sunday and get back to me.

wow, nice name calling.  I'm hardly a one-dimensional fan.  In fact, I often get critiqued for being too hard on our guys.  

Now, as to the substance of your argument re: Sauce: Lazard has been awful this year, ditto with Claypool, and Johnson due to the Steelers QB debacle.  Waddle is great, but not a great QB tossing him the ball (same issue as Johnson).  

Yeah, I'll be more impressed when he faces a QB like Mahomes with the surrounding talent.  When we toast him, he won't be DROY for long.  

Wollen in Seattle is a beast and could make a case at this point for DROY and get votes for DPOY.  

On 10/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, Malazan said:

You might want to watch some other games. Garnder on the Jets has outplayed him to a great degree. Elam has been good, but it's not close. 

I'd even say that Elam has struggled at times. He is a young player and has tons of potential, so I'm not worried even slightly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.