Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes are worth infinite draft capital.

Chaos

Allen and Mahomes are not replaceable.  I can't imagine any package of draft picks (not even the next 10 years 1st and seconds) that would pry either off of their teams. Does anyone think anyone could anyone could acquire either for any package of draft picks? 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah no rational organization trades away a franchise QB.

These guys are beyond the franchise QB level.  For example, I think the Chargers would trade Hebert for a four firsts and four seconds (and I don't think anyone would offer that). And he is clearly a franchise QB. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

These guys are beyond the franchise QB level.  For example, I think the Chargers would trade Hebert for a four firsts and four seconds (and I don't think anyone would offer that). And he is clearly a franchise QB. 

No they wouldn't.  

• Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

He may not be Allen or Mahomes but he's better than most. "Franchise QBs" like Wilson get traded, not Herbert.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

No they wouldn't.  

8 of the Top 60 in the next 4 drafts? For Herbert, absolutely. 

I get what OP is saying. What Allen and Mahomes bring, is immeasurable. However, over these contracts that they both have; if neither win anymore rings, they could be had for much less than the afore mentioned Herbert Deal. I’m not trying to suggest that Allen won’t win a ring.

However.

4 years ago, NO ONE would have called Russel Wilson to the Broncos for some picks. No one. Things change fast in this league. Jerry Glanville said it best “i lose this game, I’ll be baggin’ groceries”. Win now, or try somewhere else. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

And they'd be idiots for doing that.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

8 of the Top 60 in the next 4 drafts? For Herbert, absolutely. 

I get what OP is saying. What Allen and Mahomes bring, is immeasurable. However, over these contracts that they both have; if neither win anymore rings, they could be had for much less than the afore mentioned Herbert Deal. I’m not trying to suggest that Allen won’t win a ring.

However.

4 years ago, NO ONE would have called Russel Wilson to the Broncos for some picks. No one. Things change fast in this league. Jerry Glanville said it best “i lose this game, I’ll be baggin’ groceries”. Win now, or try somewhere else. 

No way.  That guy is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL and he is young.  You forget with 8 of the Top 60 picks in the next 4 drafts they are going to only pick 1 quarterback and the odds of that guy being as good as Herbert are about zero.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe Lamar is being held back greatly by Roman.  So I'm really curious to see how his contract pans out.  If Baltimore truly refuses to give him the guaranteed money (not saying they should or shouldn't),  it will be a trade and contract unlike anything we've seen.  I think it'll make the Watson exchange and sign look like a drop in the bucket

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I believe Lamar is being held back greatly by Roman.  So I'm really curious to see how his contract pans out.  If Baltimore truly refuses to give him the guaranteed money (not saying they should or shouldn't),  it will be a trade and contract unlike anything we've seen.  I think it'll make the Watson exchange and sign look like a drop in the bucket

Interesting that you see it that way.  I see Roman as providing the perfect system that works to Lamar's talents.  I'm not saying there aren't other systems that Lamar could excel in, but I think there are definitely some that would not suit.

• Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Herbert is a very confusing player. He doesn't use his legs enough. He's probably the best thrower of the football between he, Allen and Mahomes. But Allen and Mahomes separate themselves with what they do with their legs both scrambling behind the line of scrimmage and running for first downs.

That said, he's viewed as having potential to be in the class of Allen and Mahomes (he'll never get there if he continues to refuse to use his legs) and for that reason I don't see the Chargers trading him for any deal involving only draft picks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think it’s accurate to say they’re worth an infinite amount of draft picks. There’s just no price a team can likely pay for either of them.

For example, if one team could offer 32 first round draft picks, literally any QB you want in the draft, plus every other first rounder… it would be close. Or, if you don’t like that, double it.

So, not infinite, just not attainable.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Interesting that you see it that way.  I see Roman as providing the perfect system that works to Lamar's talents.  I'm not saying there aren't other systems that Lamar could excel in, but I think there are definitely some that would not suit.

The problem with Roman is his play calling gets stale and he isn’t the greatest at creating and calling good pass plays. Best run game coordinator in the league, bar none, though. 

It’s the same ***** when he was in SF. Run game was always amazing. The rest? Eh…

Edited by uninja

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

He isnt.  There isnt another coordinator that could get the most out of Lamar like they have.  Lamar isnt a pocket passer.  Its time to stop trying to blame that on Roman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think that was true his first 3 years, but Lamar has evolved to be able to handle more.  Unfortunately, as we all know too well, Roman has a low ceiling 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think that was true his first 3 years, but Lamar has evolved to be able to handle more.  Unfortunately, as we all know too well, Roman has a low ceiling 

His passing has stayed the same or declined every season.  He hasnt evolved at all.  Its just a fairy tale for people who want to believe.

• Disagree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.