Is Dan Snyder blackmailing the NFL and it’s owners?

Einstein

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

www.espn.com. Take your pick. 

Journalism en masse is dead.

His defensive posture is shaped by the stories and media we read. He's not out there nor able to promote himself in a positive manner. The powers that be shape him as the heel. Just like they did Jerry Jones. Just like they did with the Buss was with the Lakers. There is a lot of filth when it comes to these things.

The media sells the drama and we soak it up.

Snyders posture is the direct result of decades of bad behavior and all of his own making.  Your takes is at odds with reality.

Show me anything from a source you trust that has led you to believe he’s a victim of “media filth”, that espn and other outlets have simply invented falsehoods to make Snyder look bad.  I’m sure you have an exhaustive list of evidence to back your claim.  Share it with us.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Snyders posture is the direct result of decades of bad behavior and all of his own making.  Your takes is at odds with reality.

Show me anything from a source you trust that has led you to believe he’s a victim of “media filth”, that espn and other outlets have simply invented falsehoods to make Snyder look bad.  I’m sure you have an exhaustive list of evidence to back your claim.  Share it with us.

He is the victim of the media ignoring Kraft and other irregularities. Victim of the media ignoring what was fairly well known in Carolina with Richardson.

Snyder isn't backing down like Richardson did.  Snyder isn't getting ignored and white washed like Kraft is. Snyder isn't getting a pass like Jones gets. Snyder isn't part of the old school group that was like Huizenga. Snyder isn't able to hide his business irregularities overseas like Khan. 

Yeah, Snyder seems like a POS. But, who cares because we have a pitchfork, we have right now, and we need a heel! 

You seem to be mistaking me defending Snyder. I'm not, I don't care about him. 

I am attacking the media to constantly use this dude as a heel because he pissed in someone's Cheerios. If he does have evidence of wrongdoing by others in the league I pray he releases it. If he doesn't, he is a giant POS.

Edit: and it was well known in CLT circles that Richardson was a creep and jerk in Carolina but he got away with it.

Edited by Boyst62

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He is the victim of the media ignoring Kraft and other irregularities. Victim of the media ignoring what was fairly well known in Carolina with Richardson.

Snyder isn't backing down like Richardson did.  Snyder isn't getting ignored and white washed like Kraft is. Snyder isn't getting a pass like Jones gets. Snyder isn't part of the old school group that was like Huizenga. Snyder isn't able to hide his business irregularities overseas like Khan. 

Yeah, Snyder seems like a POS. But, who cares because we have a pitchfork, we have right now, and we need a heel! 

I am attacking the media to constantly use this dude as a heel because he pissed in someone's Cheerios. If he does have evidence of wrongdoing by others in the league I pray he releases it. If he doesn't, he is a giant POS.

Edit: and it was well known in CLT circles that Richardson was a creep and jerk in Carolina but he got away with it.

Kraft was “ignored by the media”?  It’s hard to believe anyone can say that and not sound ridiculous.

Also,  do you really believe Snyder is only guilty of “pissing in someone’s cheerios” (you’ve said it twice)?  Nothing else?

it’s hard to take you seriously here.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kraft was “ignored by the media”?  It’s hard to believe anyone can say that and not sound ridiculous.

Also,  do you really believe Snyder is only guilty of “pissing in someone’s cheerios” (you’ve said it twice)?  Nothing else?

it’s hard to take you seriously here.

Kraft still owns a team despite being involved in a pretty amazing sex scandal. 

I don't know or care what Snyder is guilty of... I am just laughing that he is always made the heel.

WRT to your last comment - we can agree to disagree or whatever is the polite form to drop it. Neither one of us will lose any sleep over this regardless 

"The NFL is a mafia," he recently told an associate. "All the owners hate each other."

"That's not true," one veteran owner says. "All the owners hate Dan."

I laughed out loud to myself reading those lines.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Snyder earned every bit of media coverage he’s received and many media outlets in Washington handled him with kid gloves for years before finally turning on him.  A little independent and very well respected Washington City Paper did a tremendous and rundown of his terrible behavior up to the date of publication.  He’s a special POS and that piece was written over 10 years ago - he tried to sue that paper for defamation and claimed anti-semitism (despite the paper being predominately Jewish run and authored ).  https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/  

Funny thing is this guy is always promising better but continually delivering worse. And he is a giant POS regardless of anything else he does. I’m sure he’s in good company with the rest of the owners, too. He bought a storied franchise and exploited its fan base to the point people who absolutely were diehards don’t even watch them anymore.  The season ticket was a coveted prize that took years and years of waiting to get - not even something they can sell enough of. The game day experience blows - I went opening day, Monday night game several years ago and it was a generic, expensive experience that featured fans of the team about to fight each other that was the most memorable part of the experience. Tailgating was virtually non existent.  The stadium itself is sorry.  The location is miserable.  Parking was outrageous even by NFL standards.   This just isn’t some public enemy of the moment - he’s a turd and has been lowering the bar for NFL franchises for a long time. 

The media has its issues with being compromised by its revenue sources and possibilities of having access limited more than anything else. Dan Snyder has no integrity and of all times to complain about media this is probably one of the worst examples you could use. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In another thread we are expressing concerns, thoughts, and prayers for that rare woman who leads an NFL franchise, and quickly showed her metal in decisively handling the RBrandon “situation” with a firm hand, as she proceeded to be the face of the “new” NFL.

…and then there is this absolute piece of **** in Washington.

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Snyder earned every bit of media coverage he’s received and many media outlets in Washington handled him with kid gloves for years before finally turning on him.  A little independent and very well respected Washington City Paper did a tremendous and rundown of his terrible behavior up to the date of publication.  He’s a special POS and that piece was written over 10 years ago - he tried to sue that paper for defamation and claimed anti-semitism (despite the paper being predominately Jewish run and authored ).  https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/  

Funny thing is this guy is always promising better but continually delivering worse. And he is a giant POS regardless of anything else he does. I’m sure he’s in good company with the rest of the owners, too. He bought a storied franchise and exploited its fan base to the point people who absolutely were diehards don’t even watch them anymore.  The season ticket was a coveted prize that took years and years of waiting to get - not even something they can sell enough of. The game day experience blows - I went opening day, Monday night game several years ago and it was a generic, expensive experience that featured fans of the team about to fight each other that was the most memorable part of the experience. Tailgating was virtually non existent.  The stadium itself is sorry.  The location is miserable.  Parking was outrageous even by NFL standards.   This just isn’t some public enemy of the moment - he’s a turd and has been lowering the bar for NFL franchises for a long time. 

The media has its issues with being compromised by its revenue sources and possibilities of having access limited more than anything else. Dan Snyder has no integrity and of all times to complain about media this is probably one of the worst examples you could use. 

We do a yearly road trip game for the Bills and Washington is on the schedule next year and my buddy keeps mentioning that one as the possible destination and I keep trying to tell him going there isn't even going to be worth it.  Sounds like a miserable experience. 

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Kraft still owns a team despite being involved in a pretty amazing sex scandal. 

I don't know or care what Snyder is guilty of... I am just laughing that he is always made the heel.

WRT to your last comment - we can agree to disagree or whatever is the polite form to drop it. Neither one of us will lose any sleep over this regardless 

Kraft got a handy from some old lady who owns the rub and tub.

Snyder paid a 10 million fine to the NFL after an investigation reveled years long sexual harassment in his organization.   Then he was busted by the House oversight committee (not ESPN) for ripping off his own fellow owners of money they were due by keeping 2 sets of books and also ripping off his own fans by unloading the cheap seats to the secondary market, forcing a rise in remaining tickets.  

I know you know all this but you insist on pretending none of it happened so you can repeat your bizarre rant that he is being targeted by the media---which is a goofball suggestion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Snyder paid a 10 million fine to the NFL after an investigation reveled years long sexual harassment in his organization.   Then he was busted by the House oversight committee (not ESPN) for ripping off his own fellow owners of money they were due by keeping 2 sets of books and also ripping off his own fans by unloading the cheap seats to the secondary market, forcing a rise in remaining tickets.  

I know you know all this but you insist on pretending none of it happened so you can repeat your bizarre rant that he is being targeted by the media---which is a goofball suggestion.

I don't dent or care that any of that happened. It happens in a lot of businesses and not just the NFL. It happens to other NFL teams. The Bills had very similar with the Jill's, if not more. Those girls were pimped out.

Snyder being targeted for it is the issue I have when others have done more.

The fact that the 1 time we catch Kraft with his pants down we expect it was the only time. The NFL spent years on Watson with far less credible information but only a few months on Kraft.  You don't simply, for the first time, go get a tug while in Florida.

He's not cancelled because he hasn't pissed people off enough.

Again, my focus is that it is unfair that Snyder is singled out for this behavior when it's been an ongoing theme for the NFL.

Whaley got in a drunken bar fight in NOLA over some chick years ago and the team kept it quiet. The cheerleaders we're rented out to horny business men for outings. Whaley always hit on young staffers for the Bills. Travis Henry assaulted a teenage girl and the Bills did their part covering it up.

This stuff happens all of the time. Why is Snyder singled out?

Anyway, again. We aren't going on agree on this. Our views and opinions are just fine and impact no one and mean nothing. So I'm going to bow out. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Lol I knew you be in this thread defending your owner yet again.  

Your assertion that the media did some sort of comprehensive look into Kraft’s situation is the funniest part so far but I’m sure there is more to come.  Multiple billionaires continuously roll up to a dingy strip mall for months…..initial arrest comes with strong assertions of human trafficking and sex slavery and a lot of connecting threads……poof it all disappears……not much questioning of how or why or any real digging.  That’s some Pulitzer level stuff.

None of that means Snyder isn’t a moron/jerk/criminal/whatever but multiple things can be true at the same time.  Don’t make a fool of yourself pretending everything going on in that Florida strip mall and the details behind its origins have seen the light of day.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol I knew you be in this thread defending your owner yet again.  

Your assertion that the media did some sort of comprehensive look into Kraft’s situation is the funniest part so far but I’m sure there is more to come.  Multiple billionaires continuously roll up to a dingy strip mall for months…..initial arrest comes with strong assertions of human trafficking and sex slavery and a lot of connecting threads……poof it all disappears……not much questioning of how or why or any real digging.  That’s some Pulitzer level stuff.

None of that means Snyder isn’t a moron/jerk/criminal/whatever but multiple things can be true at the same time.  Don’t make a fool of yourself pretending everything going on in that Florida strip mall and the details behind its origins have seen the light of day.

what took you so long?  Did your dial up modem go on the fritz?

Yes, who knows what else may come out---maybe he went every day!   for months at a time!  And those sex traffickers, they are in that buidling somewhere--amybe they will bring in OJ to fine d the real sex traffickers! I bet there's pizza involved!

Why don't you just tell us what you know??

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I hope so. Unleash the Kraken. I know Snyder isn't a great human, but everyone trying to take him down isn't either. I hope he unveils all the corruption in the league and in other walks of life too. I hope those trying to cancel him have it reversed on to them

I mean, that would certainly be a fun read if he really does have anything on Jerry or others.

Snyder’s problem, in addition to all the gross stuff, is the business failings. Playing in a dump of a stadium, Snyder had a good deal lined up with Virginia. Amenable state politicians, land lined up. And he completely botched it. Maryland no longer wants anything to do with him. Going back to DC is a pipe dream, they hate him there too. So yeah, combine this with all the headaches from the conduct investigations, he’s not worth keeping around anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

I mean, that would certainly be a fun read if he really does have anything on Jerry or others.

Snyder’s problem, in addition to all the gross stuff, is the business failings. Playing in a dump of a stadium, Snyder had a good deal lined up with Virginia. Amenable state politicians, land lined up. And he completely botched it. Maryland no longer wants anything to do with him. Going back to DC is a pipe dream, they hate him there too. So yeah, combine this with all the headaches from the conduct investigations, he’s not worth keeping around anymore.

I wanted to add to the overall  discussion here.

Snyder has dug in his heels and wants to fight. He also has figuratively flipped off everyone he can. Especially the committee. 

That adds motivation to the Pitchfork society , which I am one of !
Best would be Danny starts tossing out his "secrets and blows the NFL up.

As mentioned . it's not just Snyder its a culture that needs exposure and then a reboot.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ayjent said:

When I travelled by Metro i used to see Washington City Paper given away free.  

It is connected to The Church of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) not Jews.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

When I travelled by Metro i used to see Washington City Paper given away free.  

It is connected to The Church of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) not Jews.

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/467845/on-the-matter-of-dan-snyders-horns/. Authors

https://dcist.com/story/11/02/03/snyder-suit-accuses-city-paper-of-a/ Managing editor

I don’t know what you speak of regarding LDS, but let’s just say it certainly is closer to National Lampoon than the Book of Mormon. I live in DC and I’ve been reading this publication for a long time. I followed the lawsuit fairly close bc he tried to shut the paper down, and it’s definitely true what I said about its authorship and management. 

3 hours ago, Ayjent said:

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/467845/on-the-matter-of-dan-snyders-horns/. Authors

https://dcist.com/story/11/02/03/snyder-suit-accuses-city-paper-of-a/ Managing editor

I don’t know what you speak of regarding LDS, but let’s just say it certainly is closer to National Lampoon than the Book of Mormon. I live in DC and I’ve been reading this publication for a long time. I followed the lawsuit fairly close bc he tried to shut the paper down, and it’s definitely true what I said about its authorship and management. 

Snyder’s attempts to control local media coverage of him and the team and silence criticism go back many years. Dave McKenna of the old Deadspin has written about Snyder’s various run-ins with media extensively. For those curious, here’s one:

https://deadspin.com/how-dan-snyder-bought-off-the-d-c-media-1616238720?authId=1*12ya4j2*_a*ZkI2eU1IaDdoS1JaWUd0RUx0QVZpdngxMDRCajBac0MwT1Nvc1NmNWZUMWpuZzJUTUF5Y3pxeGQ0S000Q0xqbA..

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what took you so long?  Did your dial up modem go on the fritz?

Yes, who knows what else may come out---maybe he went every day!   for months at a time!  And those sex traffickers, they are in that buidling somewhere--amybe they will bring in OJ to fine d the real sex traffickers! I bet there's pizza involved!

Why don't you just tell us what you know??

I know it didn’t get fully reported.  If you choose to believe the Phillip Barbay version of how the world works, that is on you.  

So he uses the Playbook of getting a ton of dirt on anyone who can get him in trouble and blackmails them to keep himself clean. Isn’t that what all the worst people, crime syndicates, and certain ex and current politicians do? Of course it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

On 10/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Snyder is scum but I hope he takes down Goodell and some of the other owners as well. Would love to see the Spygate details come out.

Have a feeling it will be gruden that takes down Goodell

14 hours ago, Bandito said:

I hope so. Unleash the Kraken. I know Snyder isn't a great human, but everyone trying to take him down isn't either. I hope he unveils all the corruption in the league and in other walks of life too. I hope those trying to cancel him have it reversed on to them

Just so we're clear, this hopeful scenario (which I welcome) DEFINITELY still involves the expulsion of Dan Snyder from the NFL ownership ranks, yes?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Just so we're clear, this hopeful scenario (which I welcome) DEFINITELY still involves the expulsion of Dan Snyder from the NFL ownership ranks, yes?

apparently not, which is surprising, even for here. From what I’ve read, because other owners may have their own skeletons, it’s worth it (and righteous, even) for the worst of the bunch to keep his station. Because Snyder’s being “cancelled” you see, and we can’t have that.

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Snyder’s attempts to control local media coverage of him and the team and silence criticism go back many years. Dave McKenna of the old Deadspin has written about Snyder’s various run-ins with media extensively. For those curious, here’s one:

https://deadspin.com/how-dan-snyder-bought-off-the-d-c-media-1616238720?authId=1*12ya4j2*_a*ZkI2eU1IaDdoS1JaWUd0RUx0QVZpdngxMDRCajBac0MwT1Nvc1NmNWZUMWpuZzJUTUF5Y3pxeGQ0S000Q0xqbA..

Great article. McKenna - an absolute thorn in Snyder’s side.  The thing is the guy is so detested by fans of the team that most just say something like “just sell the team already”, or “I don’t even want to talk about them”. Most are resigned to the reality that he won’t sell the team unless forced and that he won’t ever be forced to.   If taking a bunch of cheerleaders to Central America and offering them up as escorts isn’t going to get any movement there I’m not sure what will.  

The new team name and uniforms are pretty much on par for the franchise - amongst the worst in the NFL if not the worst.  Washington Football Team was 100x better and that was awful and embarrassing in its own right.  It’s like it was designed to be despised.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I know it didn’t get fully reported.  If you choose to believe the Phillip Barbay version of how the world works, that is on you.  

stop being such a tease.  tell us all what you know that wasn't reported.

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

apparently not, which is surprising, even for here. From what I’ve read, because other owners may have their own skeletons, it’s worth it (and righteous, even) for the worst of the bunch to keep his station. Because Snyder’s being “cancelled” you see, and we can’t have that.

I said this long ago--these guys all have dirt to dig.  If this was not true, they would have tossed him last year when they found out he was blatantly stealing from them

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

stop being such a tease.  tell us all what you know that wasn't reported.

I said this long ago--these guys all have dirt to dig.  If this was not true, they would have tossed him last year when they found out he was blatantly stealing from them

I know there is more than what meets the eye.  

I know that you are a grotesque sycophant of Kraft.  I think this makes you snarky.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

there’s another white flag. 

Dude why don’t you just go back to Pats Planet?

If you think it’s normal that multiple billionaires roll up to the same strip mall for handies and it’s all just a coincidence you’re the one throwing up a white flag when it comes to critical thinking.  Zero chance you have the same thought process if it’s the owner of the Panthers, Seahawks or whoever.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude why don’t you just go back to Pats Planet?

If you think it’s normal that multiple billionaires roll up to the same strip mall for handies and it’s all just a coincidence you’re the one throwing up a white flag when it comes to critical thinking.  Zero chance you have the same thought process if it’s the owner of the Panthers, Seahawks or whoever.

you have claimed there is more.  Just tell us.

your obsession with Kraft is pathological 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

you have claimed there is more.  Just tell us.

your obsession with Kraft is pathological 

I have stated it doesn’t pass the smell test….not even close.  I guess you think it does.  You are the one obsessed with all things Patriots, starting at the top.  That’s ok. You’re a fan.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Right. But the post I was responding to seemed to welcome the "outing" of everything while ALSO sticking it to those wishing to "cancel" Snyder. But it seems like the only way things go nuclear is IF Dan Snyder is removed from NFL ownership...so there's an inherent contradiction (as you may well recognize)

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Right. But the post I was responding to seemed to welcome the "outing" of everything while ALSO sticking it to those wishing to "cancel" Snyder. But it seems like the only way things go nuclear is IF Dan Snyder is removed from NFL ownership...so there's an inherent contradiction (as you may well recognize)

yes and I do get that - but it might be possible that Snyder, in desperation, would leak *some* his dirt before actual removal as a threat to get the other owners to back off, with the additional threat to leak it all if they do vote him out. Either way, I just want to see him gone. Many, many Commanders’ fans do too. So whether he leaks his stuff before or after official ouster, makes no difference to me, so long as he’s gone. And like I said too - I welcome anything he may have on other owners being brought to light. 

He is a pathological liar, however, so we’ll see eventually if he actually has anything, because his days are numbered.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.