Biden clearly has dementia, you can admit that right? "Undocumented Migrants" are ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Joe Biden is clearly exhibiting symptoms of cognitive decline, you can admit that right?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion does Joe Biden exhibit clear symptoms of cognitive decline?

2. 2. If you answered no to the 1st question, why are you a partisan hack?

• Because I'm a moron
    • Because I'm a PPP troll.

On Friday Biden closed his remarks in Connecticut  on the topic of gun control uttering the motto "God save the Queen". 

I expect his PR people will tell us he was commenting on the CBS hit show The Equalizer.

To which I say "God save America".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/16/2023 at 11:27 PM, B-Man said:

GOD SAVE US ALL

Maybe there is a good reason why Joe Biden would wind up a speech in Connecticut with “God save the Queen.”

Although I can’t imagine, offhand, what it might be. And maybe Joe hasn’t gotten the news about the Queen’s demise. It’s hard to say. He leaves the stage with his usual panache, too:

BIDEN: “God save the Queen!"
He’s in Connecticut. And the Queen is dead…

There is little in the Constitution regarding qualifications to be president. You have to be at least 35 years old, but it probably never occurred to the Founders to specify a maximum age. Maybe that has turned out to be an oversight that might be corrected via amendment.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/06/god-save-us-all.php

Back then people rarely made it past 60...

13 hours ago, Wacka said:

The DNC will soon be  hooking up electrodes to joke so they can zap him when he strays. Like those electric dog collars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Joe Biden Is Not OK

BY: DAVID HARSANYI

There is nothing unique about being a scatterbrained 80-year-old. But a scatterbrained 80-year-old should not be president.

The other day, Joe Biden ended a big gun-control speech in Connecticut with the words, “God save the queen, man.” Why did the president express adoration for the departed Brit monarch? Was he confused about royal succession? Is he a Sex Pistols fan? Who knows.

When asked about the incident, White House aides offered nonsensical and conflicting answers — because they have absolutely no idea, and neither does the president. It’s likely that the octogenarian spontaneously used a cool-sounding phrase, much like when your elderly neighbor tells you to “keep on truckin’” or whatever, for no apparent reason. It happens.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/20/joe-biden-is-not-ok/

Five and a half more years. . . . . . . . . . . . . be serious.

There is no need for insinuation. Biden’s mental acuity, never impressive, has considerably deteriorated.

Sure, he also tends to botch “old-timey” sayings like, “lots of luck in your senior year,” which he says is a gibe from his Corn Pop days. But most reporters who pretend perceptions of Biden’s decline are due to his propensity for homespun maxims or previously unknown stuttering problems almost surely wouldn’t find him fit enough to babysit their kids.

Every week, the president of the United States says something completely bonkers, and everyone goes on with their day.

We’re not talking about his propensity to lie about politics or his blustery lifelong fabulism (his “folksiness,” The New York Times recently explained, “can veer into a personal folklore” with “the factual edges shaved off to make them more powerful for audiences.”)

We’re talking about his inability to articulate simple ideas without notes — and often with notes. There are rarely any fact-checks of these statements. How can there be? They don’t even make sense as lies.

There is no handwringing about the role of competency in our democracy. There is no discussion about the 25th Amendment.

Just listen to any one of his speeches. “Put a pistol on a brace, it turns into a gun — makes it more — you can have a higher-caliber weapon, higher-caliber bullet coming out of that gun,” the president explained before wishing Her Majesty his best. This was also complete gibberish.

There is so much gibberish.

Biden’s relationship with the truth was always at arm’s length but now his lies don’t even make any sense.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/20/joe-biden-is-not-ok/

People know.

WITH GOOD REASON: 2 in 3 concerned about Biden’s mental, physical health: survey.

He’s not fit to be president.

He wasn’t fit when he ran for election.

The press and the Democratic Party — but I repeat myself — colluded to conceal that fact.

https://news.yahoo.com/2-3-concerned-biden-mental-165405667.html

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

People know.

WITH GOOD REASON: 2 in 3 concerned about Biden’s mental, physical health: survey.

He’s not fit to be president.

He wasn’t fit when he ran for election.

The press and the Democratic Party — but I repeat myself — colluded to conceal that fact.

https://news.yahoo.com/2-3-concerned-biden-mental-165405667.html

"He's lost a bit off his fastball"

@ChiGoose The King

"By all accounts Biden’s  speech is even better than it was 20 years ago"

@redtail hawk Quack, MD

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden ain't the one running like a Putin away from debating. This cry baby is blubbering out that everything, and everyone is unfair to him. MAGA agrees, because they agree with everything Trump does and says 

His isn't running, they are hiding him because of his obvious to everyone infirmity.

It has noting to do with Trump.

Biden is significantly diminished, and he didn't start from a high point to begin with.

and God save the queen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

His isn't running, they are hiding him because of his obvious to everyone infirmity.

Biden is significantly diminished, and he didn't start from a high point to begin with.

and God save the queen.

keep trying to get traction.  maybe a log under the back wheels.  or buy a 4 wheel drive next time....

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, sherpa said:

and God save the queen.

image.png.321eef66522f50c5400ada78928c3106.png

It would be great if people would take this question seriously instead of trying to score silly political points. I'm on record here as being in favor of a constitutional amendment that would set a maximum age for Presidential (and probably VP) candidates. What that age would be (72 at the time of inauguration? Not more than 78 at the time your term in office would end? Younger? Even older?) is a good subject for debate.

The original serious question here (ignoring for a moment the unserious poster) was "can you admit that Biden is showing signs of cognitive decline?" My answer is: Yes. He is. As is virtually every person over the age of 75. It is often mixed up with "is [name] showing signs of dementia?" That is a related but very different question since dementia is defined quite differently than normal decline.

So here's what I mean by "normal decline":

https://www.sciencealert.com/does-iq-decline-as-we-age-one-type-of-intelligence-peaks-in-your-twenties

Of course, there are many kinds of intelligence. Classic "g," general intelligence, is just one, but one we often hear about since IQ is an attempt to measure that, and there are even subclasses of intelligence there. Here's what we know:

"Global IQ is an amalgam of different kinds of intelligence, the most popularly studied being fluid intelligence and crystallized intelligence which together – along with abilities called working memory and processing speed – are combined to yield global or Full Scale IQ," Kaufman says.

"Fluid intelligence or fluid reasoning reflects the ability to solve novel problems, the kind that aren't taught in school," he explains, "whereas crystallized intelligence or crystallized knowledge measures learning and problem solving that are related to schooling and acculturation."

These different types of intelligence show different patterns as you get older.

Crystallized intelligence "averages 98 at ages 20–24, rises to 101 by ages 35–44, before declining to 100 (ages 45–54), then 98 (55–64), then 96 (65–69), then 93 (70–74), and 88 (75+)," says Kaufman.

Fluid intelligence drops much more quickly. Kaufman reveals that it "peaks at ages 20–24 (100), drops gradually to 99 (25–34) and 96 (35–44) before starting a rollercoaster plunge to 91 (45–54), 86 (55–64), 83 (65–69), 79 (70–74), and 72 (75+)."

It would be fair to say that "fluid intelligence" is the type of thing we value in engineers/inventors/many types of scientists. And it plummets from about one's mid-40s.

But even "crystallized intelligence" -- probably the kind most valued in politicians/managers/administrators/Presidents -- also declines. Later and slower, but still declines. There's not so much a cliff as a steady decline that becomes a cause for concern in one's 70s, and certainly by 75.

All people are individuals. These are averages. But it is normal and expected to see measurable cognitive decline of the types of intelligence that matter by the time one reaches his/her mid-70s. That's why I think that's a good place to set a cut-off for Presidents. 

What do I see in Biden? Exactly what is to be expected at his age. It's not good. I wish the Dems would put up someone else, or that he'd step aside. It's not dementia as far as I can tell. It's normal, typical old man decline.

Does that mean I should never vote for him? Well, of course we have to keep in mind that voting in the USA is a binary choice, and if his challenger is also in that kind of decline phase, I have to decide based on other things. And I also have to decide based on the composition of the other branches of the government as a whole, and based on the types of people (and their competence) that a President or potential President surrounds him or herself with. But it doesn't do anyone any good to deny that we have a lot - way too many - of our government leaders and backbenchers who are well into their declines. Including but not limited to Biden, McConnell, Pelosi (no longer in leadership thankfully), Trump, some Supreme Court justices, etc., etc.

48 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

keep trying to get traction.  maybe a log under the back wheels.  or buy a 4 wheel drive next time....

Interesting you should offer unsolicited advice on "traction."

I seem to being just fine in that regard in both ambulatory and verbal pursuits, unlike the subject at hand, who stumbles near daily in both.

• Haha (+1) 2

Biden3-536x311.jpg

“The people who control Joe Biden — Susan Rice and the rest — know they can continue to run our government, writing the press releases, formulating the policies, and they can do it effectively forever, as long as Joe Biden gets dressed in the morning, and of course that’s their strong preference,” Carlson explained.

The problem is Biden’s failing mental health. His cognitive decline was easier to keep hidden during the pandemic but is now impossible to ignore, and it’s getting worse by the day.

“In a year or two, he will be gone completely, and there will be no hiding it,” Carlson said. “At that point, the Democratic Party will face a succession problem.”

“If Joe Biden is reelected next year and then forced to leave office during his term due to disability or death, that means Kamala Harris will become president of the United States,” he added. “And nobody wants that, not even her husband.”

Carlson continued, “No one will benefit if she becomes president. So logic suggests there’s going to be a change; it’s going to have to be somebody else. And whoever that person is is going to have to enter the race soon before the election after Biden drops out. Who could that person be? We don’t know.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/06/28/tucker-carlson-makes-chilling-prediction-about-2024-n1706985

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden3-536x311.jpg

“The people who control Joe Biden — Susan Rice and the rest — know they can continue to run our government, writing the press releases, formulating the policies, and they can do it effectively forever, as long as Joe Biden gets dressed in the morning, and of course that’s their strong preference,” Carlson explained.

The problem is Biden’s failing mental health. His cognitive decline was easier to keep hidden during the pandemic but is now impossible to ignore, and it’s getting worse by the day.

“In a year or two, he will be gone completely, and there will be no hiding it,” Carlson said. “At that point, the Democratic Party will face a succession problem.”

“If Joe Biden is reelected next year and then forced to leave office during his term due to disability or death, that means Kamala Harris will become president of the United States,” he added. “And nobody wants that, not even her husband.”

Carlson continued, “No one will benefit if she becomes president. So logic suggests there’s going to be a change; it’s going to have to be somebody else. And whoever that person is is going to have to enter the race soon before the election after Biden drops out. Who could that person be? We don’t know.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/06/28/tucker-carlson-makes-chilling-prediction-about-2024-n1706985

A feeling of deja vu sweeps over me. But why? Oh, now I remember.

Different "leading Fox News commenter." Different election. Same thing as the new former leading Fox News commenter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/11/in-prime-time-sean-hannity-carries-out-a-clinton-medical-investigation/

Hannity brought another fishy analysis into the conversation by asking if a viral photo of Clinton and Secret Service agent Todd Madison revealed a diazepam pen, used to treat seizures.

"What about this photo that the Gateway Pundit had up today?" Hannity asked. "Hillary's handler gets caught with a diazepam pen. What would that be for?"

"Someone is carrying a pen that you'd use in case of a seizure, a Valium pen — that makes me wonder about that," Siegel said.

In fact, as the fact-checking site Snopes later uncovered, the agent was holding what appeared to be a small flashlight

That was 7 years ago. Hillary was either on her deathbed or soon would be incapacitated due to a Really Really Bad Seizure Disorder.

Hillary Clinton is still alive today and seemingly well. And I have no doubt she would go all James Holzhauer on Biden and Trump in Presidential Candidate Jeopardy.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Different "leading Fox News commenter." Different election. Same thing as the new former leading Fox News commenter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/11/in-prime-time-sean-hannity-carries-out-a-clinton-medical-investigation/

Hannity brought another fishy analysis into the conversation by asking if a viral photo of Clinton and Secret Service agent Todd Madison revealed a diazepam pen, used to treat seizures.

"What about this photo that the Gateway Pundit had up today?" Hannity asked. "Hillary's handler gets caught with a diazepam pen. What would that be for?"

"Someone is carrying a pen that you'd use in case of a seizure, a Valium pen — that makes me wonder about that," Siegel said.

In fact, as the fact-checking site Snopes later uncovered, the agent was holding what appeared to be a small flashlight

That was 7 years ago. Hillary was either on her deathbed or soon would be incapacitated due to a Really Really Bad Seizure Disorder.

Hillary Clinton is still alive today and seemingly well. And I have no doubt she would go all James Holzhauer on Biden and Trump in Presidential Candidate Jeopardy.

Oh boy.  Sleep apnea.  That can matter. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/28/politics/biden-cpap-sleep-apnea/index.html

https://aasm.org/risk-of-death-is-high-in-older-adults-with-sleep-apnea-and-daytime-sleepiness/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Good for him.  Had a patient yesterday who had OSA and was non-compliant with CPAP.  After surgery her O2 sats would drop to the 50s(!) on room air, but without distress.  I figured she was like that all the time but couldn't send her home like that so I sent her to the ED and she got admitted.  They did arterial blood gasses and her pCO2 was in the 70s(!, normal is 35-45). 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden's Failure To Treat Sleep Apnea May Have Increased Risk of Dementia, Studies Show

President Joe Biden began using a CPAP machine "in recent weeks" to treat the sleep apnea he has suffered from since at least 2008, ABC News reported Wednesday.

This new detail about Biden's health, revealed after observers noticed an unusual indentation on his face, suggests the octogenarian president has put himself at increased risk of dementia and cognitive decline.

Biden has suffered from sleep apnea since at least 2008, when Politico reported that Biden "has suffered from atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heartbeat," which doctors said was probably "linked to Biden's reoccurring problem of sleep apnea." Dr. Joseph Krainin, M.D., a medical advisor at SleepApnea.org, told the Washington Free Beacon that Biden likely suffered from "a certain type of sleep apnea where his brain forgets to breathe during sleep."

There is no mention of sleep apnea in White House physician Dr. Kevin O'Connor's summaryof the president's health following Biden's most recent physical in February.

Biden's medical records from 2019 revealed that he had several surgeries on his sinus and nasal passage. But surgeries do not always cure patients' sleep apnea, and patients may still need to use a CPAP machine after undergoing an operation, according to Alberta Health Services.

Failing to treat his sleep apnea with a CPAP machine—for more than a decade—may have put Biden at increased risk for dementia, studies show.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-sleep-apnea-dementia/

Yeah.  It's good he finally got treatment, but a lot of damage has already been done and can't be undone.

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Everything is fine.

Yup.  This is not good.  Time to find someone who can beat him in the primary or put the fear of God in him.  At least his cabinet isn't playing musical chairs.  CPAP however is not an issue.  Many folks with pressing jobs are on it and good thing.

Edited by redtail hawk

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yup.  This is not good.  Time to find someone who can beat him in the primary or put the fear of God in him.  At least his cabinet isn't playing musical chairs.  CPAP however is not an issue.  Many folks with pressing jobs are on it and good thing.

Sane people wish they would...

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden's Failure To Treat Sleep Apnea May Have Increased Risk of Dementia, Studies Show

President Joe Biden began using a CPAP machine "in recent weeks" to treat the sleep apnea he has suffered from since at least 2008, ABC News reported Wednesday.

This new detail about Biden's health, revealed after observers noticed an unusual indentation on his face, suggests the octogenarian president has put himself at increased risk of dementia and cognitive decline.

Biden has suffered from sleep apnea since at least 2008, when Politico reported that Biden "has suffered from atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heartbeat," which doctors said was probably "linked to Biden's reoccurring problem of sleep apnea." Dr. Joseph Krainin, M.D., a medical advisor at SleepApnea.org, told the Washington Free Beacon that Biden likely suffered from "a certain type of sleep apnea where his brain forgets to breathe during sleep."

There is no mention of sleep apnea in White House physician Dr. Kevin O'Connor's summaryof the president's health following Biden's most recent physical in February.

Biden's medical records from 2019 revealed that he had several surgeries on his sinus and nasal passage. But surgeries do not always cure patients' sleep apnea, and patients may still need to use a CPAP machine after undergoing an operation, according to Alberta Health Services.

Failing to treat his sleep apnea with a CPAP machine—for more than a decade—may have put Biden at increased risk for dementia, studies show.

I’d think where Joe Biden is concerned, any convo about atrial fibrillation and sleep apnea 15 years in the making are off limits.  

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’d think where Joe Biden is concerned, any convo about atrial fibrillation and sleep apnea 15 years in the making are off limits.  

convo meaning conversation?  Yes, sleep apnea can cause it.  He'd likely be sleeping all day or falling asleep in press conferences at that point..  But again, yes, bring us a new D candidate for prez!  Thank you for your support...

Edited by redtail hawk

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But she may well have a seizure d/o.  You can't drive with one.  You probably shouldn't be prez with one.  I reallyy don't know but there's not a lot of other valid reasons to carry an injectable diazepam pen.  Fair question tho, should it be allowed?

Edited by redtail hawk

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I reallyy don't know but there's not a lot of other valid reasons to carry an injectable diazepam pen

problems with swallowing?   anxiety?  Alcohol withdraws?  Muscle spasms?  Mothers' little helper has lots of uses.

8 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

But she may well have a seizure d/o.  You can't drive with one.  You probably shouldn't be prez with one.  I reallyy don't know but there's not a lot of other valid reasons to carry an injectable diazepam pen.  Fair question tho, should it be allowed?

The article said it appeared to be a small flashlight, not a diazepam pen.

At any rate, you're missing the point: with Hillary, the Republican fake news generators tried to drum up a story that she was so medically incapacitated that she would never be able to fulfill a 4 year presidential terms. That was 7 years ago .... so maybe a bit of skepticism about their current focus on Biden is in order?

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

What would we do without the Hot Take Machine?

So what is this "article" from the Republican press machine? Nothing more than some "reporter" googling the following: Sleep Apnea Dementia. And then "reporting" it as if it's, you know, actual journalism.

Thank you, "Free Beacon," I am quite capable of googling things myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t know who James Holzhauer is, so I did a quick search. 

Turns out he’s an accomplished guy, the third highest earner in the history of Jeopardy.  

In this case—we can agree. Of the three..Biden beats Trump. Trump beats Clinton.  Of the three,  Clinton is James Holzhauer—accomplished, intelligent, capable and ultimately, third.  That’s nothing to sneeze at.