Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

I looked a little closer at this video. It's been said several times on this thread that he was a photographer, but upon examination, I don't think that is the case. He's carrying a C-stand with what looks like a steady-cam rack, for resting a steady-cam when it's not in use. He's also wearing a backpack, which looks like it has some weight to it. I think this guy is a steady-cam assistant, and that pack likely had accessories in it which could have included batteries, focus mounts, matte box, etc. It's possible it could have had a lens, or two, but not likely. Could also have had a still camera. At any rate, the pack could easily have weighed 30 pounds, or more. 

A cameral assistant in this capacity is probably around  $800 a day, give or take, and likely union affiliated. But, don't let the union affiliation misguide you-- someone in this job capacity has zero job security, and could easily have been fired for his misstep, regardless of fault, or fairness. Those items in the backpack I mentioned are all quite pricey, and likely owned by the steady-cam operator (assuming my observations are correct).

EDIT: I looked this guy up, and he is a KC based photographer. (I don't know if he was working in that capacity, or not-- plenty, if not most assistant photographers/cameramen bill themselves as photographers, or cinematographers.)

Edited by Rocky Landing

The video with the other angle shows incident from Adam's pe

22 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

Here's another angle.

I think they both are to blame after seeing video from another angle. Camera guy just cuts in front of him as Adams is walking towards the tunnel. Adams shouldn't have pushed him regardless but I don't see this being a big deal as no one got hurt. If something got damaged. Raiders should pay for it and that should be the end of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Using the vague term “assault” like it’s the worst version of that term when it’s really closer to “barely-qualifies-as”makes this an argument of definition.

I see this interaction between two people as no big deal.

They essentially ran into each other and one extended his arms/pushed the other. When a person is walking/running in one direction, and you hit them from the side, they fall over easily. 

The “perp” Lol, admitted he was lashing out and was in the wrong, so it then appears it was not an incidental bumping into situation…, that and the footage shows that he purposefully assaulted the guy…, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The “perp” Lol, admitted he was lashing out and was in the wrong, so it then appears it was not an incidental bumping into situation…, that and the footage shows that he purposefully assaulted the guy…, 

He shoved him.

he didnt need to be shoved, Adams could have stopped walking.
what is wrong with the world ?

rhetorical question.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I think they both are to blame after seeing video from another angle. Camera guy just cuts in front of him as Adams is walking towards the tunnel. Adams shouldn't have pushed him regardless but I don't see this being a big deal as no one got hurt. If something got damaged. Raiders should pay for it and that should be the end of it. 

According to the police report, the guy (Ryan Zebley) received whiplash, headache, and possible minor concussion. It's not clear in any of the video if he hit his head, or not. Sure, he might be lying, and I'm sure many on this site will assume he is. But, the oft-repeated assumption that "no one got hurt" is just an assumption, and not supported by any source I'm aware of.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

According to the police report, the guy (Ryan Zebley) received whiplash, headache, and possible minor concussion. It's not clear in any of the video if he hit his head, or not. Sure, he might be lying, and I'm sure many on this site will assume he is. But, the oft-repeated assumption that "no one got hurt" is just an assumption, and not supported by any source I'm aware of.

Whiplash and concussion from a shove, stumbling, and falling like that?  

image.png

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yes it could have been avoided if the cameraman was watching what he was doing. I've got no issue with Adams pushing him out of the way. If that guy trips Adams and he gets hurt then what? Would you feel the same if it was Diggs? Athletes do all kinds of things that are wrong, but I'm not faulting a guy for protecting hi body while in uniform and still walking to the locker room. Cameraman has to be more considerate.

This is platinum level jock sniffing right here.

• Like (+1) 2

Send him to the pit of dispair! Cancel him from society! Suspended the rest of the season! Mandatory therapy!! Transfer all his weather to the grown man that was pushed!! I am horrified!!

Thoughts and prayers to the camera man as he attempts to make a full recovery from this criminal push.

We need pushing control NOW!!! I want a congressional hearing!

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I pretty much disagree with everything you said. 

40 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Send him to the pit of dispair! Cancel him from society! Suspended the rest of the season! Mandatory therapy!! Transfer all his weather to the grown man that was pushed!! I am horrified!!

Thoughts and prayers to the camera man as he attempts to make a full recovery from this criminal push.

We need pushing control NOW!!! I want a congressional hearing!

Truer words never spoken!

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

No.  Adams, like most normal people just waits for him to walk in front of him.  Had the Raiders won, I can assure you he wouldn't have pushed the guy.  Watch is closely and you realize Adams is lucky the guy didn't really get hurt.

2 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I pretty much disagree with everything you said. 

That’s obvious, the footage says you are incorrect, and the Perps own words say you are incorrect, but you do you on this one…, 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, SMAKCruiser said:

Here's another angle.

Ok that looks MUCH less egregious.

He didn't hunt the camera man down, he was looking down then looked up the instant this dude crosses his path and he seems to reflexively push him away.

Sucks for Adams that this wasn't the angle initially posted as I think it would've changed the way this incident has been perceived.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

He just stated facts.

“Facts”

any lawyer Adams hires will quickly turn this misdemeanor into a violation at worst. He could probably plead it to a violation himself with a simple call to the d.a., pay a fine and be done with it. 

as mentioned before, for all the people who thinks this is no big deal, i wonder how you would react if you were shoved to the ground like that, or if someone you cared about was.  way too much love for an athlete here.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

That's actually Adams' address.  Someone (tv station journalist AND the TV station) posted the entire document showing everything.

I think Schefter was the one who leaked the JPP stuff.

Adams has a nice house.  

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

“Facts”

any lawyer Adams hires will quickly turn this misdemeanor into a violation at worst. He could probably plead it to a violation himself with a simple call to the d.a., pay a fine and be done with it. 

It already is a misdemeanor.  More facts for you.  The problem for him is the civil suit, the NFL suspension, and a misdemeanor assault can result in as much as 180 days in jail and he is 100% guilty of that crime.   Likely won't happen, but those are the facts. 

Blimey, suprised at the turn that this has taken

He pushed the fella. Should be suspended a match or two.

Wasn't that bad, but it was also a bit of a a*hole move. His tweet was daft, though again not that bad.

The misdemeanor assault charge seems a litte OTT, but will probably end up in a fine or something else minimal.

Doesn't seem like one of those topics that would divide people so much. Show's what I know.

Edited by Simstim
  • Like (+1) 1