Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Pretty sure I wouldn't press charges unless I have real  injuries. 

Injuries are secondary to assault. If someone assaults you, they deserve the repercussions.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Charges are probably a means to gain leverage for the lawsuit. I’m sure Adams’ lawyers are already digging through the freelance photographers social media, etc to find out if he is a long term chiefs fan, litigious, etc. They can also attempt to move any trial outside of the area due to jury bias due from fandom as well. This could be interesting if it isn’t settled and swept under the rug. 

Regardless of that, there will definitely be some changes to protocol going forward. There will be language written into contracts with networks and freelance employees. Likely extra security clearing out the tunnels….

They can dig through all the photographer's personal stuff they want, he is on video committing an assault.  They don't want a trial.  They need to pay the guy and make it go away.  He just signed a $141 million dollar contract, $67.5 guaranteed.  He needs to write the guy a check for $1 million (basically a games salary) and make it go away.

Edited by Bills2022

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Absolute joke. The guy ran right in front of him. Adams is walking in cleats probably on concrete or some non grass surface at that point. There is a second video that shows Adams had virtually no reaction time. 

so the reaction is to shove someone to the ground?  it could have been completely avoided.  you know where i see people constantly bumping into each other?  at the gym.  people are in their own world, have headphones on, are in conversation, etc.   not once have i seen anyone push anyone else to the ground.  there's usually just an acknowledgement and people just walk around the other person.  simple.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, teef said:

i did.  you going?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you want to meet up in Calgary for that concert?

Wow!  Their best lineup is back together.  Sweet.  Can't wait to see what THOSE tickets cost.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Anyone got a good way to clean pepper juice off the hands after chopping up really hot peppers?

I believe a lot of Chefs wear gloves.  

I wouldn't pee until you get all that pepper juice off.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wow!  Their best lineup is back together.  Sweet.  Can't wait to see what THOSE tickets cost.

Do you think they'll be on groupon?

13 minutes ago, teef said:

so the reaction is to shove someone to the ground?  it could have been completely avoided.  you know where i see people constantly bumping into each other?  at the gym.  people are in their own world, have headphones on, are in conversation, etc.   not once have i seen anyone push anyone else to the ground.  there's usually just an acknowledgement and people just walk around the other person.  simple.

Yes it could have been avoided if the cameraman was watching what he was doing. I've got no issue with Adams pushing him out of the way. If that guy trips Adams and he gets hurt then what? Would you feel the same if it was Diggs? Athletes do all kinds of things that are wrong, but I'm not faulting a guy for protecting hi body while in uniform and still walking to the locker room. Cameraman has to be more considerate.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yes it could have been avoided if the cameraman was watching what he was doing. I've got no issue with Adams pushing him out of the way. If that guy trips Adams and he gets hurt then what? Would you feel the same if it was Diggs? Athletes do all kinds of things that are wrong, but I'm not faulting a guy for protecting hi body while in uniform and still walking to the locker room. Cameraman has to be more considerate.

you're really going to phrase this as adams was protecting his body?  he's much larger and stronger than that camera man, so i have a very hard time taking that as an excuse.  it's one thing if it's an accident where they bump into each other and someone gets knocked down.  that's not what happened though.  adams goes far out of his way to shove him, say something, (it seems) and walk right away.  if it was diggs i'd think it was wildly as bad as if it was adams.  

the protecting his body nonsense and the camera man, who was thrown to the ground, has to be more "considerate"?  majestic!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

They can dig through all the photographer's personal stuff they want, he is on video committing an assault.  They don't want a trial.  They need to pay the guy and make it go away.  He just signed a $141 million dollar contract, $67.5 guaranteed.  He needs to write the guy a check for $1 million (basically a games salary) and make it go away.

I’m sure they will pay the guy to make it go away. The question is whether the guy is willing to take 1) a reasonable amount of money, 2) sign a NDA and 3) drop charges. If the photographer decides to go all in and try for $10+ million and continue pressing charges this could get dragged out for a very long time with appeals to move the case, etc. We’ll find out soon enough though. The NFL and Adams probably want this to just go away. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Absolute joke. The guy ran right in front of him. Adams is walking in cleats probably on concrete or some non grass surface at that point. There is a second video that shows Adams had virtually no reaction time. 

Here's another angle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

So, if he assaulted you, you would be okay with that, right? 

Using the vague term “assault” like it’s the worst version of that term when it’s really closer to “barely-qualifies-as”makes this an argument of definition.

I see this interaction between two people as no big deal.

They essentially ran into each other and one extended his arms/pushed the other. When a person is walking/running in one direction, and you hit them from the side, they fall over easily. 

Edited by Shortchaz