Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

The guy was only in that position because he was bad at his job in that moment and put himself there. Don’t jump in front of players, especially in that situation.  It’s like if my dog ran out in the road and got hit by a car. I can argue the guy was driving his car too fast, but my dog needs to stay out of the road. There can be multiple wrongs at the same time. 

Reminds me a little bit of this:  

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, you agree the guy was moving. Right into the path of Adams. Bad move on his part. That is screwing up his job. Nobody else did that. It doesn’t make the SHOVE acceptable, and Adams looks bad making excuses, but if you have seen the other angle you know it was BOTH guys messing up. 

He was shoved, not “decked”, as defined here and as most would agree:

To Deck, To get decked; to hit or be hit viciously hard without mercy, usually in the mouth or nose region. To strike down upon another human with great vengeance and FURIOUS anger.

"I just decked Stephanie in the nose cuz the B word didnt have my money" 

"If my manager doesnt give me next friday off ima deck him right in his mouth

I know the takes are laughable, but we love you anyway. 

lol with the urban dictionary.  Strong backup lol

but yeah a guy in position to get pictures (his job) is at fault for inadvertently stepping into the path of an emotionally distressed player 

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, wtf?  not even Adams is claiming this absurd interpretation of this little event.

Anyway, it clearly seems the guy was getting up, likely moving.  

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious.  Adams decked this guy.

These takes are laughable.

Adams absolutely didn't deck the guy.  He shoved him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol with the urban dictionary.  Strong backup lol

but yeah a guy in position to get pictures (his job) is at fault for inadvertently stepping into the path of an emotionally distressed player 

And somehow, everyone else taking pictures managed not to jump in front of a player who actually had his head down. Walk out in the road, you just might get hit. Again, the shove was wrong, but if you jump out in front of me or otherwise startle me (or anyone), you just may get a reaction. That is the risk you take. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, wtf?  not even Adams is claiming this absurd interpretation of this little event.

Anyway, it clearly seems the guy was getting up, likely moving.  

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious.  Adams decked this guy.

These takes are laughable.

I didn't compare the incidents, I just showed you what "decking" someone really means.  Ray decked his girl...Adams pushed a guy standing up who lost his balance because he wasn't fully upright yet and landed on his butt.  

The only thing laughable is saying Adams "decked" this guy.  Its a gross over exaggeration by leaps and bounds.  

Here is what really happened...this is not suspension worthy.  Fine sure, but the dude pops up right in front of Adams when he isn't looking and reacted with a push.  Especially given how many times this year people have jumped down and ran onto the field, its not hard to see how this reaction mistakenly happened.  Like I said, fine him, but I don't think this deserves a suspension.

And the crew member had no business being in the exit tunnel and cutting across the players leaving the field.  He should have gone the other direction, not try and cut through the traffic of the players when he stood up. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it's an overreaction for the suspension. Players get suspended for in game fights all the time. This is the end of the game off the field and pushing a cameraman with a bunch of equipment and no pads or helmet to the ground. The guy could have gotten seriously hurt. Heat of the game is no excuse.

If he comes (came?) out with a genuine apology about that after, I'd probably change my mind on him being a price.

Yes, I realize this video was in the game thread from last night, but it seems to deserve its own discussion.

EDIT: Sincere apology:

He should.  Not much different than what Bobby Hart just got suspended a game for a couple weeks ago.

If he felt horrible immediately then why didnt he help the dude off the ground and appologize right then.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea a game and a chunky fine feels about right. Dick move but he was frustrated. I didn't see a replay of the overturned catch on the final drive... was it definitely incomplete?

It was really close.  He juggled the ball but he did get control with his left hand.  I only seen the one replay but it was so close to when his toe came up.  All depends on when that toe came up and they considered he had control of the ball.

Edited by Scott7975

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what really happened...this is not suspension worthy.  Fine sure, but the dude pops up right in front of Adams when he isn't looking and reacted with a push.  Especially given how many times this year people have jumped down and ran onto the field, its not hard to see how this reaction mistakenly happened.  Like I said, fine him, but I don't think this deserves a suspension.

And the crew member had no business being in the exit tunnel and cutting across the players leaving the field.  He should have gone the other direction, not try and cut through the traffic of the players when he stood up. 

How many thousands of times in NFL history has a camera man suddenly appeared in front  of a player and went unharmed in the process?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

And somehow, everyone else taking pictures managed not to jump in front a a player who actually had his head down. Walk out in the road, you just might get hit. Again, the shove was wrong, but if you jump out in front of me or otherwise startle me, I may just react. That is the risk you take. 

Lol—you are one bad hombre!

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn't compare the incidents, I just showed you what "decking" someone really means.  Ray decked his girl...Adams pushed a guy standing up who lost his balance because he wasn't fully upright yet and landed on his butt.  

The only thing laughable is saying Adams "decked" this guy.  Its a gross over exaggeration by leaps and bounds.  

yes, you shove a dude the the ground he loses his balance…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

I believe Davante is contrite, why do we need a pound of flesh?

The glory of social media-“at the very least he can do is apologize” turns into “yeah he apologized, but it’s definitely not sincere” to “he did it on purpose and walked right past him, he needs to be suspended” 

sensationalism and fake outrage get clicks and make money 

Just so it's clear. If your emotions are high aaand your an athlete you can push a dude to the ground.  So when my emotions are high and a coworker walks in front of me, can I then shove them to the ground or no?  Do I have to be an athlete to be afforded this luxury?  I don't think anyone would give me grace whatsoever. Why is that?  Is it because I don't make millions entertaining people?  Honestly if the camera guy was any of your wives or kids and some random schmuck did this the excuses would not be existent. 
Im not saying it was a life threatening shove or that the camera guy should seek legal actions, but I'm also not going to think that it was ok. Thats just my opinion and although I may not agree with a lot of them out there that are defending Adams,  I do value those opinions as well. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I believe Davante is contrite, why do we need a pound of flesh?

If he gets a fine, or suspension, it's because professional conduct doesn't end when the clock runs out. The photographer was literally doing his job. It's akin to a flag. The fact that a player is sorry that he roughed the passer is irrelevant. You don't flag based on intent. Bowling over an onfield photographer is clearly stepping over the line of professional conduct-- much more so than roughing the passer, IMO

And for all the people saying "don't step in front of the players..." understand that getting all those shots that we love to see is literally the responsibility of the photographer and the player being photographed. The NFL is a business, and quality coverage before, during, and after the game is intrinsic to that.

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

If he gets a fine, or suspension, it's because professional conduct doesn't end when the clock runs out. The photographer was literally doing his job. It's akin to a flag. The fact that a player is sorry that he roughed the passer is irrelevant. You don't flag based on intent. Bowling over an onfield photographer is clearly stepping over the line of professional conduct-- much more so than roughing the passer, IMO

And for all the people saying "don't step in front of the players..." understand that getting all those shots that we love to see is literally the responsibility of the photographer and the player being photographed. The NFL is a business, and quality coverage before, during, and after the game is intrinsic to that.

Every player should be mic'd up while wearing go-pro's.

QB view should be part of all-22.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it's an overreaction for the suspension. Players get suspended for in game fights all the time. This is the end of the game off the field and pushing a cameraman with a bunch of equipment and no pads or helmet to the ground. The guy could have gotten seriously hurt. Heat of the game is no excuse.

If he comes (came?) out with a genuine apology about that after, I'd probably change my mind on him being a price.

Yes, I realize this video was in the game thread from last night, but it seems to deserve its own discussion.

EDIT: Sincere apology:

The guy didn't run in front of Adams.  He had a camara on a stand, he wasn't moving fast.  Adams is making excuses.

If Davante Adams is sincerely sorry, he would put in the footwork to find out the guy's name and send him a personal apology, not just tweet it out and "hope he sees this".

Not necessarily being a trained athlete, if the guy skidded into the wall and damaged his head or something, I'm sure the cameraman's lawyer would seek out Davante, the Chiefs and the NFL personally.

This is unacceptable and should at a minimum be fined.  If Bobby Hart gets a game for swinging at a player he claims spit on him and hitting a coach by mistake, seems to me Adams should get a game for knocking over a cameraman and risking injury/damage to the tools of the man's livelihood.  Adams "feels" or frustrations do not justify him getting physical off the football field.

JMO of course. 

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Just so it's clear. If your emotions are high aaand your an athlete you can push a dude to the ground.  So when my emotions are high and a coworker walks in front of me, can I then shove them to the ground or no?  Do I have to be an athlete to be afforded this luxury?  I don't think anyone would give me grace whatsoever. Why is that?  Is it because I don't make millions entertaining people?  Honestly if the camera guy was any of your wives or kids and some random schmuck did this the excuses would not be existent. 
Im not saying it was a life threatening shove or that the camera guy should seek legal actions, but I'm also not going to think that it was ok. Thats just my opinion and although I may not agree with a lot of them out there that are defending Adams,  I do value those opinions as well. 

I agree with you. 

I don't think the camera guy should seek legal action - looks like it was no harm, no foul - but if he landed differently and smashed his head into the tunnel wall or smashed the camera equipment he needs to do his job, "oh sorry man, didn't mean it" wouldn't "make him whole"

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

The glory of social media-“at the very least he can do is apologize” turns into “yeah he apologized, but it’s definitely not sincere” to “he did it on purpose and walked right past him, he needs to be suspended” 

sensationalism and fake outrage get clicks and make money 

Where did Adams actually seek out the man he shoved and apologize?

Sorry, twittering "hope he sees this, I'm sorry" is "weak sauce".  I don't know for sure, but I think Adams could call his personal rep or his agent and say "hey, please find that guy I shoved, I wanna apologize to him personally" and the agent or personal rep could find him with 2-3 phone calls.  There are only a limited number of photogs credentialed to be on the field, and it can't be that hard to find the guy.  It's not like he's one of 70,000 random fans.  And even there, didn't the Bills find the "Bildo tosser" and ban him for life or something?

If we had a tweet from the cameraman saying "hey, Davante Adams reached out to me, it's all good!" I'd be chill.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, teef said:

oh wow.  that is an ####### move.  i'd be surprised if the nfl doesn't go out of their way to make an example of this.

I won't be shocked if he gets 2-4 games for this.  That guy could have been hurt pretty badly.  A 1 game suspension and fine is usually reserved for trivial things.  This is actually a big deal.  If this was a woman he would be suspended for the year.  

Edited by Bills2022