Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

I stated in my response it had to do with discipline and parenting. 

“Kids these days” absolutely has a connection regarding this though. There aren’t too many kids I know or have met that are completely spoiled and/or not grateful for what they have. Including experiences, material things, etc. yes I know there are good kids, but there’s a huge of them that are rotten little humans. And it has everything to do with parenting. And as I said before that all started when people became vilified for disciplining their children. 

im choosing not to continue to argue about this anymore before I completely tip someone, or tip myself and get banned for the foreseeable future. I’ve said my piece and I will go back to my miserable hole now. 

enjoy your day 

This is my favorite quote on this subject.

"All the kids I've coached, they're not much different than they were 20 years ago," Shoemaker, 58, told me. "I don't think kids have changed, parenting has changed."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/varsity-voices/2014/03/10/coach-kids-havent-changed-parents-have/6257953/

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

I think its a 2 fold problem...Camera man or crew should be more aware and not be in the way of the tunnel.  Its a violent game and emotional game...these players coming off the field have the chance to be charged up, excited, angry, what ever.  I mean what if Adams was just running to the locker room and bumped into him?  Same result (camera man down) even though it would be seen less negative.  

Second, obviously Adams can't do this.  Yes, he was in his way, but he has to keep a cooler head in this situation.  

End of the day, it was just a shove, in which he already apologized for.  I think a hefty fine is sufficient, I don't really see this as something that needs a suspension.  Had he thrown a punch or an elbow or something then it would be different.  

Fine him, but don't think he should be suspended.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it's an overreaction for the suspension. Players get suspended for in game fights all the time. This is the end of the game off the field and pushing a cameraman with a bunch of equipment and no pads or helmet to the ground. The guy could have gotten seriously hurt. Heat of the game is no excuse.

If he comes (came?) out with a genuine apology about that after, I'd probably change my mind on him being a price.

Yes, I realize this video was in the game thread from last night, but it seems to deserve its own discussion.

EDIT: Sincere apology:

Don't be such a snowflake!  Its a violent physical passionate game.  Adams plays his ass off for 3 and a half hours.  The Raiders lose at the end.  Adams' catch down the sideline is ruled not a catch in the last 2 minutes.  Then on 4th down he and Renfroe collide.  The guy is going to be a little bit pissed.  Sure its not a good look.  But he didn't pummel the guy.  And he apologized.  End of story.  

My son plays college football.  He is so pissed after a loss, he won't even go shake hands w the opposing team.  He just walks straight to the locker room.  

If you were leaving work after a real tough emotional day, and as you walk out of your office someone jumps right out in front of you, what are you going to do?  You get where I am coming from bro?

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, teef said:

nonsense.  you have no idea, and you're using this as an excuse for poor actions.  every week there's athletes who a wildly let down, yet they don't act like children who didn't get their way.  this softening of men is just a you issue.  you mention participation trophies,   gender reveals,  adding she/her after my name...come on.  if someone got in your way on the street and you shoved them to the ground, would there be no consequences?  or if you did it at work?

i'm 45 now.  i've leaned that with age doesn't necessarily come wisdom which some of the older generation shoves down our throat.  it's the older generation that caused this world to be in the situation it is now, so enough of that garbage.  sometimes older people are just dumb older people.  

Stop expecting everyone to be perfect all the time, not everyone is built the same. What’s garbage is the disrespect for elders your generation is famous for. The photographer has just as much culpability as DA. But your generation doesn’t ever take responsibility for your actions. 
This action didn’t occur in the street and that does make a difference. The person who got shoved didn’t follow the rules either. It’s nothing more than an unfortunate incident, where two people could have done better. But expecting every athlete to behave perfectly after a highly emotional game is ridiculous, but I don’t expect your generation to understand that, sometimes being woke doesn’t mean your awake.

• Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, Bandito said:

It still is assault. He could've walked by him like every normal human being, but he decided to assault the poor guy. And the comment about many on here didn't play at a high level? Most here played sports in HS etc so that comment isn't relevant and makes no sense. I played at a very high level and never assaulted anyone in the sport I played in college.

High School doesn’t even come close to professional sports, your livelihood is not on the line, you don’t have tens of thousands of live fans cheering. And just because you didn’t play with passion and emotion doesn’t mean everyone is the the same. Not everyone can turn the switch after a highly emotional affair. Calling this assault is disrespectful to people who have truly suffered abuse. 
Should Adams behaved better? Absolutely, you would hope he could control his emotions better, but for people to act like this is some egregious serial killer assault is a joke. If this was a fan the outrage would be acceptable, but this was someone who should know better. I say the camera man should lose his ability to work professional events if he is so unaware of his surroundings that he can’t keep himself out of the way of players exiting the field of play. This should be a non issue, a warning, a fine ok and that’s about it. 

40 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

That’s a joke…

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Stop expecting everyone to be perfect all the time, not everyone is built the same. What’s garbage is the disrespect for elders your generation is famous for. The photographer has just as much culpability as DA. But your generation doesn’t ever take responsibility for your actions. 
This action didn’t occur in the street and that does make a difference. The person who got shoved didn’t follow the rules either. It’s nothing more than an unfortunate incident, where two people could have done better. But expecting every athlete to behave perfectly after a highly emotional game is ridiculous, but I don’t expect your generation to understand that, sometimes being woke doesn’t mean your awake.

you're really starting to sound like an old man yelling at a cloud here.  no one is saying be perfect all the time.  incidences happen, and there's consequences for those actions.  welcome to life.

and let's not start the disrespect for the elders nonsense, (mind you i'm a 45 year old man).  just because someone is older doesn't mean they deserve blind respect.  you'll get the respect you give to others, and that's exactly how it should be.  how many times have we seen "older" folk be complete #######s to someone in food service, retain, comfort care, etc.  you're no more deserving than anyone at all.  

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its a 2 fold problem...Camera man or crew should be more aware and not be in the way of the tunnel.  Its a violent game and emotional game...these players coming off the field have the chance to be charged up, excited, angry, what ever.  I mean what if Adams was just running to the locker room and bumped into him?  Same result (camera man down) even though it would be seen less negative.  

Second, obviously Adams can't do this.  Yes, he was in his way, but he has to keep a cooler head in this situation.  

End of the day, it was just a shove, in which he already apologized for.  I think a hefty fine is sufficient, I don't really see this as something that needs a suspension.  Had he thrown a punch or an elbow or something then it would be different.  

I’m NOT defending the push, but I’ve only seen the one angle HERE. There is another angle which shows this guy just ran out in front of him while Adams had his head down. He reacted quickly and clearly too harshly, but don’t judge unless you have seen both views. It looks like a different incident!  

The shove was wrong, but more understandable from the other angle. The guy was not just standing there, he jumped out in front of Adams. Filing a police report tells me something about this guy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Don't be such a snowflake!  Its a violent physical passionate game.  Adams plays his ass off for 3 and a half hours.  The Raiders lose at the end.  Adams' catch down the sideline is ruled not a catch in the last 2 minutes.  Then on 4th down he and Renfroe collide.  The guy is going to be a little bit pissed.  Sure its not a good look.  But he didn't pummel the guy.  And he apologized.  End of story.  

My son plays college football.  He is so pissed after a loss, he won't even go shake hands w the opposing team.  He just walks straight to the locker room.  

If you were leaving work after a real tough emotional day, and as you walk out of your office someone jumps right out in front of you, what are you going to do?  You get where I am coming from bro?

I appreciate Adams' apology. But if anyone was being a snowflake here, it's the guy who takes out his frustration on a smaller guy just trying to do his job, because they failed at theirs. It's the emotionally stronger man who can maintain professionalism, and good sportsmanship in defeat.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

looks like the guy was sitting and then stood to get out of the way.  Adams decked him just as he stood up.

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m NOT defending the push, but I’ve only seen the one angle HERE. There is another angle which shows this guy just ran out in front of him while Adams had his head down. He reacted quickly and clearly too harshly, but don’t judge unless you have seen both views. It looks like a different incident!  

The shove was wrong, but more understandable from the other angle. The guy was not just standing there, he jumped out in front of Adams. Filing a police report tells me something about this guy. 

Yeah, from the other angle you can see that Adams didn't get a glimpse of the dude until the last moment, and it was basically a kneejerk reaction.  Obviously, he still shouldn't have pushed him with that kind of force to knock him over, but I think a simple fine should be enough.  I do not think a suspension is warranted.  

As for the camera guy, as much as my initial reaction is to revoke his man-card for filing a police report, we don't know his particular situation with regards to his health or past injuries, or even having friends or family who were badly injured in some similar type of "light" assault in the past.  And the fact is if you push a person to the ground in a crowded space like that, there's no telling what could happen with a potential head or back injury.  (Guess I'm contradicting what I wrote above - LOL)

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

So the big bad Kansas City Chiefs beat a last place team by 1 point?

VERY SCARY CHIEFS 

Games against divisional opponents are never easy. The Raiders played hard. 

I wouldn’t sell the Chiefs short for next week. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm thinking nothing could demonstrate that he "felt horrible immediately" better than walking right by the guy he just pushed to the ground...

He looked almost as concerned as when Stafford took off when the lady taking a picture took a header off the stage

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, from the other angle you can see that Adams didn't get a glimpse of the dude until the last moment, and it was basically a kneejerk reaction.  Obviously, he still shouldn't have pushed him with that kind of force to knock him over, but I think a simple fine should be enough.  I do not think a suspension is warranted.  

As for the camera guy, as much as my initial reaction is to revoke his man-card for filing a police report, we don't know his particular situation with regards to his health or past injuries, or even having friends or family who were badly injured in some similar type of "light" assault in the past.  And the fact is if you push a person to the ground in a crowded space like that, there's no telling what could happen with a potential head or back injury.  (Guess I'm contradicting what I wrote above - LOL)

The guy was only in that position because he was bad at his job in that moment and put himself there. Don’t jump in front of players, especially in that situation.  It’s like if my dog ran out in the road and got hit by a car. I can argue the guy was driving his car too fast, but my dog needs to stay out of the road. There can be multiple wrongs at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

looks like the guy was sitting and then stood to get out of the way.  Adams decked him just as he stood up.

Adams didn't "deck" him.  He shoved him yes, but decking is an exaggerative description.  The guy just stumbled after the shove because of the angle and not having his feet set.  Decking someone is what Ray Rice did to his girl in an elevator.  This guy got shoved by a bigger guy and stumbled and landed on his butt.  

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

The guy was only in that position because he was bad at his job in that moment and put himself there. Don’t jump in front of players, especially in that situation.  It’s like if my dog ran out in the road and got hit by a car. I can argue the guy was driving his car too fast, but my dog needs to stay out of the road. There can be multiple wrongs at the same time. 

This.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

lol, wtf?  not even Adams is claiming this absurd interpretation of this little event.

Anyway, it clearly seems the guy was getting up, likely moving.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Adams didn't "deck" him.  He shoved him yes, but decking is an exaggerative description.  The guy just stumbled after the shove because of the angle and not having his feet set.  Decking someone is what Ray Rice did to his girl in an elevator.  This guy got shoved by a bigger guy and stumbled and landed on his butt.  

This.

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious.  Adams decked this guy.

These takes are laughable.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it's an overreaction for the suspension. Players get suspended for in game fights all the time. This is the end of the game off the field and pushing a cameraman with a bunch of equipment and no pads or helmet to the ground. The guy could have gotten seriously hurt. Heat of the game is no excuse.

If he comes (came?) out with a genuine apology about that after, I'd probably change my mind on him being a price.

Yes, I realize this video was in the game thread from last night, but it seems to deserve its own discussion.

EDIT: Sincere apology:

I believe Davante is contrite, why do we need a pound of flesh?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, wtf?  not even Adams is claiming this absurd interpretation of this little event.

Anyway, it clearly seems the guy was getting up, likely moving.  

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious.  Adams decked this guy.

These takes are laughable.

Yes, you agree the guy was moving. Right into the path of Adams. Bad move on his part. That is screwing up his job. Nobody else did that. It doesn’t make the SHOVE acceptable, and Adams looks bad making excuses, but if you have seen the other angle you know it was BOTH guys messing up. 

He was shoved, not “decked”, as defined here and as most would agree:

To Deck, To get decked; to hit or be hit viciously hard without mercy, usually in the mouth or nose region. To strike down upon another human with great vengeance and FURIOUS anger.

"I just decked Stephanie in the nose cuz the B word didnt have my money" 

"If my manager doesnt give me next friday off ima deck him right in his mouth

I know the takes are laughable, but we love you anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1