Jump to content

Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation


Warriorspikes51
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Count me amongst those who’ve been hot and cold on Singletary for most of his career but in last year’s playoffs and a good part of this season I’ve seen his skill set used quite effectively. I swear he’s open on virtually every play for a quick check down over the middle if Josh wants to get it to him. I’m not sure why Dorsey went away from him in the second half the other night but the few times they tried to run it Devin was hit three yards in the backfield….obviously not his fault. 

 

 He went away from him in the 2nd half of the Chiefs game after he got off to a quick start also.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea whether Singletary will be resigned after this year.  I do know that there are an unbelievable number of very good running backs who will be on the market next year which will (1) depress the RB market and potentially make resigning Singletary economically feasible and (2) if we don't resign him, we should be able to sign a good back on the cheap to pair with Cook.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Motor runs hard.  I really like Motor and Cook.

 

But this Bills team is built to win the Super Bowl.   What if Motor gets hurt?  
Who is your starter then?  Cook?  Moss?  Taiwan?  Not fair to Josh then.

 

The Bills are deep everywhere but RB imo 

If we don’t make a trade, I think Duke would be our lead back if Motor went down.  

29 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 Based on the cap space for next year(already over the cap) he'll be using most if not all of them. Already $7 million over the cap with only 38 players signed and a 1st round picks salary factored in.

 

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2023/

 

 

We had 2M cap room to start last offseason.  We signed Von Miller, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, Saffold, Quessenberry, Crowder, Howard and Mckenzie.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is everyone always fretting over the Cap?  $$$$ can be moved around all the time.



 

3 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

 


In other words, "make us your final offer" 

 

I like Devin (usually) and Cook looks encouraging after Packers game.


However, we could use a power back.   Hunt or Jacobs works for me 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we don’t make a trade, I think Duke would be our lead back if Motor went down.  

We had 2M cap room to start last offseason.  We signed Von Miller, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, Saffold, Quessenberry, Crowder, Howard and Mckenzie.  

 

 Yes by restructuring contracts and allocating $3.25 million for Saffold & Phillips into void years in 2023. Which was my point, we'll be doing a bunch of that this offseason as well.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only trades I'm truly interested in:

1. Safety - Hyde out and Poyer dealing with injuries...the year is too important to leave that to chance

2. Depth OL

3. Depth SLWR

4. Depth RB - not starting material necessarily, just someone that provides a good balance to Cook if Motor is injured.

 

That's it and really only Safety is standing out a red flag alert. Everything else is just - gravy. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 Yes by restructuring contracts and allocating $3.25 million for Saffold & Phillips into void years in 2023. Which was my point, we'll be doing a bunch of that this offseason as well.

 

 

Ok, sorry.  I thought you we insinuating that we can’t sign anyone because we don’t have the cap room.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I have no idea whether Singletary will be resigned after this year.  I do know that there are an unbelievable number of very good running backs who will be on the market next year which will (1) depress the RB market and potentially make resigning Singletary economically feasible and (2) if we don't resign him, we should be able to sign a good back on the cheap to pair with Cook.

 

I can see him coming back at a reasonable rate. It has been shocking how many have been deemed gone only to stay here. Roll with him, Cook, and a power replacement for Moss next year.

 

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

However, we could use a power back.   Hunt or Jacobs works for me 

 

Think Josh Allen GIF by Buffalo Bills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok, sorry.  I thought you we insinuating that we can’t sign anyone because we don’t have the cap room.

 

 No problem. The Saints have provided enough proof through the years that the salary cap is just a number. They were just $100 million over the cap and still made it work.😂

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 No problem. The Saints have provided enough proof through the years that the salary cap is just a number. They were just $100 million over the cap and still made it work.😂

 

 

💯 we’ll eventually run into a brick wall, but if done right, could only really only affect us terribly in one season……while being one of the top 3-5 contenders for a decade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 Yes by restructuring contracts and allocating $3.25 million for Saffold & Phillips into void years in 2023. Which was my point, we'll be doing a bunch of that this offseason as well.

 

 

 

Yup. Converting Allen and Tre's salary to signing bonus creates like 25 million themselves. Can do similar things with a couple other guys. Greg Tompsett from twitter is great with the cap stuff and laid out a way that we could create 60 million in cap room (we wont do all of those things) and thats not even factoring in that the cap will likely go up more than the current projection. We are finneeeee money wise. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

In a way I'm a little frustrated by Cook's solid performance last night because it muddies the waters on how our RB stable is looking. Trading for a player like Hines or Hunt would make a ton of sense if we think Cook will mostly be a non-factor for the rest of the season. But was his performance last night for real? If so, no need to make any moves at RB. It's an interesting dilemma.


 

I just think people are missing how this staff works with rookies when they can.  
 

They recognize most rookies play 10-13 games a season with several weeks of downtime in college - especially before bowl season.

 

The Bills seem to work to allow as many rookies as possible to slowly work their way into playing time and when possible alternate or give them plays off - so they don’t hit the “Rookie Wall”.

 

It also allows the Bills additional training and teaching time to ensure they are closer to being ready to handle the bigger games later.

 

I think they have been slowly adding to cooks playing time and we will see that continue.

 

I think the Bills were asking about RBs, but I do not believe either the CMC or the Kamara talks were anything beyond very preliminary questions to see if they could get a deal.  I think the Bills are happier with the RB room than the fans are.

 

We will see.

 

 

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

The only trades I'm truly interested in:

1. Safety - Hyde out and Poyer dealing with injuries...the year is too important to leave that to chance

2. Depth OL

3. Depth SLWR

4. Depth RB - not starting material necessarily, just someone that provides a good balance to Cook if Motor is injured.

 

That's it and really only Safety is standing out a red flag alert. Everything else is just - gravy. 

1- Dean Marlowe. His value went up after earning a starting spot and a win

2. Better with PS signings

3. OBJ if we are desperate 

4. Duke Johnson is our depth but Hunt is reasonable to try to get for a 4th or 5th

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

 

Yup. Converting Allen and Tre's salary to signing bonus creates like 25 million themselves. Can do similar things with a couple other guys. Greg Tompsett from twitter is great with the cap stuff and laid out a way that we could create 60 million in cap room (we wont do all of those things) and thats not even factoring in that the cap will likely go up more than the current projection. We are finneeeee money wise. 

 

 I agree. Starting in 2024 the cap is going to start to go way up on a yearly basis. Plus if Apple or Google get in on the action it will start to skyrocket.

 

 Currently Apple is the leading candidate for Sunday Ticket and the NFL wants that to be a package deal to include a minority stake in NFL Media(Redzone, NFL Network & NFL.com) to increase revenue. Partnering with gambling sites has also brought in additional money that will only increase. As Beane said let the cap get to $500 million so I can keep buying good players lol.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

 

 I agree. Starting in 2024 the cap is going to start to go way up on a yearly basis. Plus if Apple or Google get in on the action it will start to skyrocket.

 

 Currently Apple is the leading candidate for Sunday Ticket and the NFL wants that to be a package deal to include a minority stake in NFL Media(Redzone, NFL Network & NFL.com) to increase revenue. Partnering with gambling sites has also brought in additional money that will only increase. As Beane said let the cap get to $500 million so I can keep buying good players lol.

 

 

 

That's what most people don't understand...cap will start going up after this year in reality since Amazon's $1B deal started this season. Will see steady, large increases over the next 4-5 years...by 2026-2027 cap should be over $300 million a year. People complaining about what the Bills are paying Josh in terms of cap costs will see that as one of the best bargains in the NFL by that time.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pretty important. 
 

 

 

Guess the Bills are kinda screwed...unless they restructure someone on their own team maybe?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...