Gonna state the obvious here but.......

Kwai San

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

I think he was so unbelievably gassed and drained from the sun/heat.  The whole offense was.

I mentioned this all week and people blew it off. I knew the heat would be a big, big problem. I live here and it's insane how much it drains your body when you are doing physical activity outside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I mentioned this all week and people blew it off. I knew the heat would be a big, big problem. I live here and it's insane how much it drains your body when you are doing physical activity outside. 

I live in SE FL and I know what it's like too...but there was something weird going on in the game today.

We seemed unusually impacted by the heat, even though this was just a normal day of weather for September, and we play a game down here every September.

I just don't remember us having this many problems.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I live in SE FL and I know what it's like too...but there was something weird going on in the game today.

We seemed unusually impacted by the heat, even though this was just a normal day of weather for September, and we play a game down here every September.

I don't think it's normal anymore. There's something in the air that is crippling when you are outside. and if you are not used to it, it will drain you of energy. I have to work outside sometimes and it's just exhausting. 

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Why wasn’t the Dolphins defense laying down? They were on the field for 40 mins and if that was our defense, fully healthy, giving up chunks and chunks of yardage, we  simply would’ve dismissed it as fatigue and blamed the offense for not staying on the field. Those guys didn’t wilt against the Bills O, hats off to them. 

better execution.  better preparation for the heat. sick of the “our offense was gassed” excuse.  generally the offense being on the field so long wears down a D. 

8 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

apparently McD and our trainers blew it off also.  Inexcusable really. 

• Dislike 1

Stop worrying about the offense. We were down to our 3rd string C and neitheir Van Roten or Mancz could snap the ball correctly. Doyle has never played G outside a few offseason snaps. Brown gave the best revolving door impression I've seen in ages. Wow that guy is bad! I know Quessenberry isn't very good, but he's still measurably better than Brown. We didn't pay enough attention to our OL and I just hope the guys right side can get it together or other teams will take advantage.Having Oliver, Jackson and Hyde unavailable didn't help.

They managed the clock fine.  When they got the holding penalty it screwed up their time management by taking them out of field goal range and increasing the yards they needed.  That burned time.  I still think if the darn refs got the ball down in time for Josh to spike, Bass would have nailed a 60 yarder.  Dudes got juice for a kicker!  And he no doubt wanted to avenge the shank.

At the time of the hold they were 57 yards out.  Already in range.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

HOLY CRAP why didn't Josh throw to the sidelines more towards the end of the game???  Please please please do not say the fins had that covered....no FRIGGING way did they.  Josh and the receivers, either WR's or RB's need to get to the sideline.  I have watched tooooooo many QB's do that.  Josh is at the point in his development that this is a easy peasy move for him.  Lost the game due to this seemingly unable ability to do this.  DAMMIT!!!!!

Watch the game, watch how much pressure this dish strainer of an offensive line was giving up.

Oh and who did you want him to go to? Diggs? Not on the field, completely disappeared again.

Davis? With his 0.1 yards of separation?

Maybe Josh could have thrown McKenzie out of bounds by himself as Isaiah was juking around struggling for 1-yard more instead of bee-lining it out of bounds. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Buffalo played Monday night. They had a short week to prep for the weather and travel, I think it may be an additional factor.

Also had a lot of second stringers who may not be quite as well conditioned as starters

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The real question is why wasn't Allen cramping and suffering from heat stroke?

Allen was also still chuckling after getting hit like an absolute psychopath. While everybody else is getting injured and other QBs are screaming over ankle sprains. You just can't compare him to other people at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen was running for his life on that last play.  I'm amazed he even completed a pass.  There were also two dropped passes on that last drive.  Allen was actually functioning at a high level on that drive.  The problem was that the rest of the offense was gassed and suffering from cramps & heat exhaustion.  The real question is why wasn't Allen cramping and suffering from heat stroke?

Because he’s a unicorn

I can’t speak for everybody but I am a California native was born here and live here every place that I went when I was in the Air Force that had high humidity just did me in when I was stationed in Keesler in Mississippi I had to be very careful to make sure I drink enough water or I was in the hospital dry heat is just so much different than humidity heat

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

HOLY CRAP why didn't Josh throw to the sidelines more towards the end of the game???  Please please please do not say the fins had that covered....no FRIGGING way did they.  Josh and the receivers, either WR's or RB's need to get to the sideline.  I have watched tooooooo many QB's do that.  Josh is at the point in his development that this is a easy peasy move for him.  Lost the game due to this seemingly unable ability to do this.  DAMMIT!!!!!

Because we couldn't run a single called play because we had no blocking. That was backyard football all day.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I have enough trouble figuring out the Bills and can't spare any brain matter to wonder about the Finns.  All I know was that Bills players on offense were cramping up and suffering heat exhaustion and leaving the game on a regular basis. Throw in a couple of old fashioned injuries and Allen was playing with less then half a deck for big parts of the game.

Yup. Three new OLs including Doyle at guard, where he had never played a snap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

better execution.  better preparation for the heat. sick of the “our offense was gassed” excuse.  generally the offense being on the field so long wears down a D. 

apparently McD and our trainers blew it off also.  Inexcusable really. 

You're kidding, right?

They did prepare, but there just isn't much you can do. Two separate readings of 120 and 123 were recorded on the field that I've seen, 123 on the broadcast and 120 from Dan on BillsPlus. And we were wearing blue and the bench was in the sun.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The RB rotation makes me sick!! Either get you a bellcow type of RB or do away with the position altogether. Just load up on receivers if running the ball isn't going to be your schtick

Our RB's are better WR's than RB's at this point.

15 hours ago, Simon said:

I'd forgotten about that right after Moss ran the tightrope to the 32, 26, 38 whatever.

I hate taking TO's in the 2nd half just to avoid Delay penalties; it's a stupid habit that is more detrimental than beneficial.

I'd much rather lose the 5 yrds than one of my 2nd half timeouts in a tight game. Especially on 1st down.

Just take the light penalty and move on.

Mc D is too quick to use TO's to save 5 yards.  Probably OK to do it the first half, but second half time outs can be critical.  He should have been all over the refs after they took forever to spot the damn ball.

I'm just glad I don't have to see JP Losman or Trent Edwards under center.

Josh missed some throws, specifically the 4th and goal play to McKenzie. But even with a banged up offensive line, he gave us a chance to win at the end of the game.

Just have to get healthy and this team is back on track. 

The Bills are 2-1 and get another crack at the Dolphins in December.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.