Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

I'm a big McD critic but I give him a lot of credit for the job he did yesterday and putting the 'can't win close games' narrative to rest, at least temporarily.

Still think the Ravens are going to win their division and are a legit SB contender which makes this a big time win for tie breaker purposes as well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

He is 100% correct. Most constructive criticism of the Bills aren't welcome here. Be prepared for a backlash. Labeled as a hater, a fan of another team,  a troll, and getting banned for the smallest of technicalities. I think most here aren't looking for sympathy or playing the victim. Rather some feel they can't or shouldn't express  negativity due to the consequences. 

Nah if people got banned for the smallest of technicalities then FilthyBeast would have been banned long ago.  This moderation team is pretty good and for the most part lets people say their peace about the Bills. On BBMB you couldnt say anything without being banned.  I was being stalked and harrased by someone on that board.  Dude literally followed me from thread to thread harrasing me and I got banned instead because one day I got tired of it and I stood up for myself.  You had to walk on egg shells there because there were clearly mods that had power go to their head and certain posters were friends of them and untouchable.

You also dont seem to understand the difference of opinion and people that have agendas that have to drive it in every single post they make.  People that make posts criticizing things when it doesnt even make sense to criticize because they have tunnel vision about their opinion.  I've seen people get pure negative on the team after the Bills blew out the other team the same day.  Im sorry but thats just insane.  Thats not just opinion.  Thats agenda.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

People are more than willing to have constructive criticism - he issue is the few that push a narrative, but do not really discuss.  They just keep stating the same incorrect garbage over and over - even when there has been concrete proof to show the other side.

For example - here was a huge complaint by a specific poster about how McD was to blame for not challenging the Davis “catch” in the Miami game.

Tons of proof as provided stating why it was not a TD, but the poster just kept repeating it was a catch with no poof.  It is fine to present your case, but when you are the only one that sees it a certain way and your whole reason is that is how you feel - maybe express yourself once or twice and then move on rather than making it crusade over and over.

I'll take that advice. Thank you. 

The only problem I have with the decision making of this coach is with player personnel. One question is why won't they deactivate Moss for a game and bring up Duke Johnson to see if he can inject some energy into the running game? Why didn't he sit Gabe down until his ankle is healthy and give the younger guys some burn? 

34 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No it's not. I know many who feel otherwise. Your insight here is off here. It allows you and others to go on the attack. Who makes the distinction you are saying? Where is the line drawn? How can you prove what you are claiming? 

Hi back and look at my posts and see the attacks I received. Many were way out there saying I'm a fan of another time, attacking me personally, etc...Totally false! I do accept the professional criticism frim many on here. I clearly went way overboard and beat a dead horse. I keep my mouth shut and took their advice. 

You spent like 2 hours crying about a roughing the passer call bro.

McD has a huge following and there are some who see absolutely no wrong in anything he does.  

He's improved dramatically as a coach, particularly on the offensive side of things.  Again I think this is 90% due to Allen, but he has done a much better job.

Still there are plenty of calls to questions, but this is the same with all coaches.

But yes and I've call them this before, there are a segment of posters here who are 100% McD apologists.

Yesterday I frankly was never worried and thought the Bills would win.  Their toughest foe was the weather.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nah if people got banned for the smallest of technicalities then FilthyBeast would have been banned long ago.  This moderation team is pretty good and for the most part lets people say their peace about the Bills. On BBMB you couldnt say anything without being banned.  I was being stalked and harrased by someone on that board.  Dude literally followed me from thread to thread harrasing me and I got banned instead because one day I got tired of it and I stood up for myself.  You had to walk on egg shells there because there were clearly mods that had power go to their head and certain posters were friends of them and untouchable.

You also dont seem to understand the difference of opinion and people that have agendas that have to drive it in every single post they make.  People that make posts criticizing things when it doesnt even make sense to criticize because they have tunnel vision about their opinion.  I've seen people get pure negative on the team after the Bills blew out the other team the same day.  Im sorry but thats just insane.  Thats not just opinion.  Thats agenda.

I hear you. I mean people have differing views. Not sure why anyone has an agenda here. That seems bizarre to me.  

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

McD has a huge following and there are some who see absolutely no wrong in anything he does.  

He's improved dramatically as a coach, particularly on the offensive side of things.  Again I think this is 90% due to Allen, but he has done a much better job.

Still there are plenty of calls to questions, but this is the same with all coaches.

But yes and I've call them this before, there are a segment of posters here who are 100% McD apologists.

Yesterday I frankly was never worried and thought the Bills would win.  Their toughest foe was the weather.

nonsense.  he's certainly not a perfect coach and he needs to improve in certain areas of his game, but the criticism he gets from certain posters is insane.  for no reason at all, you just don't like that he's tied in with improving the culture.  why?

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear you. I mean people have differing views. Not sure why anyone has an agenda here. That seems bizarre to me.  

so...you don't think filthybeast has an agenda?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Rex Ryan.  What does it matter?  McD got this team to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman at QB with Zay Jones as the #1 receiver and some other nobody.

That other nobody was none other than kelvin Benjamin the man, the myth, the legend.  Don’t forget about Robert foster!  WR room was stacked those years!  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll take that advice. Thank you. 

It is not necessarily for you - we all do it.  We pitch our tents on a mountain/hill and die there.

It is good to have discussions back and forth with proof and reasoning as that helps us grow.

It is bad to have back and forths where it is - I think this and I am right - especially when everyone else is going - wait maybe you need to look at this.

I don’t know maybe it is just the new world, but there must be room for opinions if people have valid reasons that they share.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

OK I will tell you why.

How many drives did the Ravens stop the Bills in the second half?  One..  

4:15 on the clock ad a FG puts Bills in 4 down mode as well.  You know same Bills that the entire second half Ravens D had no answer for.

They dont score Allen would have had 4 min to go 98 yards or 50 for FG.

Now fast forward because we have the ability of hindsight.  Bills got to the 1 yard line with 1:01 left in the game, and a RB that would have scored the TD but fell down on purpose.  A FG there and Harbaugh is giving up, he knew it everyone knows it except the old school people that dont want to accept Math can guide you.

I agree with how the Bills handled the clock at the end.  Superb actually.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Differing views is not the problem.  I have a lot of different views than other people.  I dont feel people call me troll or anything like that.  Its because I listen too.  When I feel I am wrong I concede.  When I feel I am right then I just agree to disagree.  What I dont do is spend all day every single thread saying the same thing over and over even when the evidence points otherwise.  

There are certain people that do that.  Not saying you are one of them. An example would be like people making a huge deal out of the "0-7" in close games that completely ignore the season just before we were 5-1.  Still carrying on that same mantra even after today when we are 1-1 this season.  Thats the type of stuff that gets a little troll worthy label in my book.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You spent like 2 hours crying about a roughing the passer call bro.

I know I get that. I get over passionate about football and the Bills. I'm trying to improve my behavior. Also, sometimes I try to force my opinion on others. Another flaw of mine. I took the advice of posters who rightfully pointed out my inapporiate insistent responses. It too me far too long to shut up. I thank people for doing so. I don't take things personally here. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Differing views is not the problem.  I have a lot of different views than other people.  I dont feel people call me troll or anything like that.  Its because I listen too.  When I feel I am wrong I concede.  When I feel I am right then I just agree to disagree.  What I dont do is spend all day every single thread saying the same thing over and over even when the evidence points otherwise.  

There are certain people that do that.  Not saying you are one of them. An example would be like people making a huge deal out of the "0-7" in close games that completely ignore the season just before we were 5-1.  Still carrying on that same mantra even after today when we are 1-1 this season.  Thats the type of stuff that gets a little troll worthy label in my book.

Bingo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

nonsense.  he's certainly not a perfect coach and he needs to improve in certain areas of his game, but the criticism he gets from certain posters is insane.  for no reason at all, you just don't like that he's tied in with improving the culture.  why?

so...you don't think filthybeast has an agenda?

What more can I say to defend him?  I said he's improved and given him props and kudos.  

My comment was to those who seldom question him and say he's 100% responsible for all this (yes paraphrasing).

I also said all coaches make mistakes.

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I know I get that. I get over passionate about football and the Bills. I'm trying to improve my behavior. Also, sometimes I try to force my opinion on others. Another flaw of mine. I took the advice of posters who rightfully pointed out my inapporiate insistent responses. It too me far too long to shut up. I thank people for doing so. I don't take things personally here. 

Yeah like I dont even care you had that opinion.  Its just how long you went on about it and I got tired of hearing it.  All good man.  I get passion.

Another example... we had a guy in another thread complaining about the clock management in both the first half and second half where we scored a TD leaving 9 seconds on the clock and ended the game with a game winning field goal.  Thats some trollish ***** right there.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

I assume you disagreed with McD's correct call to go for it om 4th down vs. Tennessee last year too. When you have QB's like Josh or Lamar, you go for it. 

I don't remember that specifically.  But calls like that are game situation based and far more involved that saying I have a solid QB so I'm going for it.  I think a lot of the time McDermott thinks along the same lines as you do though.

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The only problem I have with the decision making of this coach is with player personnel. One question is why won't they deactivate Moss for a game and bring up Duke Johnson to see if he can inject some energy into the running game? Why didn't he sit Gabe down until his ankle is healthy and give the younger guys some burn? 

I believe other than game 1 they have been forced to call up 2 position players for DL and CB to help cover for injuries.  They get limited call ups and had to cover the injuried spots first.  Maybe Johnson gets called up one we get through this rash of injuries and they have a spot to call him up.

It looks like versus Pittsburgh - we are going to need WR and maybe 2 WRs or another DL if Phillips isn’t back - so I do not see a spot o Johnson this week.

JMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.