Jump to content

Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme


Einstein
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again  McD has grown on me (yes I'll keep repeating this line), however like every coach he has his warts.  Great to win a close game after 7 losses where many could be blamed on coaching (in the last two minutes) in that time period.  

 

But this board have too many people with this mad crush on McD that I don't really get.  

it's not a mad crush for mcd.  it's just people not willing to ***** all over him because he doesn't have a super bowl yet.  he's a good coach who build a good culture.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, teef said:

it's not a mad crush for mcd.  it's just people not willing to ***** all over him because he doesn't have a super bowl yet.  he's a good coach who build a good culture.  

And I agree, thought that culture word and how it was thrown around his first two years did grate on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I never thought he got it. 

He did.  Remember it is the ball not the body and he reached & got it in my opinion. 

 

If there had been a booth review too (last 2 minutes) that would have settled the Bills down regardless.  Lots of factor and I too agree it was the right call to win the game then (like Harbaugh yesterday).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

KC and Tampa I am giving you. TEN was not a bad spot, it was an OL that got blown up. Miami they were in attemptable FG range at least and then the RT got beat and so committed a gratuitous holding penalty. In Jacksonville they gave up a terrible sack. At home to the Patriots Josh got hit on his last two pass attempts as he released the ball. The constant in four of those seven defeats is scrub OLine men getting beat and killing drives. 

 

Correct. And this is a direct result of Beane's decision to prioritize DL over OL, not McDermott's coaching. 13 seconds, OTOH, is on McDermott. He REFUSES to take over the play calling in those situations, and Frazier crapped down his leg.

 

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You used the word "culture".  You don't care, but sure others have found the term "culture" to describe McD "Grating".....   

and why is it grating?  don't you think this team needed a culture change?  do you not remember the ***** show this team was?  whether you or any other posters want to agree with it, mcd is a huge part in changing the mentality of this team. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, teef said:

and why is it grating?  don't you think this team needed a culture change?  do you not remember the ***** how this team was?  whether you or any other posters want to agree with it, mcd is a huge part in changing the mentality of this team. 

Better question:


Why engage with someone who can't be happy after a win?

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again  McD has grown on me (yes I'll keep repeating this line), however like every coach he has his warts.  Great to win a close game after 7 losses where many could be blamed on coaching (in the last two minutes) in that time period.  

 

But this board have too many people with this mad crush on McD that I don't really get.  

What don't you get?  With McD we have:  

 

  • A highly credible voice at the helm
  • Continuous improvement
  • A winning record
  • A great culture
  • Players that are talented, good people, and want to be in Buffalo
  • A legit shot at a SB
Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

What don't you get?  With McD we have:  

 

  • A highly credible voice at the helm
  • Continuous improvement
  • A winning record
  • A great culture
  • Players that are talented, good people, and want to be in Buffalo? 
  • A legit shot at a SB?  


Theres a subset of Bills fans that will never be happy. They’d be calling into GR during the super bowl parade calling for the coaches head because he “wasted” a timeout or something. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Better question:


Why engage with someone who can't be happy after a win?

 

Am I unhappy about the win????  Sure Josh Didn't throw for 300, they didn't win by 10+ and they didn't score a TD the last possession and cover the 3.5 spread.😝

 

Yes I'm very unhappy, thanks for reminding me.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive mentioned this before but when it comes to McD

 

I love him coaching the team, hes a great team leader

 

As for actual game situation and decision making idk if think of him that high.

 

Hes still young in his  head coaching career and I do believe you can gain that with years of experience.


So right now...im meh about him during games but I think he can get better.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...