Josh vs Tua

Billzgobowlin

So national media is pumping up how good Tua has been.  I'm curious is this just hyperbole or is there something to it?  I see Josh Allen being a much better passer as far as accuracy, decision making and arm strength.  I also see him being the more mobile QB.  Help me take off these rose colored glasses if you are seeing something that I am not.  I think the rest of our team even with injures is better maybe except for the speed and ability of their top two wideouts (even then Diggs and Davis can't be much behind).  

Of course Allen is better, if not the best. However, that doesn’t mean Tua hasn’t improved. I think too many here are underestimating the impact of McDaniel who has structured an offense to support Tua. Since they’ve only played 2 games, I’m sure they are getting better as a whole. 
I expect this should be a shoot out that Allen and the Bills win, especially given the injuries on D. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tua has given their fan base a lot of hope.  Looking at their score predictions, they seem to be under the impression that last week was going to be the norm.  95% of the scores are Dolphins between 30-45 points against us.

Tua has improved.  He will hit open WR and fit 5 yard slants into tight windows.  However, his ball on the deep passes still hang in the air for a bit and I think he will struggle in that medium 10-20 throws consistently.  He has weak areas and I don’t think Josh does.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's just the hype of the week, the shiny toy so to say. Tua has 2 years-1 3/4 games looking like an avg to below avg quarterback with limited physical tools. Then all of the sudden an explosive 4 touchdown quarter where you had the ravens rookie dbs looking lost and arguing about who had who in man coverage. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that what people saw in that 4th qtr is catching lightning in a bottle and what could be if the stars align perfectly for a brief moment. But his body of work says he isn't that guy now or in the near future. Could he be good someday, sure with lots of hard work and the good situation he is in now. But it doesn't just happen like that where everything just clicks in an instant and you don't go back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As a overall talent measure, it’s Josh every time, but the game will come down to scheming and execution for both teams, me, the Bills win this and it won’t be a close score in the end, are the fins gonna score points? Yup, we will just score more points, 

Listen- I hope the Phins are impressed enough that they overpay like hell to keep him and are stuck in perpetual wildcard status forever. That team with a QB like Josh would be terrifying considering their weapons they have. Luckily they are depleted of quite a few more draft picks and they spent like hell this off-season so they’re roughly as good as they’re going to get for a little while. 

Tua being mildly successful is not necessarily a bad thing for us. He just needs to be good enough to keep his job. He’s going to have games where he looks great given the weapons he has, but there will be some reality checks mixed in as well. If he struggles against what is essentially a second-string Defense we are fielding tomorrow just imagine what we can do when we aren’t missing 7 starters 

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, TPS said:

Of course Allen is better, if not the best. However, that doesn’t mean Tua hasn’t improved. I think too many here are underestimating the impact of McDaniel who has structured an offense to support Tua. Since they’ve only played 2 games, I’m sure they are getting better as a whole. 
I expect this should be a shoot out that Allen and the Bills win, especially given the injuries on D. 

They are also ignoring Hill and Waddle, who, as a pair, are outstanding. 

They are both in Diggs' class.  Waddle is a superstar in the making.  

Hill is as dangerous an offensive player as there is in this league.

We should still have the advantage, but there seem to be a LOT of people here who haven't figured out that it's not the same old joke of a Dolphins team down in Miami this year.

People seem to forget that teams can get much better--and much worse--in the span of 1 offseason.

• Agree 1

Miami has scored 62 points in 2 games.  7 came from a defensive touchdown and 28 came in the 4th quarter against the Ravens.  So that's 27 points of offensive scoring in 7 quarters.  The Ravens had injuries in their secondary during their game that forced them to play two rookies.  

The Bills will be playing 2 rookies as well but have had time to prepare plus a bunch of reps in training camp and preseason not to mention 2 games that count.  Plus the Bills dline is better than Baltimore's.

Give Tua credit, he connected with Hill twice for long touchdowns and pulled out a win.  Allen is better than Tua in so many ways though and the Bills roster is better than Miami's.  McDaniel looks like he could be a good coach and they may be the Bills main competition going forward but their defense is pretty bad.

Tua has improved.  Better support around him is a big reason why.  Allen is elite and has the ability to make others around him better. 

How many GMs would right now pick Tua over Allen?  Not many is my guess.  

This will be settled on the field.  Miami has the big edge tomorrow with home field and they are catching Buffalo missing many starters on defense and banged up overall.   If Buffalo wins it should temper some of the Tua hype.  If Miami wins, the Tua talk will continue to grow.

Get used to a renewed rivalry.   It will be Buffalo and Miami battling for AFCE dominance once again.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They are also ignoring Hill and Waddle, who, as a pair, are outstanding. 

They are both in Diggs' class.  Waddle is a superstar in the making.  

Hill is as dangerous an offensive player as there is in this league.

We should still have the advantage, but there seem to be a LOT of people here who haven't figured out that it's not the same old joke of a Dolphins team down in Miami this year.

People seem to forget that teams can get much better--and much worse--in the span of 1 offseason.

That’s all true and all. But I believe the Bills won’t let the Dolphins get this big down the field plays. Big plays for the Dolphins will have to come from short throws that generate tons of YAC (which they have the ability to do). We know our offense can move the ball, I also believe the Dolphins even if they move the ball down the field will have sole struggles in the red zone. We build a lead, force them to feel like they need to keep up, and then the game is in our hands. 

Tua has to show he can play 4 quarters of good football and not having to rely on broken coverage for big plays before we can give them the respect to think they will hang with the Bills offense. 

The other thing, our defensive line has been amazing so far to start the year. Tua will get pressured early, it will be interesting to see how handles the pressure throughout the game. Either way, I expect to see a reality check for Tua and the Dolphins, atleast compared to where most media pundits are placing the Dolphins.

I watched the Fins-Ravens game last night and came away decidedly unimpressed by Tua.

He hit a lot of short receivers accurately - yes we all know that he can and will throw lots of balls close to the LOS.  Luckily, our defense knows how to tackle

Intermediate throws for him are a disaster.  He doesn't anticipate well, and doesn't throw guys open or attempt difficult throws.  We're pretty good at defending those

He has guys that can get behind a defense and throw a deep ball.  Something tells me we'll play a lot of deep zone and keep everything in front of us

And lastly, he was pressured very little against the Ravens.  We all know what he looks like under pressure

Bills by a billion

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Tua vs Josh 

Tua is 6 foot ish  Josh is all of 6' 5 244

Tua can't hurdle a guy Josh has hurdle players 😳 

Tua can't throw on the run going to his left over throws or puts the ball at the wrs feet

Josh worked on that and fix the problems. (Tks for the videos Chandler)

In Josh rookie training camp when he threw 💪 his feet were never in the same position and sometimes his right foot would be in front of his left which is really bad for a right handed person. Josh has worked on this.

Tua mechanics are still yucky.

Tua deep ball is a goose flying to Florida 

Josh's deep ball has been worked on by him Lazer to John brown 😳 and know puts air under it for Diggs and Davis to catch ( see last 2 game videos)

Tua does not stiff arm people 

Josh mite 1 or 2 times

Tua has lots of yac

Josh was last in the league 

Edited by scuba guy
Spelling
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.