It’s still early in the season but Bills have #2 Defense and #3 Offense

BuffaloBill

Given how early it is in the season, it’s still a bit premature to put much stock in team statistics.  However, in terms of yards, Bills are #2 D and #3 Offense.  This in spite of starters on both sides of the ball sitting a full Q + in the Titans game.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

It will be interesting to see if the Bills keep this up over the course of the season.  

Miami, according top the stat line will be a true test of the Bills D.  The reality is that injuries will be a true testa of the Bills depth especially at CB as I assume Jackson will not be able to play on Sunday. 

It’s amazing to think the Bills D will only improve as Tre returns to health and form over the latter part of the season.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• BuffaloBill changed the title to It’s still early in the season but Bills have #2 Defense and #3 Offense
16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

To stay on theme, you should have made this title "Is anyone concerned the Bills only have the #2 Defense and #3 Offense?". Clearly McBeane have some work to do.

Well #2 D + #3O means they’re in 5th place overall, right?  That just sucks as we should expect nothing less than #1. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's a little shocking they are not #1 on D allowing only 215 yards a game.

Bills are 2nd in yards to the 49ers and 2nd in scoring to Tampa, but #1 in takeaways. They are 2nd in sacks to Tampa. There are a handful of really good defenses so far after two weeks.  But I think the Bills have played better teams than the 49ers or Buccs, so to me the defensive showing for the Bills has been more impressive.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Bills are 2nd in yards to the 49ers and 2nd in scoring to Tampa, but #1 in takeaways. They are 2nd in sacks to Tampa. There are a handful of really good defenses so far after two weeks.  But I think the Bills have played better teams than the 49ers or Buccs, so to me the defensive showing for the Bills has been more impressive.

They lead in defensive DVOA and Overall DVOA by a pretty wide margin

Stats are nice 

but 

what does this say?

A wannabe MVP 

A never was has been, lucky to be on a SB team. 

Another JAG that won a SB (lucky to be on a SB team like Trent Dilfer)

Josh 👽 Allen QB extraordinaire. 

And another Rising star. 

2 yards and Josh’s would be last. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Bills' offense only played 7 quarters compared to the rest of the League who have played 8.  If we had kept the starting offense in this week in the 4th quarter against the Titans the Bills offense would be first.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Given how early it is in the season, it’s still a bit premature to put much stock in team statistics.  However, in terms of yards, Bills are #2 D and #3 Offense.  This in spite of starters on both sides of the ball sitting a full Q + in the Titans game.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

It will be interesting to see if the Bills keep this up over the course of the season.  

Miami, according top the stat line will be a true test of the Bills D.  The reality is that injuries will be a true testa of the Bills depth especially at CB as I assume Jackson will not be able to play on Sunday. 

It’s amazing to think the Bills D will only improve as Tre returns to health and form over the latter part of the season.  

Stats are way overblown.  Its wins and championships that matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Stats are nice 

but 

what does this say?

A wannabe MVP 

A never was has been, lucky to be on a SB team. 

Another JAG that won a SB (lucky to be on a SB team like Trent Dilfer)

Josh 👽 Allen QB extraordinaire. 

And another Rising star. 

2 yards and Josh’s would be last. 

Broken down by actual quarters played...

Tua - 739/8 = 92 passing yards per quarter.  When you add in his 1 rushing yard, his average moves up to 92 yards per quarter.

Allen - 614/7 = 88 passing yards per quarter  When you add in his 66 rushing yards, his average moves up to 97 yards per quarter.

Allen has produced 5 more yards per quarter of football played.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Bills' offense only played 7 quarters compared to the rest of the League who have played 8.  If we had kept the starting offense in this week in the 4th quarter against the Titans the Bills offense would be first.

damn. I would have to rewrite my last post. 😞 

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Broken down by actual quarters played...

Tua - 739/8 = 92 yards per quarter.  When you add in his 1 rushing yard, his average moves up to 92 yards per quarter.

Allen - 614/7 = 88 yards per quarter  When you add in his 66 rushing yards, his average moves up to 97 yards per quarter.

Allen has produced 5 more yards per quarter of football played.

my point stands 

some stats are useless 

How many games was Tua benched?

How many games was Josh benched?

please 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.