It’s still early in the season but Bills have #2 Defense and #3 Offense

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what is funny about all of those...

Tua - Only has that many yards because he threw 2 pic in the first half and was down 21 points and had to throw practically every play and got a couple long broken coverage freebies.

Wentz - Same scenario, was down and had to keep throwing non stop

Flacco - Same scenario, was down big and had to throw constantly and got over 100 yards extra because Nick Chubb didnt take a knee.  

Herbert - Legit passing yards, but took an extra quarter to get to one yard less than Josh Allen with less TD's.  

Allen got all his yards dominating teams, not playing from behind, and did it 7 quarters instead of 8.  Plus Allen has even more rushing yards to go with that, and did this while missing one of his top weapons one of those games (so did Hebert too).   

If I was to make a top 5 list of people in MVP consideration after week 2, its Allen out in front, followed by Mahomes, Hebert, Lamar, and Diggs as the top 5 guys.  

the only thing that bothers me is that 

No QB that lead the league in passing yards has won a SB. 

(the guy 2nd or 3rd most has) 

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Stats are nice 

but 

what does this say?

A wannabe MVP 

A never was has been, lucky to be on a SB team. 

Another JAG that won a SB (lucky to be on a SB team like Trent Dilfer)

Josh 👽 Allen QB extraordinaire. 

And another Rising star. 

2 yards and Josh’s would be last. 

If you extrapolate YPA and bring Allen even with TUA on attempts, he leads the league in yards. I know, "ifs and buts". 

The most wild stat is that Geno Smith leads the league in completion percentage at 85%. 

59 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

the only thing that bothers me is that 

No QB that lead the league in passing yards has won a SB. 

(the guy 2nd or 3rd most has) 

Well considering Bills are not going to be playing from behind often, and there will be more games where Josh likely leaves early with big leagues, I don't think Josh will lead the league in passing yards.  So that's good news for us then :)

I think the correlation is that guys who throw for that many yards are often not on the best overall teams and find themselves often throwing a lot playing from behind or masking poor defense.  Look at Brees, he threw for 5000+ yards all those times and a lot of times they were a fringe playoff team or not even in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mango said:

If you extrapolate YPA and bring Allen even with TUA on attempts, he leads the league in yards. I know, "ifs and buts". 

The most wild stat is that Geno Smith leads the league in completion percentage at 85%. 

if I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1000 times 

Stats lie. 

meaning they don’t tell the whole truth 

Tyrod also had a great comp % 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

if I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1000 times 

Stats lie. 

meaning they don’t tell the whole truth 

Tyrod also had a great comp % 

I agree...but I would amend it to say, "Not all stats tell the whole story, but people lie."  Stats don't always lie, but can often mislead if full context is not known or understood.  And people will take cherry picked stats without the context to form a false narrative that supports their viewpoint.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree...but I would amend it to say, "Not all stats tell the whole story, but people lie."  Stats don't always lie, but can often mislead if full context is not known or understood.  And people will take cherry picked stats without the context to form a false narrative that supports their viewpoint.  

Years back I was testing cell phones 📱 

I would find 10 different failures under stress testing and no one came to collect the phone for evaluation because it was 1 failure out of 30. 

So I lumped them all together 10 failures out of 30. 

suddenly people came for the phones to investigate 🔬 - these failures became less often. 

then some joker complained I wasn’t being truthful and I had to go back to individuals. 

and the failures were left behind 

The point To garner attention You have to make it look outrageously noticeable 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s shocking to see the lions on that list.

I wasn’t shocked to be honest.  I’ve been telling people Lions could be explosive this year all off season.  I drafted St. Brown in all my leagues.  I wanted Swift, but draft never fell for me in 3 leagues that made that happen, but got St. Brown in all 3.

Side note…in one league I have Kupp, Diggs, and St. Brown who the trio through 3 games has outscored one whole fantasy team and is like within 20 points of 2 other whole fantasy teams hahaha.  Let’s just say I’m comfortably in first place haha.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.