Jump to content

It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!


eball
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

 

I thought he made some good anticipatory short throws to guys who were NFL covered.

 

 

Oh, for sure.  I would like to see time to release stats, but yes the Dolphins were playing the "get the ball out fast" game.

Joe Marino read out his split stats when he releases in 2.5 seconds or less vs. over 2.5 seconds and the splits were very sharp. The numbers are sparkling when it's under 2.5 and I believe it was worst in the NFL when over 2.5 seconds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, my 19yo son just dredged out a 12 year old Facebook post where I promised to rock Bills Zubaz in public if the BIlls ever had a winning season again. Since that was the 7-9 Dick Jauron era, it seemed like a safe bet. Well, since he brought it to my attention I feel obligated to live up to my word. I just ordered us both pairs of the 'boz and an Allen jersey for myself. This is the first football jersey that I have ever bought. So, I need the that foolproof TBD advice; should I rock that new gear on Sunday or wait for a loss?

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

So, my 19yo son just dredged out a 12 year old Facebook post where I promised to rock Bills Zubaz in public if the BIlls ever had a winning season again. Since that was the 7-9 Dick Jauron era, it seemed like a safe bet. Well, since he brought it to my attention I feel obligated to live up to my word. I just ordered us both pairs of the 'boz and an Allen jersey for myself. This is the first football jersey that I have ever bought. So, I need the that foolproof TBD advice; should I rock that new gear on Sunday or wait for a loss?

 

Hmm...that is a tough call...this year you could be waiting a very long time haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Process said:

I expect (hope) that list will look a lot better tomorrow. Hopefully Jackson and Phillips are the only guys we are missing on Sunday. 

Here it is with the guys we know should be good for Sunday removed. Looks better without as many names lol.

 

 

20220921_153919~2.jpg

 

But now I have Wite-Out on my screen.  Thanks a lot, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wjag said:

 

Giving the guy credit is an anathema to many on this board and theirs apparently.  I went and compared the passing charts of Josh and Tua in weeks 1 and 2.  They look pretty darn similar.  Josh was completing the bulk of his passes in the 5-15 yards range.  Tua as well. And then I looked at Mahomes.  Same thing.   If Tua wasn't being discussed it would be said that Josh is playing with patience and taking what the defense is giving him, ala Brady.  But somehow on this board Tua playing very much the same type of game is mocked for throwing under the coverage.   Looking at the passes Tua threw in the 4th Qtr against Baltimore showed he can throw downfield with touch and distance.  The one TD was a 50+ air yard bomb on target.  It matters not that there were blown coverages in Baltimore.  Tua saw it, his receivers made it so and he put the ball on target 4 times.  If Josh did that we would be celebrating.  Tua clearly has the arm strength to throw it 50 yards.  In this NFL, that's all you need.  Is his arm as strong as others? Probably not.  It's arm and decision making and location that matter.  No one judges how pretty a TD pass is.  It's a TD pass.  Overthrown, underthrown, tipped, great one-handed catch, miraculous toe tap.  Matters not.  A TD is a TD.

 

The great thing about this week is with all the huffing and puffing from both fan bases aside, they get to play H2H.  We will know if the passing stats below will hold up.

 

Interesting Passing Stats:  Pretty darn even

 

TDs: Josh-7, Tua-7

Ints: Josh-2, Tua-2

Yards: Josh-614, Tua-739

Rating: Josh-123.7, Tua-116.5 

Comp%: Josh-75.4%, Tua-71.1%

 

Since Josh got pulled before the 3rd quarter was over, I think we should remove Tua's 4th quarter stats to see how they stack up with equal playing time!

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching some of the coverage on Miami kinda pisses me off.

 

We struggle for respect after turning things around, essentially regularly making the playoffs during the Mc D era, winning , yes being usually flawed, but often facing a sea of haters or doubt. 

 

Now maybe for the last year we get more love, but that year after the Texans it still took a long time to convince people we were good, and even now folks still talk about that year we played the Texans as some sort of 'bad' season for Josh. 

 

I just feel people are too spring loaded to buy into this phins team.

 

Tua looks bad for 2 years, has an AVG game versus a weak Pats team and 1 sick half versus the Ravens and suddenly they are the golden era 49ers. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

Well Miami is hitting us at the right time.  Fully healthy I dont think Miami would stand a chance.  With these injuries I think this game is going to be tough.

 

Didn't they lose a starting guard to IR?

 

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

 

Since Josh got pulled before the 3rd quarter was over, I think we should remove Tua's 4th quarter stats to see how they stack up with equal playing time!

 

Yeah I thought of that imbalance.  Nothing you can do about it.  It might have leveled up the yards and leveled down the QBR and completion percentage.  Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

Watching some of the coverage on Miami kinda pisses me off.

 

We struggle for respect after turning things around, essentially regularly making the playoffs during the Mc D era, winning , yes being usually flawed, but often facing a sea of haters or doubt. 

 

Now maybe for the last year we get more love, but that year after the Texans it still took a long time to convince people we were good, and even now folks still talk about that year we played the Texans as some sort of 'bad' season for Josh. 

 

I just feel people are too spring loaded to buy into this phins team.

 

Tua looks bad for 2 years, has an AVG game versus a weak Pats team and 1 sick half versus the Ravens and suddenly they are the golden era 49ers. 

 

 

 

 

Tua was really good in college, and that matters a lot to people. Everyone said that he was a sure thing, and they are dying to be right about a pre-draft take for once. It's also one of the most compelling games of the week and they are trying to generate interest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wjag said:

 

Didn't they lose a starting guard to IR?

 

They have one starting OT on IR until week 6 (Austin Jackson) and their other tackle (Terron Armstead) is questionable.  CB Byron Jones is on the PUP and Xavien Howard is questionable.    

 

For some reason the miami injury report shows nothing but Bills players.

 

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report/

 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

 

Didn't they lose a starting guard to IR?

 

 

Yeah I thought of that imbalance.  Nothing you can do about it.  It might have leveled up the yards and leveled down the QBR and completion percentage.  Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

 

Dunno.  I dont really follow them all that much.  Back in the day I use to follow like every team.  Now I just care about the Bills.  I'll watch other teams but dont really follow whats going on with their roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

Well Miami is hitting us at the right time.  Fully healthy I dont think Miami would stand a chance.  With these injuries I think this game is going to be tough.

 

I remember a Bills team that rolled into the 1992 AFC Championship Game down in Miami that was kinda banged up too...

 

https://youtu.be/LKyJO9skGcw

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...