Power Ranking Day!

elijah

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Over the past few years, Tuesday after game day has become so fulfilling. Seeing the Bills continuously nab a top 10 spot and finally getting the national recognition we were devoid of for 2 decades. 

I figured this week there’d be a plethora of number 1 rankings, probably more so than ever before, so figured I’d put together a thread of it! Enjoy 🍻 

“I don’t care about the power rankings, footballs played on the field not paper.”

Alright grumpy, relax a little, this seasons clearly going to be quite a ride. Enjoy the hype as the consensus number one team in the league while you can, this team isn’t going to last forever. 

What is better than getting that national attention is the fact the Bills have a team that is actually worthy of that top spot.  This team is that good and its going to be that good for a long time.  We are contenders whether the people like FilthyBeast want to deny that or not.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Miami is the new shiny bandwagon.  Every year has to have a new team to gush on, and Miami was an attractive choice after preseason hype and spanking the Pats.  We'll see how long the shine lasts.

Remember, it's all about clicks and narratives.

Somebody always trying to hype up Miami every year.  Every year they are nothing but a middling team.  Limit the YAC of Miami and thats it.  Tua doesnt have the arm to out duel anyone.  He easily gets rattled when pressured and he is frail.

56 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

We don’t need to get salty about Patrick Mahomes’ stats and how he achieves them. Who really cares? I think we all can recognize that there are two top dog quarterbacks in this league and Mahomes joins our guy Allen in that stratosphere. It’s quite obvious that the Chiefs are going to be elite again. But, to be the man you’ve got to beat the man. Our boys are obviously up for the challenge. Really looking forward to the next 21 weeks of football!

Yeah, I dont care how Allen gets it in the endzone.  Just get the TD.  Run it, throw it, pitch it, toss it... who cares lol.  Just get the 6 points!

1 hour ago, uninja said:

wouldn’t this mean that every pass thrown by a QB would be a forward lateral? Or do you mean the catch is caught behind the LOS?

Yes I meant the process of the completion, aka caught behind LOS. The majority of pass plays are from shotgun I'd say so QB is already 5 yards back so you have to throw it at least 5 yards just to get into positive yards. I think anything short of that should be considered a "pitch" or "toss" rather than a pass

59 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Should these be treated like a pitch play, if it hits the ground behind the LOS, its a live ball.

I think that would be an interesting rule. It would definitely make teams throw it down the field more so as to not "fumble" the short incomplete pass and it would take away that stupid underhand toss that the Chiefs like to do

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

They should change the rules on that imo. If the "pass" happens behind the line of scrimmage then it should be classified as a forward lateral, should not count in passing stats

While we’re asking for rule changes can we petition to have Josh’s first int go down as a fumble for McKenzie. Seems like that would accurately reflect what happened

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I would still put Chiefs #1 over the Bills for now.

They just look insanely good on both sides of the ball which says a lot in light of what the Bills did respectively.

I think the Bills and Chiefs are 1A and 1B in which ever order you'd like. Looking at yardage and points, very similar levels of domination by both teams. They have separated themselves as the class of the NFL. 

If I were to put the Bills No. 1, it's because I don't think Arizona is a good team, which was reflected in them being a 6 point dog to the Chiefs at home.  They've been trending poorly since the second half of 2021 and they are without Hopkins.  But still a dominant road win by the Chiefs and they answered the post-Tyreek question emphatically. 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I think the Bills and Chiefs are 1A and 1B in which ever order you'd like. Looking at yardage and points, very similar levels of domination by both teams. They have separated themselves as the class of the NFL. 

If I were to put the Bills No. 1, it's because I don't think Arizona is a good team, which was reflected in them being a 6 point dog to the Chiefs at home.  They've been trending poorly since the second half of 2021 and they are without Hopkins.  But still a dominant road win by the Chiefs and they answered the post-Tyreek question emphatically. 

My hope is that the Rams actually are a really good team and the Cardinals not so much, because if it's reverse it's a somewhat ominous sign IMO in terms of the Bills long term outlook for this season if the Rams are trash and Cardinals actually good.

Regardless once again an early season showdown between Chiefs/Bills will be must see football.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

My hope is that the Rams actually are a really good team and the Cardinals not so much, because if it's reverse it's a somewhat ominous sign IMO in terms of the Bills long term outlook for this season if the Rams are trash and Cardinals actually good.

Regardless once again an early season showdown between Chiefs/Bills will be must see football.

I think that Rams team is a definite notch lower than the one from last season that won the Super Bowl.

The O-line is definitely weaker.

The weapons are weaker too:

Kupp is a stud - can he do it alone?

Robert Woods - missed second half of season with ACL, but is a terrific #2 when healthy - He is gone

Odell - came on big for LA as a Woods Replacement and through the playoffs - he is gone

Van Jefferson - young guy who developed nicely in yr 2 (50-800-6) - was injured Thursday

Tutu Atwell - has not yet been productive for the Rams as a next guy up

Woods and Beckahm were replaced by Allen Robinson - who was Missing in Action Thursday.

Rams will need Van Jefferson and Atwell to pick up some slack for that offense.

Achilles injury is rearing its ugly head for Akers.

Miller looks to be > than Bobby Wagner at this point.

Rams are still solid, but not quite the caliber of team they were last season.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think that Rams team is a definite notch lower than the one from last season that won the Super Bowl.

The O-line is definitely weaker.

The weapons are weaker too:

Kupp is a stud - can he do it alone?

Robert Woods - missed second half of season with ACL, but is a terrific #2 when healthy - He is gone

Odell - came on big for LA as a Woods Replacement and through the playoffs - he is gone

Van Jefferson - young guy who developed nicely in yr 2 (50-800-6) - was injured Thursday

Tutu Atwell - has not yet been productive for the Rams as a next guy up

Woods and Beckahm were replaced by Allen Robinson - who was Missing in Action Thursday.

Rams will need Van Jefferson and Atwell to pick up some slack for that offense.

Achilles injury is rearing its ugly head for Akers.

Miller looks to be > than Bobby Wagner at this point.

Rams are still solid, but not quite the caliber of team they were last season.

I still think the Rams defense the Bills faced on Thursday is miles better than what the Cards trotted out on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

1. Chiefs

2. Bucs

3. Bills

4. Vikings

5. Chargers

6. Ravens

7. Dolphins

8. Eagles

9. Saints

10. Steelers

11. Bengals

12. Rams

13. Commanders

14. Packers

15. Giants

16. Titans

17. Colts

18. Browns

19. Raiders

20. Seahawks

21. Broncos

22. Bears

23. Texans

24. Falcons

25. Lions

26. 49ers

27. Panthers

28. Patriots

29. Cardinals

30. Jaguars

31. Jets

32. Cowboys

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jesus dude.  It doesnt matter if the Rams are great or terrible.  In both cases the Bills still destroyed them.  Whether they are good or bad its not an "ominous sign" about anything regarding the Bills.  Zero, zilch, nada.  If we won by 3 points and the Rams end up being the worst team in the league then you might be on to something.  We won by 21 points jack ass.

From the Athletic:

1. Buffalo Bills (1-0) 

Everything went as designed for the Bills in the opener after the first-half turnovers. Josh Allen looked like one of the two or three best quarterbacks in the league, while Gabriel Davis and Stefon Diggs complemented each other perfectly. The defense delivered the ideal recipe for every non-Wink Martindale defensive coordinator by creating pressure with a four-man rush — seven sacks with no blitzes is almost too good to be true. Isaiah McKenzie even provided the sweetest moment of the week. The vibes are strong.

https://theathletic.com/3583597/2022/09/13/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-2/?redirected=1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Jesus dude.  It doesnt matter if the Rams are great or terrible.  In both cases the Bills still destroyed them.  Whether they are good or bad its not an "ominous sign" about anything regarding the Bills.  Zero, zilch, nada.  If we won by 3 points and the Rams end up being the worst team in the league then you might be on to something.  We won by 21 points jack ass.

Fella is a troll. He's just here to share his "ominous vibe." Folks who reply to him as if he were a real fan with serious observations aren't paying attention or don't mind playing along with someone who finds it gratifying to propose negative outcomes, no matter how dubious the reasoning.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Fella is a troll. He's just here to share his "ominous vibe." Folks who reply to him as if he were a real fan with serious observations aren't paying attention or don't mind playing along with someone who finds it gratifying to propose negative outcomes, no matter how dubious the reasoning.

Oh I know bro.  I'm still going to call them out.  I been online with a computer since commodore 64 and there wasnt even internet back then.  I know a troll when I see one haha.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.