Rolling blackouts imminent for the People's Republic of California

Big Blitz

The California grid is only overworked because leftist politicians have been pushing toward energy policies that make zero sense for decades.

Shut down nuclear plants? Check.

Push solar and wind infrastructure that can’t sustain diddly squat in order to appear hip and cool? Check.

Disincentivize the repair of aging power lines that tends to fail or spark and cause hundreds of wildfires by pushing companies to invest in green energy instead of maintaining current infrastructure? Check.

The California energy problem is man-made. It has nothing to do with climate change.

But it does have much to do with “California’s Potemkin Environmentalism:”

https://notthebee.com/article/look-at-this-headline-

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

The California grid is only overworked because leftist politicians have been pushing toward energy policies that make zero sense for decades.

Shut down nuclear plants? Check.

Push solar and wind infrastructure that can’t sustain diddly squat in order to appear hip and cool? Check.

Disincentivize the repair of aging power lines that tends to fail or spark and cause hundreds of wildfires by pushing companies to invest in green energy instead of maintaining current infrastructure? Check.

The California energy problem is man-made. It has nothing to do with climate change.

But it does have much to do with “California’s Potemkin Environmentalism:”

https://notthebee.com/article/look-at-this-headline-

Energy correspondent on Bloomberg surveillance said literally the same this morning to Tom Keene. Effectively all the regulation and moves towards economically unviable and un scalable green energy coupled with failure to maintain existing infrastructure is a mess decades in the making. Other specifics include woeful lack of solar farm battery capacity to support peak demand when the sun isn’t shining.

You know what they say; the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Global warming 

BS. I lived there from 1995-2014. It has been  this hot before. About 15 years ago, where I lived (SF Bay area) got up to 117. It got to 118 Monday and Tuesday. I remember bailing going to the county fair another year because it was 110. Several times the sky right at the bay was dark with the heavy smoke from the  inland wildfires.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Global warming 

It's actually been a cooler summer here in the desert this year.  Too many ***** people with an infrastructure that has not been updated to take all the people.   Wait until they force what kind of car we have to drive.  They've got 13 years to update it and I'm not holding my breath that they will.  Hell it took them over 10 years to redo the eastern span of the Bay Bridge.  

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Meanwhile- new laws to establish $22/hr minimum wage for fast food workers on the table. Why not $100/hr? 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/california-fast-food-wage-law-could-be-overturned-by-proposed-ballot-measure-11662570260?st=86scszqdp2qen05&reflink=article_copyURL_share

My question was why only fast food?  They first have to define what is fast food?  What if I work at a Michelin Stared restaurant but I can get that Seared Wagu filet mignon with foie gras, fingerling potatoes and a Marchand du vin sauce out lickety split can I get $22 an hour?  

If I’m in retail I’m pissed.   Are you required to be a total fool to get into politics?  

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My question was why only fast food?  They first have to define what is fast food?  What if I work at a Michelin Stared restaurant but I can get that Seared Wagu filet mignon with foie gras, fingerling potatoes and a Marchand du vin sauce out lickety split can I get $22 an hour?  

If I’m in retail I’m pissed.   Are you required to be a total fool to get into politics?  

That Tesla and gasoline powered charger isn’t going to guy itself! 

fois gras??? Didn’t they ban that in ca too? 

The smarter ones get into politics, the fools are the ones subjected to their rule. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That Tesla and gasoline powered charger isn’t going to guy itself! 

fois gras??? Didn’t they ban that in ca too? 

The smarter ones get into politics, the fools are the ones subjected to their rule. 

When they ban foie gras only criminal Chefs will have foie gras. 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:20 PM, Big Blitz said:

Bring on the electric cars we can handle it !

This goes along with Newsome giving out $1400 checks to every one that owns a gas powered vehicle then adds a three cent a gallon tax to the gas then thinking of or passing a law that they will not allow the sales of gas powered vehicles by the yr 2035 .

This is what they do they always put the cart before the horse no plan moving forward just blindly leap into the abyss with no fore thought we will just throw a bunch of money at it or pass other laws that make little to no sense but hey it sounds good let's go for it !! 

Joe should have picked Newsome for his running mate twiddle dum & twiddle dee or dum & dumber not sure which fits best ...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

This goes along with Newsome giving out $1400 checks to every one that owns a gas powered vehicle then adds a three cent a gallon tax to the gas then thinking of or passing a law that they will not allow the sales of gas powered vehicles by the yr 2035 .

This is what they do they always put the cart before the horse no plan moving forward just blindly leap into the abyss with no fore thought we will just throw a bunch of money at it or pass other laws that make little to no sense but hey it sounds good let's go for it !! 

Joe should have picked Newsome for his running mate twiddle dum & twiddle dee or dum & dumber not sure which fits best ...

To be fair the gas tax increase was an automatic thing which Newsom was against.  Now, did he or anyone else do anything about it other than “here have some money?”   No. 

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

asdf.thumb.JPG.cad24d4182ae358c7932805ecc4b9732.JPG

Give them welfare 

Give them phones 

Give them internet

Give them free health care 

Pay for their schooling 

Give those from other countries free access to the US & pay for it = the buying of democratic votes and their agenda  !! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, T master said:

Give them welfare 

Give them phones 

Give them internet

Pay for their schooling 

Give those from other countries free access to the US & pay for it = the buying of democratic votes and their agenda  !! 

If you’ll notice…Billstime’s solution to everything is to add or expand another bloated government program. Easy peasy! Just throw another trillion on the pile. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, T master said:

Newsome is destroying California. The rest of the country doesn't need or want him.  DeSantis in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, T master said:

Give them welfare 

Give them phones 

Give them internet

Pay for their schooling 

awe the millionaire for billionaires are thankful for your unwavering support

image.thumb.jpeg.e2eb17a3f3af8627bead80404198c116.jpeg

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you’ll notice…Billstime’s solution to everything is to add or expand another bloated government program. Easy peasy! Just throw another trillion on the pile. 

yea bro - let’s cry about raising the min wage and forcing Corporate America pay while they receive bailouts, loan forgiveness and pay no taxes.

Millionaires for billionaires can’t survive without you. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s because between 4pm and 10pm (used to be 9pm) California turns into a third world country.  Do you think this is a good thing?  

It was pretty 3rd world in Hermosa Beach yesterday evening.

Just now, BillStime said:

yea bro - let’s cry about raising the min wage and forcing Corporate America pay while they receive bailouts, loan forgiveness and pay no taxes.

Millionaires for billionaires can’t survive without you. 

What is one of the reasons for inflation which is now economic enemy #1?  

I’ll give you a hint. It’s something you’re rooting for in this thread. 😏

Just now, 716er said:

It was pretty 3rd world in Hermosa Beach yesterday evening.

Hope you weren’t using any electricity between 4 and 10. 😏

• Like (+1) 1