Bills cuts

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I wonder what Naaman Roosevelt, Kwame Cavil and Avion Black are up to these days? 

It wasn’t long ago that people were obsessively outraged (on Christmas Eve!) that the Bills cut Kumerow. Now he’s nothing but a whipping boy, sad!

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills have fielded the #1 offense in the AFC 2 years in a row 

But we would be better with these fringe guys who would never see the field 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Isaiah Hodgins and was really hoping he makes the cut.  When we originally drafted him, I had him rated higher than G. Davis. Big boy with solid hands.

Go Bills!!!!!

I don't think you're in the minority.

A lot here like him, myself included.

His problem continues to be one that plagues a lot of depth WRs in the NFL: he doesn't play special teams.

It is CRITICAL that WR5-WR7 be able to contribute on special teams, and Hodgins really doesn't. Unless and until he can change that, he's going to have a problem sticking on NFL rosters.

Here's hoping they get him through to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Isaiah Hodgins and was really hoping he makes the cut.  When we originally drafted him, I had him rated higher than G. Davis. Big boy with solid hands.

Go Bills!!!!!

Davis brings a physical presence, not only in the passing game but as a blocking WR as well. Hodgins? Not so much....

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wasn’t long ago that people were obsessively outraged (on Christmas Eve!) that the Bills cut Kumerow. Now he’s nothing but a whipping boy, sad!

what's Christmas eve got to do with it?  He's not elite.  This is an elite team.  Character + elite ability.  nothing less unless necessary.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The Hodgins stuff is out of control.  He is measly averaging under 9 yards per catch through 3 games...while leading team in targets and catches and facing backups and guys about ready to apply at Best Buy for holiday season work.  

I like him, root for him, but he hasn't done so much at WR on the field that he has made himself uncuttable.  He needs to contribute and be good on ST or he isn't making this team.  

Like like you said, this is a very good roster, it will not be easy to make this roster across the board.  

Geez Alpha.  Some fans liked his play.  I think he has a chance to get to the PS and keep improving.

FTR, Kumerow (his competition) had 10 yards per catch against the same guys and he fumbled.

Keenum and Barkley were throwing not Josh.

It looks like Kumerow gets the nod and I hope he can have a better than 43% catch % if he is needed at WR again.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Are you counting the space we need to add a punter ?

We will not add a punter till Wednesday and may sign 1-2 to the PS and use a call up instead of an active roster spot until they settle everything.

No need to rush to sign a punter.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

I know there is a reason for this but can't remember what it is. In this example why don't they just put him on IR today and than not have to cut the K?

If they put him on IR before the cut down deadline he's on IR all season, this way they can bring him back mid season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

We will not add a punter till Wednesday and may sign 1-2 to the PS and use a call up instead of an active roster spot until they settle everything.

No need to rush to sign a punter.

Exactly. If there's a punter out there they really want, they can work the deal now and sign the papers later.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Are you counting the space we need to add a punter ?

Yes, started with 79 - 53 = cut 26

In reality, the situation is more complex as we may well cut a veteran or 2 so we can carry Stevenson and maybe Doyle or Morris onto the 53 man roster, then place them on in-season IR where they can return.

I also didn't account for Tre White who is currently on PUP and may well be added to PUP/reserve which is now the same as in-season IR except there's no need to play cut/re-sign games to get him there.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Go Bills!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't think you're in the minority.

A lot here like him, myself included.

His problem continues to be one that plagues a lot of depth WRs in the NFL: he doesn't play special teams.

It is CRITICAL that WR5-WR7 be able to contribute on special teams, and Hodgins really doesn't. Unless and until he can change that, he's going to have a problem sticking on NFL rosters.

Here's hoping they get him through to the practice squad.

It also plagues him that he has no footspeed and no ability to separate.

Every catch is a contested catch and that just is not worth the roster spot if he can not contribute elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

And coaching staff… but your missing the point, they were in KC because their offense faltered for several games in the regular season… if that games in Buffalo I suspect the Bills win.

That point is moot, it was the defense that failed us not the offense, having home field is not a guarantee of a win. 

Just now, NickelCity said:

Keep Mancz and add Lindstrom.

Gotta drop another then on the OL. I would be for it either way. As I look at the league wide cuts his is the first name I seriously said yes I will take him. 

times have changed when in years past I could name 10 cuts that could be important players for the Bills that year. 

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

It also plagues him that he has no footspeed and no ability to separate.

Every catch is a contested catch and that just is not worth the roster spot if he can not contribute elsewhere.

Right.  He has contested catches when going against the 2s and 3s.  Which means he has PD/incompletions against the 1s.

He's improving.  Last season he couldn't release off the line and wasn't physical enough.  More physical and much better release this season.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.