G - Saffold, Bates, Hart, Van Roten

C - Morse

DE - Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson

DT - Oliver, Jones, Settle, Phillips

LB - Edmunds, Milano, Dodson, Bernard, Matakevich, Spector

CB - Jackson, Johnson, Elam, Benford, Neal, Lewis

S - Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Hamlin

ST - Ferguson, Bass, Araiza

I'd be so surprised if Sweeney makes roster. 

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… I disagree. TE, and WR depth in particular…. And Bobby Hart most likely making the team tells you all you need to know 

“All we need to know” again, incorrect. 

The offense is up to its armpits in pass catchers/weapons, what are you not getting about how the offense is being constructed, and likely used? 

The entire league has a dearth of high quality O linemen, it’s nothing new, it’s been this way for a decade and more, why knowing this do you continue to insist that it is otherwise?

No teams 4th, thru 7th WR is as good as the top three WRs, just stop already. 

nuthin but luv, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

I see on the Bills site depth chart, that they have Rousseau and Von as starters at Edge.  I thought that they were both better at rushing from the left side across from the RT.

i got a weird feeling that they may move Shaq. He's been on the field for a suspicious amount of time. I know the reporters have been praising him right along, but as an end he doesn't get home. Personally, I'd play him inside one of the ends like we did with Lorax. I have nothing against the guy, do they keep 5 ends?

Do they think they can protect Love on the P.S.? I can def. see them keeping an extra DT. Bryant

Edited by nosejob

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Prioritize way too much to guys who add NOTHING at other units. 

Special teams might of cost us a Superbowl championship on music city miracle.  And Beane prioritizes special teams.  Who should I listen to?  You or Brandon?

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd be so surprised if Sweeney makes roster. 

Id be more surprised if OJ made roster.  Sweeney plays Special teams.  Howard has never played special teams.  He is a supposed play maker.  Well OJ couldn't produce in 4th quarter against Carolina 4th string.  I witnessed a nice Sweeney catch.  Sweeney making plays,  not the "playmaker TE"

2 hours ago, hemma said:

I wonder if Bernard deliberately gained some weight.

Sure doesn’t look like he’ll run anybody down.

I don’t think he’s a burner in that sense.  

His speed is more about burst and shooting gaps. 

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

QB - Allen, Keenum

RB - Singletary, Moss, Cook, Jones

FB - Gilliam

WR - Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Kumerow

TE - Knox, Howard, Sweeney, Morris

OT - Dawkins, Quessenberry, Brown

G - Saffold, Bates, Hart, Van Roten

C - Morse

DE - Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson

DT - Oliver, Jones, Settle, Phillips

LB - Edmunds, Milano, Dodson, Bernard, Matakevich, Spector

CB - Jackson, Johnson, Elam, Benford, Neal, Lewis

S - Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Hamlin

ST - Ferguson, Bass, Araiza

You missed Mancz. He is defo making it.

Personally I don't expect Tre to go to PUP so I'd say White for Lewis, Sweeney or Spector, Mancz for Van Roten or Hart and then the punter spot will definitely be a person but probably not Araiza. 

Other than that I am with you.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

I don’t think he’s a burner in that sense.  

His speed is more about burst and shooting gaps. 

He was having a tough time being within shouting distance when he was in coverage.

I just had thought his foot speed was better than what I saw last night.

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn’t anyone notice that OJ Howard often lined up outwide and looked fast running routes? He is a big target for the red zone. I would not cut him.

Knox

Howard

Morris

Sweeney can be traded to NYG for a 7th or be PS

I really wanted Howard to succeed when he was signed but I just don't see it the way you do.  I tried watching the TE battle all preseason

and watched a lot of them when I rewatched the game today.  Howard just isn't getting any separation and his blocking is average at best.

I don't have the TE snap count for the preseason totals, but I would guess OJ leads.  He had only 3 catches for 16 yards in the 3 games.

46 minutes ago, hemma said:

He was having a tough time being within shouting distance when he was in coverage.

I just had thought his foot speed was better than what I saw last night.

I agree I thought he moved better. For a third round pick he better offer alot of instinct because he's small and slow.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Obviously they have a strong starting unit… my issue is depth. Bobby Hart is possible first off the bench in the event of an injury…. Their TE depth is trash with Howard and Sweeney and if Diggs or Davis get hurt you have Jake Kumerow…. Not good, JMO.

32 teams have in essence, crap for depth, with few exceptions, and then only in a noticeable minority of positions, it’s a league wide thing, there’s nothing  out of the ordinary going on with the Bills team that isn’t happening on every other team, it’s not even worth bring up as a discussion, because everyone already knows the deal.

Go Bills!!!

Joe Buscaglia's 53 man

https://theathletic.com/3541750/2022/08/27/bills-53-final-roster-projection/?source=emp_shared_article

A few surprises:

-Hodgins gets cut in favor of Kumerow, Stevenson to IR

-we keep 4 TE (he thinks Sweeney and Morris would be poached on PS and we won't cut Howard)

-Van Roten over Mancz, Doyle to IR

Often the cuts come out in slowly couple at a time.  My prediction is TE may be one of the last ones you hear of as may work the phones till the 11th hour to try and trade Howard.  But once you're to the 11th hour other teams know go chance he's going to be cut anyway.  Think there's a little more uncertainty only because it will cost about the same to cut or keep.  Morris has out played Sweeney IMO, so I think it's going to be Knox, Morris and Howard or Sweeney.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wait so every teams depth is the same?

Why would you say that? Go back and read it again, all 32 team have backups that aren’t good enough to be starters, “with minor exceptions”, relevant to a given position group, it’s not hard to wrap one’s mind around. I did not say they were the “same”. 

To help you along, one team may have better depth at RB, another team may have better depth at right tackle, No team has better depth across an entire roster as compared to another team, are you getting it now? Everyone realizes this as the fact it is, and it honestly doesn’t bear much discussion, if any at all. It is invariably a step down in performance when a backup has to play, with minor exception league wide, Capice? 

Go Bills!!!

Allen, Keenum 

Singletary, Moss, Cook*, Jones

Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakira, Crowder, Hodgins 

Knox, Morris, Sweeney 

Dawkins, Saffold, Morse, Bates, Brown, quessenberry, Doyle, mancz, Van Roten, Tenuta*

Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson

Oliver, Settle, Phillips, Jones

Edmunds, Milano, Dodson,  Bernard*, Spector*

Elam, Jackson, Johnson, Benford, Lewis, Neal

Hyde, Poyer, J. Johnson, Hamlin

Bass, bojorquez, Ferguson

Matakevich restructure/ cut but resigned and Tenuta to dfr

Jones and Ferguson could be cut to dfr a couple other player for depth purposes 

Offense: 25

QB:  Allen, Keenum 

RB:  Singletary, Moss, Cook, Jones, Gilliam

WR:  Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir, Crowder, Hodgins

TE:  Knox, Morris, Sweeney 

OL:  Dawkins, Saffold, Morse, Bates, Brown, Quessenberry, Doyle, Mancz, Van Roten

Defense: 25

DE:  Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson

DT:  Oliver, Jones, Settle, Phillips

LB:  Edmunds, Milano, Dodson, Bernard, Matakevich, Spector*

CB:  Elam, Jackson, Johnson, Benford, Neal, Lewis*(cut if Tre can play before week 4)

S:  Hyde, Poyer, J. Johnson, Hamlin

ST:

K:  Bass

P:  TBD

LS:  Ferguson

PUP:  White, Boettger (When Tre comes back Lewis cut) (Ike stays on IR all year unless Von Rotten plays bad)

IR:  Stevenson (stays all year unless injuries to WRs)

Commish/Reserve:  Smith (When Smith returns Spector cut)

Bryant and McCloud claimed off waivers

Duke Johnson, Bobby Hart signed as FAs in the first few weeks

Edited by ColoradoBills

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Offense: 25

QB:  Allen, Keenum 

RB:  Singletary, Moss, Cook, Jones

WR:  Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir, Crowder, Hodgins, Kumerow 

TE:  Knox, Morris, Sweeney 

OL:  Dawkins, Saffold, Morse, Bates, Brown, Quessenberry, Doyle, Mancz, Van Roten

Defense: 25

DE:  Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson

DT:  Oliver, Jones, Settle, Phillips

LB:  Edmunds, Milano, Dodson, Bernard, Matakevich, Spector*

CB:  Elam, Jackson, Johnson, Benford, Neal, Lewis*(cut if Tre can play before week 4)

S:  Hyde, Poyer, J. Johnson, Hamlin

ST:

K:  Bass

P:  TBD

LS:  Ferguson

PUP:  White, Boettger (When Tre comes back Lewis cut) (Ike stays on IR all year unless Von Rotten plays bad)

IR:  Stevenson (stays all year unless injuries to WRs)

Commish/Reserve:  Smith (When Smith returns Spector cut)

Bryant and McCloud claimed off waivers

Duke Johnson, Bobby Hart signed as FAs in the first few weeks

We only have two disagreements.  I think Howard makes it at TE, as Sweeney is JAG.  On D, Tre White on final 53, if put on PUP, he can’t practice until removed.  So I put Tre on 53 and make him a Gameday inactive until he is ready.

Bills may have deal in place with Taiwon Jones to cut as since he is vested vet, not eligible for waivers so Bills can sneak a guy thru to roster, then move to practice squad so Jones is brought back.  Don’t see Kummerow making it if White is not good to go as Bills may keep Lewis or McCloud

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, marck said:

We only have two disagreements.  I think Howard makes it at TE, as Sweeney is JAG.  On D, Tre White on final 53, if put on PUP, he can’t practice until removed.  So I put Tre on 53 and make him a Gameday inactive until he is ready.

Bills may have deal in place with Taiwon Jones to cut as since he is vested vet, not eligible for waivers so Bills can sneak a guy thru to roster, then move to practice squad so Jones is brought back.  Don’t see Kummerow making it if White is not good to go as Bills may keep Lewis or McCloud

I agree with all your alternatives.

I would never say Howard was a cut until the Panthers game.  I watched him a lot and wasn't impressed.  OJ being cut is my biggest shocker.

Agree about Sweeney for the most part and IF they cut/traded OJ they probably would keep Sweeney.

We fans don't know Tre's schedule, so I gave it both ways.

McCloud is someone I wish they could keep because he could get claimed if waived.  They may keep him if Poyer's future is murky.

Kumerow's ST worth could easily be made up by McCloud IMO.

Truthfully, my roster is what I think will happen.  Your points are more what I hope happens. 

28 minutes ago, marck said:

I made a huge error in forgetting Gilliam on my roster.  I edited it.  It just has to Kumerow who is gone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.