Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

I said it about 40 pages back but I do think this singular thread may be a disservice to the topic. Updates and facts get buried. It creates a weird vacuum here. Either having the first post as a news update post, and mods pinning a post with real news that is updated periodically may be helpful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Huh.  I actually expected Araiza to get cut today after not dressing yesterday.  Maybe the Bills are sticking with him after all.

I expect he'll be cut with the rest on Tuesday, if at all.

Firstly, it means it won't get as much focus as if they did it today, tomorrow or Monday as everyone will be declaring their rosters; secondly it gives three days to run further checks and assess the situation as it stands.

Edited by UKBillFan

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

There's not much about their response thus far that lends me to believe they had a plan. To call it disjointed is being generous at this point. 

Please realize that they don’t just look into the 6-8 players they draft every year. They look into hundreds of players they might be interested in. If it’s a first round QB the scrutiny is greater than a 6th round punter. I’m sure they wish they had known sooner, and that’s one of the things they will kick themselves for, and hopefully learn from. But face it, surprises happen to most teams in most years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we didn’t release him today, that pretty much (imo) confirms the Bills have info we don’t have.. and it’s likely compelling information that corroborates whatever Matt Araiza is telling them.  

Obviously an assumption, but I don’t really see how this can be interpreted any other way.   If they believe he’s at all potentially implicated, he’s cut today. 

Doesn’t mean he won’t be cut, I think he will … but it does seem like they’re giving him time to come up with anything that exonerates himself. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Augie said:

Please realize that they don’t just look into the 6-8 players they draft every year. They look into hundreds of players they might be interested in. If it’s a first round QB the scrutiny is greater than a 6th round punter. I’m sure they wish they had known sooner, and that’s one of the things they will kick themselves for, and hopefully learn from. But face it, surprises happen to most teams in most years. 

Yeh I agree. It seems to me they learned about the details of the case about when the rest of us did.  And I'm very willing to believe that a 6th round punter doesn't get much in the way of allocation of background resources. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

There's not much about their response thus far that lends me to believe they had a plan. To call it disjointed is being generous at this point. 

disagree. 

Coach very directly said they are working through it less than 24 hours ago. 

now they are doing that. 

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This story broke on Thursday afternoon.  They had a game on Friday.  Today is Saturday.  

What did you expect?

• Thank you (+1) 1