Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I believe he should not have been the first Bills person to speak publicly about the allegations.  I’m sure that played into his emotions.

Sean is a stand up guy who expects everyone around him to also be.  I believe he feels he was lied to by MA regarding the facts.  The kind of person he is, breaking his trust is devastating.

I didn't think he was lied to by a player. But that probably is right

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

I believe he should not have been the first Bills person to speak publicly about the allegations.  I’m sure that played into his emotions.

Sean is a stand up guy who expects everyone around him to also be.  I believe he feels he was lied to by MA regarding the facts.  The kind of person he is, breaking his trust is devastating.

I think right here right now the bills need to close ranks and I think that pushes araiza out

i’ve been giving a lot of thought about this over last night today and I am a innocent until proven guilty person but there’s something bothering me in this that makes it OK if they release him he did have sex with this girl even if he didn’t rape her and she was underage and yes she might’ve been telling everybody she was 18 but he should’ve been smarter than that given that he was about to be going into the NFL NFL players should keep very close circles of friends because of things like this and then of course if he is guilty of everything Then deserves everything he gets

• Like (+1) 2

I think it goes beyond MA.  I think he feels whoever had been delegated the responsibility of investigating, both this summer and of vetting Araiza pre-draft, let him and the organization down.  And I think he did not buy into the statement the organization put out and the strategy it implies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I get a weird feeling that there is something else bothering McD about this.  

He needs to snap out of it, trim the roster, get a punter/holder and get ready for the season.  

Someone else (Beane and the legal department) in the organization should be working the issue of getting the information they need.  

I think the problem right now is that McDermott feels let down by someone in the organization who was working the investigation, and also not aligned with the statement they put out, so he feels a responsibility to go hands-on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Asked this earlier but could we put him on the practice squad until he is cleared/settles or charged/sentenced?

this is all the problems, none of the benefits, 100% makes 0 sense imho. they cant be seen as wavering. either they have the ultimate trump card of innocence (mcds presser tells me no), or 801am, hes gone.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

I doubt McD did a lot of research into it by which I mean he trusts the info he is getting from others, the article said the bills investigated it thoroughly but also said there she reported it the day after and has a ton of evidence, so it looks to me like whoever the Bills put in charge of investigating this situation seriously dropped the ball unless all her evidence/claims turn out bogus.

Whoever did the 'thorough investigation' should be hung out to dry

• Agree 2

Personally, that doesn't jive with his first statement. Specifically the part where McDermott says that his "heart and prayers go out to all involved, and that includes Matt..." This came on the heels of the Skurski question about Matt being a great kid. 

Is there a chance that the Bills know more information and that Ariza is being slandered and McD is angry at that?

(I'm not saying that's the case)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Brandon better be speaking tomorrow cause this looks bad on every front and I’ll say again, watching mcds presser had me feeling like beane may have lied to him or kept him in the dark. Really hope that’s not the case

Could be one of those "we're on it, we'll handle it" situations and it very much wasn't handled.  I'm pretty sure the Bills are gonna have some new background investigating people and a new West Coast area scout pretty soon.  Let's hope it doesn't put a wedge between the coach and the front office because I can see how it could.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Brandon better be speaking tomorrow cause this looks bad on every front and I’ll say again, watching mcds presser had me feeling like beane may have lied to him or kept him in the dark. Really hope that’s not the case

I don’t think Beane would do that. I do agree with others that he’s not happy with the results of the PI’s investigation.  Maybe that’s were a differing of opinions happened?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

where did you hear that from??? They have been proven to be over 80% accurate. To call them “WILDY inaccurate “ is a false narrative 

I've also read modern ones can be between 80-90% accurate.

But I bet a lot depends on who's asking the questions and reading the results.

Just now, nkreed said:

Personally, that doesn't jive with his first statement. Specifically the part where McDermott says that his "heart and prayers go out to all involved, and that includes Matt..." This came on the heels of the Skurski question about Matt being a great kid. 

Is there a chance that the Bills know more information and that Ariza is being slandered and McD is angry at that?

That's probably in the realm of .0001% likely

1 minute ago, just1hugheser said:

Whoever did the 'thorough investigation' should be hung out to dry

Throwing people under the bus publically has never been McDermott's MO, but part of my take on McDermott's presser is that McDermott (within the last 24 hrs) has reason to believe that the investigation was not sufficiently thorough or independent OR results were not shared completely/neutrally, and he is furious about that.

Quietly, after the problem is solved and the team moves forward, heads will roll.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

where did you hear that from??? They have been proven to be over 80% accurate. To call them “WILDY inaccurate “ is a false narrative 

Polygraphs are not accurate and not admissible in court because of their inaccuracies 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

I think it's very telling that McDermott was asked straight out whether he thinks Matt lied to him and he said "I'm not going to get into that".

I think if he felt the answer was "No, Never" he'd have said so.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1