Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

whether or not he did anything he's guilty by accusation. if its real he doesn't deserve to play in the nfl. if its bs theres a chance this dude's career got screwed and its over. hope for the best in this situation but don't really see this ending well

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It’s pretty easy to tell all the individuals who have their own skeletons in their closets coming out to defend this piece of trash. Why DEFEND Araiza at all?  To silence any other women who have the courage to come forward? You don’t know anything except charges have been levied. What grounds do you have to defend such abhorrent accusations?  Every stupid emoji, every baseless defense on indefensible actions speaks volumes to your own personal character, and which virtues you hold true, if any.  If any of you taking the stance of blindly defending this dbag just because he he’s got a Buffalo on his helmet, as your wives what they think, or daughters, or mothers..

Lets examine this, (With my response in parentheses after each of your statements):

- "It’s pretty easy to tell all the individuals who have their own skeletons in their closets coming out to defend this piece of trash."  (It's pretty easy to tell who the individuals are who do not value:  due process, the laws passed by our representatives, or the US Constitution in general).

- "Why DEFEND Araiza at all?"  (There's no defense of the individual in question, there is a defense of due process.)

- "To silence any other women who have the courage to come forward?"  (No one rationale wants to silence anyone else.  I would question why anyone would only want the accusers voice to be heard, and who would try to silence the defendant, that failed logic is what needs to be questioned.  Additionally, why is your question only focusing on supposedly silencing women?  Seems there is a failure to acknowledge and understand that men are also viscously assaulted.) 

- "You don’t know anything except charges have been levied."  ( I / we all know as much about the charges as you do, assuming you were not directly involved here.)

- "What grounds do you have to defend such abhorrent accusations?"  (As previously covered, the grounds to defend the accusations are based on defending due process at large, and not just an individual.  Additionally, with the same vigor to determine if the accusations are true, the justice system also needs to take equal effort to determine if the accusations are false.)   

- "Every stupid emoji, every baseless defense on indefensible actions speaks volumes to your own personal character, and which virtues you hold true, if any."  (I agree, including yours.) 

- "If any of you taking the stance of blindly defending this dbag just because he he’s got a Buffalo on his helmet, as your wives what they think, or daughters, or mothers."  (I do think of my wife, daughter and mother.  But it would be false logic to believe abuse is limited to females. We also need to think of the husbands, sons and fathers.)

If my logic or conclusions are flawed, flame away, I'm here to learn; I'm interested in the truth.  On the other hand, I'm not too interested in biased viewpoints and I'm skeptical of those who try to suppress the viewpoints of others, (Via supposed shaming, etc).  In the apparent absence of continued / imminent danger to the accuser (She's getting the therapy and support she needs / deserves - the defendant is no where near her), let the punter have his job till due process dictates otherwise.

Edited by BillsNutHawaii
misspelling
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mattymafia said:

also legitimately one side the the story from someone who also claims they don’t remember most of what happened that night. We have not heard much of anything else. 

Unfortunately, Araiza and his attorney (and the Bills, to some extent) have helped out Mr. Gilleon by seeming to be thoroughly unprepared for this assault.  I'm not impressed...   

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe....hear me out.....maybe this all escalated because he is now in the NFL.......maybe just maybe.....there are a lot more horror stories attached to prospects we'll never know about.  

Just a hunch on that tho obviously I believe they're all saints.  

to add…

she does the rape kit after this but it goes nowhere probably because of a lack of dna. She didn’t know the guys.

nfl drsft occurs. San Diego mentions on the news of local college pkayers drsfted. She sees him in an interview on local news

she recognizes him from the party and knows he was one she talked to

so she says he was involved…she has littlrpe memory of the incident. She remembered him befire she got drunk.

Edited by djp14150
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

KNOWINGLY had sex with a minor you mean?  Because there’s multiple sides to all this and one side (with apparent witnesses) is stating she said she was a college student. 

Even in her journal, where she says she told him she "went to Grossmont", it turns out that's both the name of a high school AND a college in the same community.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Why would I wish that on the girl? You don't speak for me. If this happened as she said I want her to be branded with this the rest of her life because I'm a Bills fan?

Do you also wish all rape victims in the world are proven liars?

Dude... completely missed the point. Would you rather her made this up or it actually happened to her? I, for her sake, would much rather her have made this up than it be something that had happened to her.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Unfortunately, Araiza and his attorney (and the Bills, to some extent) have helped out Mr. Gilleon by seeming to be thoroughly unprepared for this assault.  I'm not impressed...   

What would you do? Fire attack tweets back?

The Bills are doing what anyone who doesn't have all the facts ought to do. Remain silent.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe....hear me out.....maybe this all escalated because he is now in the NFL.......maybe just maybe.....there are a lot more horror stories attached to prospects we'll never know about.  

Just a hunch on that tho obviously I believe they're all saints.  

That could be true; has it been determined that Araiza didn’t know anything about his potential involvement until the civil case was announced?  That seems unlikely from the admittedly bits and pieces I’ve gathered. 

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Why would I wish that on the girl? You don't speak for me. If this happened as she said I want her to be branded with this the rest of her life because I'm a Bills fan?

A rape victim isn't a liar. 

Are all rape or sexual assault accusations true?

That's the question we're letting the mob determine to be "yes...yes they are."

Something inherently wrong with that.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, transient said:

It's possible that regardless of what was going on with this that they were going to cut Haack. Maybe they have a backup plan at holder and felt that even if they had to jettison Araiza that they could get someone to take 20s to shank punts off the street at any time.

They publicly praised Matt after they cut Haack though.  Clearly that wasn't what happened.  And with the season around the corner, they would have already signed another punter as well if they intended on also cutting Matt.  Again, they had 6 weeks prior knowledge of this, we are not talking about something that was just sprung on them recently.  

But hey, this could all change at a moments notice still.  If public pressure mounts or new info comes in, they may decide to still make a change before week 1.  

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

“Upstanding through his whole career”

I’m sorry but testing positive for something as positive as chlamydia by a young , sexually active colllege student is not a huge deal in my eyes   It’s very common, you can’t tell if a female may have it as there can bec sub clinical cases and there is usually only cervicitis ( so unless you are doing a pelvic and testing before having IC, it’s very easy to be exposed, and males may only have a scant discharge for a few days and they can easily ignore it as symptoms are not profuse or uncomfortable such as in GC disease ) Being sexually active at age 21 in college is not unexpected , and calling to divulge you may have exposed someone is actually a good choice showing concern   You can argue about using a condom but has every male in life ALWAYS done that ; I’d argue with the prevalence of women on BC, many young men may have at some point erred by not always using barrier protection    That doesn’t make a young man a criminal and I don’t know if you have seen his story , but he was well liked and respected and his family life seems very supportive !

What other patterns of behavior show he was less than an accomplished young man?   One episode of a very common sti hardly is an indictment in my eyes   Cervical cancer is sti related , does that make young women who have contracted it guilty of “ disturbing behavior” ?   No , it is just chance and human frailty as we are all capable of mistakes as we are growing up   So using this out of context is disgusting, sensationalism, click bait type journalism    If she was legal age or close , was at a college party , etc , it’s possible she had some role / responsibility as well ( not condoning rape , forced sex etc ) , but he has stated that didn’t happen !

Reporting to a partner to get checked is actually a mature, responsible act   People will keep having sex( are you so judgemental about those contracting monkey pox as well and jumping to this meaning if one contracted it they did some immoral behavior?)   Most people have been sexually active by age 21 , so this is no example of something  that detracts from having had a good reputation throughout his prior youth   I have treated every age group , every occupation, every ethnic and  even religious affiliations  with Sti’s in 40 years of medicine  They don’t discriminate except for those practicing abstinence. An STI is not proof of bad or unethical behavior , AND HARDLY NEGATES one’s character over 21 years   That and rape are two very different issues   If he is found guilty , then he deserves the consequences , but just having a simple STI is hardly a character flaw !  It’s medically a fact a woman may have chlamydia unknowingly with few, if any symptoms ( early symptoms tend to quickly dissipate and many may never seek treatment ) and could easily pass it on during consensual activity. There is no way to know just by inspection ( other than a proper physical and appropriate testing by a professional), so this type of biased reporting is what is actually disturbing. 

From all I have read and watched about he and his family , I still believe he has been described as an upstanding , well behaved , young man   Could he have made a terrible choice as a young man under the influence of alcohol etc ?   Certainly, as I am sure none of us has escaped some bad decisions at some time growing up ( Have you ever had a single drink yet still got behind a steering wheel once , ever texted while driving, or have you always been a perfect human?   Just an analogy, not condoning doing so .  I bet the majority of us have made such an error growing up )  That doesn’t mean he raped someone and deserves innocent presumption until proven otherwise   Getting a very common Sti is no more disturbing than catching mono at some point while growing up ; it’s avoidable but an easily treatable human condition and is not related to any sociopathy or immoral behavior  This journalistic sensationalism for click bait is more damaging and potentially harmful to a young man’s reputation and jumping to some nefarious conclusion shows lazy and irresponsible reporting more than anything else at THIS POINT in time.  If  innocent , will he get an apology from this reporter who obviously has an agenda by saying this was “ disturbing” !    Time will allow the whole picture to eventually come out  and I am willing to not jump to him being a rapist just because he contracted an STI  in his life until proven otherwise   He made it thru the Bills screening process to be drafted , so it’s hard to believe he had prior repeated episodes of questionable behavior as they tend to seek out respected leaders in draft prospects !   Let’s hold judgement , sensationalism, until the facts are revealed and he deserves trust until facts prove the opposite  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

to add…

she does the rape kit after this but it goes nowhere probably because of a lack of dna. She didn’t know the guys.

nfl drsft occurs. San Diego mentions on the news of local college pkayers drsfted. She sees him in an interview on local news

she recognizes him from the party and knows he was one she talked to

so she says he was involved

Bad take.  Given the backlog on rape kits and the amount of time it apparently can take police labs to process and certify results from tests that take minutes in a hospital (see Reid, Britt) there is no reasonable conclusion "probably because of a lack of DNA"

13 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

By and large the vast majority on this thread are simply saying, a decision shouldn’t be made based on the court of public opinion. But instead, due diligence should be exercised in order to get as much facts as possible and then make an informed decision whether that be releasing him or not. 

There really is nothing worse than those who jump to conclusions based on emotion.  That’s a recipe for disaster not success! 

Absolutely.  NO ONE here is saying we shouldn't lynch a rapist.  We're just saying we should verify he IS a rapist BEFORE we lynch him.  The fact that people are eagerly willing to lynch someone who could be innocent "just to be safe" is alarming.  I never wish harm on people, but I absolutely wish false rape charges on everyone willing to lynch a man based on nothing more than a single allegation before the facts come out.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Duke Lacrosse team. 2006.

• Agree 2

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

An NFL insider thinks a Buffalo Bills player could be on the move before the start of the 2022 season.

Mike Kaye, an NFL reporter for Pro Football Network, said on Friday that Bills running back Zack Moss is “primed to be dealt”.

Excuse me, but how did Zack Moss get dragged into this awful room?  Please take this elsewhere!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

What would you do? Fire attack tweets back?

No, but they needed to have a strong public relations strategy in place to counter the so-far unrebutted story put out there by Gilleon and his client.  They should have had a strong counter-narrative ready, even if it wasn't much more than just denying the allegations.  They've had months to come up with one and every hour that they don't rebut the Gilleon's story will make it more difficult to win hearts and minds, which is ultimately what this is about.  That goes for the Bills, too. 

Some of you are really showing your true colors by the side you’re picking here. And yes, you are picking a side; this isn’t a court of law, he isn’t owed due process to play football. And even if it were a court, statutory rape is a felony. But keep pulling for a god damned punter. Unbelievable. 

One of the better tweets:

Did they cut the punter yet? I can’t believe a Super Bowl favorite is going to let a punter be a dark cloud over the team.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

That could be true; has it been determined that Araiza didn’t know anything about his potential involvement until the civil case was announced?  That seems unlikely from the admittedly bits and pieces I’ve gathered. 

Nope.  The texts released by Gilleon show that there were negotiations that broke down...