Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

one more time for the peeps in the back:

“Law enforcement personnel are allowed to legally record conversations that they are not a party to. Police officers may then legally use this evidence for criminal prosecutions.

Private citizens are also allowed to utilize these exceptions in a much more limited capacity. In order to use this exception 2 circumstances must be met:

The person recording must be a part of the conversation, this essentially changes California law from an all-party consent state into a single-party consent state, [and,]

They must be recording conversations in order to gather evidence that the other party committed one of the following crime: Extortion, kidnapping, bribery, harassing phone calls, or any felony involving violence against another person. This allows you to record conversations in most instances where you feel threatened.”

exceptions to every law…

I was late to the party and everyone knew the inside gag.

Forgive me for reading 50 pages too slow.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

After listening to his lawyer and the fact that the bills knew about this for a while and how her lawyer is throwing ***** at the fan on Twitter. I will reserve judgement. Sounds like his lawyer has a lot of contradictory witness testimony. But it does sound like she was raped by someone that night. 

Agreed. Araiza’s lawyer is being very careful to not say that she wasn’t raped, but that it wasn’t by our punter. No one has said they hooked up, but there has been plenty of suggesting by the lawyers that they did. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The truth is he was accused of being involved in a gang rape and it looks fishy as *****…. They could’ve easily cut him and kept Haack… again, they kept him because he can kick the ***** out of the ball not for any other reason….but who cares, he’s a ***** punter. 

How about because they think he's innocent?  Why was it so imperative to keep a punter?  They rarely punt.  And it's not like they invested a lot in him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Agree with this, innocent or guilty

The guys a punter

On the other hand the bills must believe in him character wise 

So if he was a star QB your opinion is different?  Isn’t that so Clevelandesque?

Under the assumption the Bills have done all their legal homework, which we have no reason to believe they didn’t he should be suspended barring the outcome of some legal determination. 

If this was our star QB I’d feel the same way.  Where this differs from me is that there are not 24 accusers who were all stone cold sober making the same complaint over a period of time, plus all the hearsay along with it.  NOT to diminish this young lady’s claims at all as they are truly horrific.  But the two cases are drastically different 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Is there a specific reason you are writing your posts twice? Is there a specific reason you are writing your posts twice?

My speak to text on my iPhone keeps doing it twice if I use it. 

It doesn’t show up until after I hit submit

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah I'm going to let the dust settle a little before I get out any pitchforks. I'm still glad Haack is off this roster and if we have to sign a cut punter he'll be no worse than 37 yard Haack.  Hopefully the truth comes out.

Yea I got no problems if the Bills have to sign some other punter I don't see there being a big problem as we don't punt much in any event.  Unless they were gonna move on from haack and planned to sign another vet when they found out about the civil lawsuit.  Perhaps they decided they'd find another vet and just are allowing facts to come out.  If he is guilty he's toast bye bye nfl career hello prison for however many years he is sentenced to.  We don't know what evidence the police processed and the results of the rape kits.  I don't even know exactly what evidence got collected.  If this was always some setup to be a shakedown maybe none of the players the victim claims assaulted her have any DNA evidence show up in her rape kit.  Doesn't prove she's lying but I'd find her account to be very suspect if no DNA from any of the 3 players she accuses is found in her rape kits.  I'd expect there to be some additional DNA not ided if her account is accurate.  And other people attending this party didn't notice a bleeding inebriated young girl stumbling out of the house? 

Will see what the facts tell us as they become available.  

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The accusation in the law suit is that Araiza dropped a girl off to a gang rape.  

Maybe he did; or maybe she asked for a place to sleep it off, he took her to his room and then a couple of dirtbags came in later and raped her and he wasnt around or had no idea what was happening. Only a few people really know at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The accusation in the law suit is that Araiza dropped a girl off to a gang rape.  So I guess I agree with you. I hope I never make that mistake….The world is full of whoopsies.

Having consensual sex with her and her age are actually the least of the moral concerns. There isn’t 50+ pages of “can you believe a college kid had sex with a high school kid at a party. Get him off my team!”. 

Morally, I’m more concerned that he allegedly had Chlamydia but still committed an unprotected sexual act plus the questions surrounding how drunk she was than her age.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The investigation really just needs to play out are there witnesses vouching for the attorney saying she was telling people she was 18 and college 

multiple sources have said not knowing her true age is not a defense.  Given the overall accusation that would be a silly argument to make:  "I thought she was 18 when I had sex with her and then  brought her to my buddies bedroom, where she was raped"

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

The private investigators have multiple witnesses that say she was telling people she was 18...according to his lawyer.

Not sure if that will matter or not. Plus it turns into he said/she said. the fact is according to the law he had sex with a minor if he indeed did. 

• Disagree 1