2022 Tremaine Edmunds Prediction & Watch Thread

elijah

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I'm predicting the vocal few who want him gone still won't get it. The main thing our defense was lacking was getting to the QB and taking him down. That's not on Edmunds in this defense. Defensive end and old ass Hughes was a bigger issue than the QB of the top ranked defense.

Valid point. However, the sticking point for many is that Edmunds gets virtually no direct criticism. It's all deflected towards scheme or coaching or the wind, but anything aside from poor decisions. It's astounding to me how someone who has been in-position for 4 years has such poor instincts. It speaks volumes when guys like Baylon Spector and Terrel Bernard who are considered undersized have real paths to the roster based on playing style and drive. 

2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Valid point. However, the sticking point for many is that Edmunds gets virtually no direct criticism.  It's all deflected towards scheme or coaching or the wind, but anything aside from poor decisions. It's astounding to me how someone who has been in-position for 4 years has such poor instincts. It speaks volumes when guys like Baylon Spector and Terrel Bernard who are considered undersized have real paths to the roster based on playing style and drive. 

Where?!? Not here. Even when Milano makes the mistake. He's TBD whipping boy.

Edited by Dopey

I’ve been a vocal critic of Edmunds, but I have a feeling he’s aware of the criticism and will work hard to shut us up. With the reinforced D-line and another year of experience and maturity, I won’t be surprised if he blossoms into the LB we all want him to be. 

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Yeah I do get that.  The thing that bothers me the most is watching this guy play.  He IS NOT a impact linebacker at all.  He very seldom makes 1 on 1 plays for a loss or contains a RB out of the backfield with out help.  He just can't a stuff another player one on one.  The problem is both our linebackers are a problem. Milano does not get a free pass either.  Go back to Indy game last year.  Our Linebackers were completely MIA, they did absolutely nothing in that game.  We have had suspect Linebackers for years.  And yes it has cost us wins,  in the win loss column.  

I am hoping that we get better LB play this year.  Because it will be needed to make it to the SB this year.

Tremaine was injured in the Indy game, so your point is that he is very impactful because you notice his loss. Tremaine is asked to be a different LB so we can run a base nickel, you thinking the leading tackler on the number 1 ranked defense is not good is crazy. 

• Like (+1) 3

Edmunds is a physical freak,  tall, lanky, fast.    mbe hes great at clogging up the passing lanes in the middle of the field.    hes not great in run support though imo.   hes not a threat rushing the passer either.   ya he makes tackles,  are they impact tackles though?.   most of his tackles are 5+ yards downfield and hes rarely sticking a guy and pushing him back.   i said this last year about him,  somebody needs to teach him about leverage.   

so hes good at pass D

average at best in run support

below average pass rusher

hes a leader i guess

not an impact tackler

is this a pro bowl linebacker?  somebody you give a bag of money too?

with how much our new D line is hyped up,  if they deliver,  Edmunds has zero excuses this year to not play lights out.

im not against him,  i just want him to play better,  be a bigger impact.   hes still young.   i want to see improvement though.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tremaine was injured in the Indy game, so your point is that he is very impactful because you notice his loss. Tremaine is asked to be a different LB so we can run a base nickel, you thinking the leading tackler on the number 1 ranked defense is not good is crazy. 

That is not what I said.  I know he did not play in that game and like I said,  Klein and Milano did nothing in that game.  Frankly even in the game today Milano and Tremaine tackled each other instead Hinton over the middle.  The receiver was right in front of them and they take each other out.  Denver's OL number 77 put Milano on his ass and they were both running around again today and hardly making any impact plays when they were in there. 

Like I said we can only hope it gets better than what we saw on the field today against Denver's 2nd String players.  Like I said last year none of our linebackers finished in the top 25 at their position last year.  There are plenty of other LB's in the game that are better than Tremaine and Milano right now.

FYI, there were 30 other linebackers last year with more tackles than Tremaine.   So he is not all that special.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

That is not what I said.  I know he did not play in that game and like I said,  Klein and Milano did nothing in that game.  Frankly even in the game today Milano and Tremaine tackled each other instead Hinton over the middle.  The receiver was right in front of them and they take each other out.  Denver's OL number 77 put Milano on his ass and they were both running around again today and hardly making any impact plays when they were in there. 

Like I said we can only hope it gets better than what we saw on the field today against Denver's 2nd String players.  Like I said last year none of our linebackers finished in the top 25 at their position last year.  There are plenty of other LB's in the game that are better than Tremaine and Milano right now.

FYI, there were 30 other linebackers last year with more tackles than Tremaine.   So he is not all that special.

So your point in the Edmunds thread is that the other LBs played poorly in the game Edmunds missed? Odd point, but truly Edmunds and Milano are asked to play a very different LB position than 25 years ago therefore he is hard to grade without knowing his assignment. Lastly usually the league high tacklers are on the bad defenses because they get a lot more chances to make tackles so to me being the #1 tackler on the best defense when the other teams only have 289 plays is more impressive vs the guys who faced 450 or 500 snaps.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

10 hours ago, muppy said:

Senor edmunds has a BIG target on his back with the 2bd fanbase . His every play will be scrutunized and critiqued. I just hope the excellence of our defensive line will create opportunities for he to shine...or it might get ugly up in here just sayin'

No more excuses with Von, Groot and Settle. If he continues to make tackles 7 yards downfield with few if any impact plays, they'll let him walk. Especially if he's looking for 12-14/yr.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No more excuses with Von, Groot and Settle. If he continues to make tackles 7 yards downfield with few if any impact plays, they'll let him walk. Especially if he's looking for 12-14/yr.

He’s actually one of the top LBs in the league at making the tackle within the first 3 yards. Run defense is not one of his weaknesses. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Yeah I do get that.  The thing that bothers me the most is watching this guy play.  He IS NOT a impact linebacker at all.  He very seldom makes 1 on 1 plays for a loss or contains a RB out of the backfield with out help.  He just can't a stuff another player one on one.  The problem is both our linebackers are a problem. Milano does not get a free pass either.  Go back to Indy game last year.  Our Linebackers were completely MIA, they did absolutely nothing in that game.  We have had suspect Linebackers for years.  And yes it has cost us wins,  in the win loss column.  

I am hoping that we get better LB play this year.  Because it will be needed to make it to the SB this year.

That goes on  McFrazier . Playing the nickel religiously cost us those wins. They didn't stop those runs until they let Milano loose. Taron Johnson cannot handle those bigger backs and the Hoodie saw that. If they had went 4-3 with Klein after say...20 straight runs, maybe it's a different story. IMO Frazier is old school and unwilling/capable of game planning on a weekly basis against different teams.

Maybe this year will be different, IDK, but there will be teams that will try that M.O. this year and the only way to counter that is a 4-3....and LB blitzes...ie. Milano near the end of those 2 games. Every team will be looking to keep josh off the field and control T.O.P.  I'm betting next year it's Milano, Bernard and Spector, not counting a free agent or draft pick. Edmunds should be turned into picks before Halloween.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.