Who wins the AFC North?

YoloinOhio

Division winners prediction   

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC North?

Ravens edge out Cinncy if they stay healthy. Pittsburgh will be competitive with a strong D and playmakers on offense. Depends on their QB play but I’m sure they will surprise a few teams.  It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Browns this year, culture, team dynamics, leadership, etc, with the Watson situation. I use to root for Cleveland when not playing the Bills, but I have to imagine many fans like me now detest them. Feel like they sold out and knew exactly what Watson did but looked the other way.  

Cincy went to the super bowl - but they were only 10-7 in a year where Cleveland and Baltimore had really rough years injury wise.  Their defense has a really good rush defense so they'll always be a tough mark for others in the division (everyone in that division wants to run the ball).  They have really solid skill players on offense and have tinkered with the offensive line to try and keep burrow standing up.   They used some picks on the secondary - but that unit was bad all year long and I'm not sold on them doing enough there.

Assuming injured players come back healthy - Humphrey/Peters/Clark/Hamilton/Fuller is about as good a secondary as you can get and this team usually gets after it pressure wise.  They had the worst pass defense in the league in 2021, which i'd wager is highly unlikely to reoccur.  Dobbins and Edwards are also such massive upgrades over the old guys they were forced to use a year ago.  

I think it will be competitive - my pick is ravens - but i could see Cincy winning the division too.  Baltimore had a winning record in the previous 4 seasons, and injuries are largely to blame for a defense going from top 10 the previous 3 seasons to 25th.  They also went from top 10 in turnover diff, to bottom 5.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t think the Browns will win much of anything with Jacoby as their starter for the first 11 games.

That’s why I said, “with the right breaks.” That team is talented and could still add Jimmy G. If the Browns go 7-4 or even 6-5 before Watson comes back they can win the division. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Cleveland and Pitt aren't in the same tier. They probably won't be terrible, but they won't be good enough, barring key injuries to the other teams.

See above on Cleveland.

Pittsburgh went to the playoffs last year with worse QB play. Somehow they became underrated. It isn’t crazy to think that they go from 9-7-1 to 11-6 and win the division.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

38 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Browns will be a league wide hated team, it's not just the DeShawn Watson thing, it's more about offering a fully Guaranteed contract that will eventually effect every nfl team.  

Hated by who though?  The Watson will be in play, but the players won't hate Cleveland more for the contract.  Do you think the players will hate them more for doing something that, in the long term, will positively effect every NFL player?

Edited by cle23

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Marlon won't get abused as bad again a second time. He is an elite player who had an awful game.

Speaking of elite, I look at their front 7 on D and I see nothing there but some competency and hopes. Harbaugh will have them playing hard as always (except of course last year when they played Cincy), but if they’re going to make any real noise, it’s all on Lamar.

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Speaking of elite, I look at their front 7 on D and I see nothing there but some competency and hopes. Harbaugh will have them playing hard as always (except of course last year when they played Cincy), but if they’re going to make any real noise, it’s all on Lamar.

Agree their front 7 doesn't have an obvious difference maker there. But it is the Ravens. They will be coached to within an inch of their lives and somebody will emerge. Tyus Bowser flashed last year, this could be his breakout. 

I think the difference comes down to Ravens get to play the Broncos/Jaguars/Giants whereas the Bengals get to play the Titans/Chiefs/Cowboys.

13-4 Ravens:

W Jets

W Dolphins

W Patriots

L Bills

L Bengals

W Giants

W Browns

L Buccaneers

W Saints

W Panthers

W Jaguars

L Broncos

W Steelers

W Browns

W Falcons

W Steelers

W Bengals

12-5 Bengals:

W Steelers

L Cowboys

W Jets

W Dolphins

W Ravens

W Saints

W Falcons

W Browns

W Panthers

W Steelers

L Titans

W Chiefs

W Browns

L Buccaneers

W Patriots

L Bills

L Ravens

Edited by What a Tuel

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree their front 7 doesn't have an obvious difference maker there. But it is the Ravens. They will be coached to within an inch of their lives and somebody will emerge. Tyus Bowser flashed last year, this could be his breakout. 

Oh, Harbaugh will have them fighting for a wild-card spot. He may even have them fighting for the division championship. That’s about it though, their overall talent is just lacking compared to other AFC contenders.

One or two years from now, with more developed draft picks and a few more moves? OK. Question then though is who is the QB?

Edited by Rico

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

Oh, Harbaugh will have them fighting for a wild-card spot. He may even have them fighting for the division championship. That’s about it though, their overall talent is just lacking compared to other AFC contenders.

One or two years from now, with more developed draft picks and a few more moves? OK. Question then though is who is the QB?

I don't think they can win the Superbowl. But I do think they will win the North. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.