Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

A lifetime ban for predatory sexual behavior of a non-violent kind? I don’t know if that’d be fair. I agree with the counseling and the suspension, though the fine could definitely be more given his salary. 

Americans vs Europeans or the rest of the worlds view on sex is a lot different. Sex dungeons, live club sex, legal prostitution, and other non violent sexual acts are a lot more culturally acceptable there. 
Not saying what Watson did was a good thing, but it’s amazing to travel the world and see how much people would just generally shrug at this. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Americans vs Europeans or the rest of the worlds view on sex is a lot different. Sex dungeons, live club sex, legal prostitution, and other non violent sexual acts are a lot more culturally acceptable there. 
Not saying what Watson did was a good thing, but it’s amazing to travel the world and see how much people would just generally shrug at this. 

I don't go to a barber looking for a HJ.  Nor would I go to a massage for one.  As an American, I have no problem with the things you listed but let's not act like he was scheduling these appointments like he was scheduling a prostitute. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I hope the counseling is real and not just some dude paid a lot of money to put a check in a box that Watson showed up.

I agree with this completely. Until he admits this is a problem, and ultimately realizes the impact of his actions, he will remain a damaged human being, and a predator.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I don't go to a barber looking for a HJ.  Nor would I go to a massage for one.  As an American, I have no problem with the things you listed but let's not act like he was scheduling these appointments like he was scheduling a prostitute. 

Yes, as an American, but go to Vietnam or most other places and you will get that and more customarily. Not saying Watson isn’t scummy, but it’s amazing how much different this is when you talk all over the world. 

15 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I truly believe that he will never live this down and will not be able to handle it mentally. Every road game will be a gauntlet. I would not be surprised if his career plummeted and the Browns are stuck with that contract.

Thats a possibility, and the one I will be rooting for as he is a total POS. But there is the other possibility where he is such a POS that it doesn't bother him but motivates and fuels him.  I mean he has already demonstrated some big character flaws in his predatory actions followed by a lack of remorse or even responsibility.  

My honest opinion, I think its the latter.  One he is incredibly talented and now going to be playing on a much more talented roster, so that will help him some right there.  Second, how cold he has been throughout this makes me think he is just a POS and won't give a damn about the fans getting on him during road games and will instead revel in throwing it in their faces on the field.  He just strikes me as that kind of POS.  

But I hope you are right, it is certainly what he deserves to have happen.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Are they consensual?

Sometimes no. You get random people pleasuring themselves, but it’s a live sex place so you kind of just have to ignore it. I’ve had conversations with Vietnamese women and they says non consensual actions get flaunted all the time. Generally low assault like flashing, but rarely anything forceful. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sometimes no. You get random people pleasuring themselves, but it’s a live sex place so you kind of just have to ignore it. I’ve had conversations with Vietnamese women and they says non consensual actions get flaunted all the time. Generally low assault like flashing, but never anything forceful. 

So you're not referring to nonconsensual sexual contact, or anything that has any bearing or relation to the issue at hand.

Maybe you'd be wise to just step away from this one. <_<

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Nor do I suspect these women came to work expecting to be coerced into performing a sexual act. Whether he intimidated them physically, intimidated them as employer, and therefore in a position to impact their careers, or convinced them to take more money, he intimidated them do something against their original will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sometimes no. You get random people pleasuring themselves, but it’s a live sex place so you kind of just have to ignore it. I’ve had conversations with Vietnamese women and they says non consensual actions get flaunted all the time. Generally low assault like flashing, but rarely anything forceful. 

this is a shocking level of detail...and i'm kinda gross.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How on earth is a 'live sex place' in any way related to what Watson did?

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I was actually kind of hoping he’d play @Buffalo.   I think our defense would absolutely tee off against him.   Plus the home crowd would have been even more raucous than usual for that one.

You’re right.  He’s just a disposable human being and my feeling are more about thinking o those girls. At the end of the day, football is entertainment.  Abusing women in anyway is just wrong!

I'm jaded by those feelings.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

So you're not referring to nonconsensual sexual contact, or anything that has any bearing or relation to the issue at hand.

Maybe you'd be wise to just step away from this one. <_<

It depends on what Watson did. I don’t know the precise actions he did. But most of what Watson did is extremely common in the rest of the world. It’s not morally right for most Americans or ourselves, but you would be surprised at how prevalent it is in massage parlors. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

this is a shocking level of detail...and i'm kinda gross.

It is gross, but that’s the unfortunate reality of the legality/morality issues around the world and what is “acceptable behavior. People should talk about it, because life happens and these are hard things to talk about but that’s the nature of the world. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

How on earth is a 'live sex place' in any way related to what Watson did?

Sexual deviancy is a very complex issue. Have you actually listened to any psychological analysis on it before? 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It depends on what Watson did. I don’t know the precise actions he did. But most of what Watson did is extremely common in the rest of the world. It’s not morally right for most Americans or ourselves, but you would be surprised at how prevalent it is in massage parlors. 

He wasn't in a f'ing massage parlor; he coerced innocent professional women into nonconsensual sexual acts.

You are utterly clueless and tone deaf on this subject and I am done wasting time interacting with you.

The last thing I will tell you is that if you continue down this road, it is not likely to end well for you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.