Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Simon said:

He wasn't in a f'ing massage parlor; he coerced innocent professional women into nonconsensual sexual acts.

You are utterly clueless and tone deaf on this subject and I am done wasting time interacting with you.

The last thing I will tell you is that if you continue down this road, it is not likely to end well for you.

What happens in any massage sessions whether sexual or not should very obviously be agreed on by both parties before hand in any circumstance. But even more so if you're someone like a franchise QB and tried to pursue things in a gray area, not that I'm saying that's what he did, it could be blown out of proportions. Whole thing was gross predatory and stupid.

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It would be an utter disaster for the NFL if the Browns manage to win enough games while he is out to where the sneak in the playoffs and go on a run in the playoffs and win the SB.  

And regardless of what we think of Watson as a person, he was a top 5 QB before the scandals.  Browns still have a loaded roster, this isn’t as far fetched as people might think, especially if he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder.  

I mean, it would be worst case scenario for the NFL, so I’m stunned they agreed to just 11 games allowing this to even be a possibility.  If the Browns are near .500 they can easily make the playoffs still, and with a roster that talented they can still win 5 to 6 games in those 11 games he’s out.  Then there are all 3 to 4 games down the stretch they should win and a few tough games.  It wouldn’t be that hard for these guys to go 9-8 or 10-7 and sneak into the playoffs.  

This is way too little for what he did, should have been a full season.  

After preseason I dont think he is allowed to practice or even be at the facilities.  I dont think this scenario has a chance in hell to happen.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It depends on what Watson did. I don’t know the precise actions he did. But most of what Watson did is extremely common in the rest of the world. It’s not morally right for most Americans or ourselves, but you would be surprised at how prevalent it is in massage parlors. 

Well he wasn't outside of the US so your point is moot unless you are trying to express how well travelled/erudite you are.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

He wasn't in a f'ing massage parlor; he coerced innocent professional women into nonconsensual sexual acts.

You are utterly clueless and tone deaf on this subject and I am done wasting time interacting with you.

The last thing I will tell you is that if you continue down this road, it is not likely to end well for you.

it's more than this subject.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

After preseason I dont think he is allowed to practice or even be at the facilities.  I dont think this scenario has a chance in hell to happen.

Right they've got to prep and run an offense for Jacoby Brissette for the first 11 games and then suddenly shift if for Watson for the last 6...good luck with that.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes, as an American, but go to Vietnam or most other places and you will get that and more customarily. Not saying Watson isn’t scummy, but it’s amazing how much different this is when you talk all over the world. 

The difference with a brothel or sex parlor is that there's consent involved. 

Practically nobody would care if he was just banging the help with their consent.  He was flying women in, locking them into a room alone with him and then forcing them to perform sexual acts.  

If you seriously don't understand the difference then you might need some kind of therapy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well he wasn't outside of the US so your point is moot unless you are trying to express how well travelled/erudite you are.

This would be the first time someone goes on a sex tourism romp around south east asia and comes back cultured.

I wonder if Watson having “negotiated” this settlement/punishment will have an effect on the remaining civil case against him?   Since he participated in determining the punishment, his position in that civil case could be weakened (hopefully)?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

This would be the first time someone goes on a sex tourism romp around south east asia and comes back cultured.

Unless you're referring to a bacterial STD culture. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I’m done talking about it because it is useless to do so, but the more you travel you see some very out there stuff that makes America seem conservative by nature. By our standards Watson should absolutely be punished, pretty sure we are all in agreement there. My only point was to discuss at how different places perceive these things. 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right they've got to prep and run an offense for Jacoby Brissette for the first 11 games and then suddenly shift if for Watson for the last 6...good luck with that.

Not too mention that Watson hasn't done much work for two years.  He will be coming in cold with an offense and players he really has no timing with.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m done talking about it because it is useless to do so, but the more you travel you see some very out there stuff that makes America seem conservative by nature. By our standards Watson should absolutely be punished, pretty sure we are all in agreement there. My only point was to discuss at how different places perceive these things. 

Again, the fact that he had sex with a bunch of women isn't the problem.  There's no cultural enlightenment to be had here. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.