Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I said I thought doubling was the limit of where they would go. They care about this "new disciplinary process" holding. That is why Goodell and his client journalists have been trumpeting how great the process is since the CBA. 

I am not surprised. 

My next prediction is Watson and the NFLPA will not seek to challenge the process in the courts. I think this is the end of the matter (save obviously for further evidence emerging later). 

They'd have a hard time with damages since this was a settlement.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I said I thought doubling was the limit of where they would go. They care about this "new disciplinary process" holding. That is why Goodell and his client journalists have been trumpeting how great the process is since the CBA. 

I am not surprised. 

My next prediction is Watson and the NFLPA will not seek to challenge the process in the courts. I think this is the end of the matter (save obviously for further evidence emerging later). 

I mean they settled so I don't see how they would challenge it at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Who compared this to a flu? It’s a mental illness, similar to the guy who runs around flashing people behind a trench coat. That’s what my “sickness” term referred to.

So what could be described in the most charitable sense as a paraphilia can be cured with a little time on the couch and what, an SSRI?

7 minutes ago, LeviF said:

So what could be described in the most charitable sense as a paraphilia can be cured with a little time on the couch and what, an SSRI?

Not sure, as I’ve never had therapy or know the outcome of most cases, but the league assigned it so they must believe it works. Maybe those who got counseling for some mental health issue can speak to this better.

EDIT: the fact that Watson STILL sees no wrongdoing on his part is his biggest hurdle. Could counseling give him that perspective he lacks? If he doesn’t appear in the news again for a related charge we might have our answer.

Edited by JayBaller10

13 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

So a sexual deviant should be killed? Watson clearly has a sickness that needs to be addressed, but wishing he’d die is pretty over the top. If he was found guilty of a crime then he’d be behind bars, not returning to the field in 11 weeks. 

I don't think predators can be addressed or fixed and I wouldn't shed any tears,

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.