Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes, I’m talking about these places that had soft vs hard consent. Major double takes, couldn’t believe it really. The wording from the nfl judge fits my experience pretty closely in how those things were tolerated there. 

Soft vs hard consent? What are you on about?

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Can't we please stop asking him to explain himself?

I gave a "general amnesty" to my entire ignore list when camp started.  

Like Haslam's comment on Watson needing a second chance.

Both of us were wrong.

My list is growing weekly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

People on here made Ben Rapelesberger jokes and he wasn't even in our division, this isn't going away for him ever.

And were still making them and calling him a rapist, more than a decade after he cleaned up his act, got married, and became a father with no further scandals

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Soft vs hard consent? What are you on about?

Let's not ask.  Do you really want to know what this guy thinks?  He apparently thinks countries where child prostitution and sex trafficking are openly tolerated like Vietnam and Thailand represent "the world"

Edited by Beck Water

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we can stop him saying crazy *****.

Well that’s not happening.

today I learned about European soft and hard consent from Breece Hall’s biggest fan. That’s enough TBD for today.

Edited by JoPoy88

40 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes, I’m talking about these places that had soft vs hard consent. Major double takes, couldn’t believe it really. The wording from the nfl judge fits my experience pretty closely in how those things were tolerated there. 

Sorry, but I don't take you as an authority on world affairs.  

As the son of my ex wife would say at 7 years old, "Welcome to California. Now go home". 

27 minutes ago, CSBill said:

After listening to him today I’m am convinced Watson is mentally sick. 

But I think Haslam is worse, he is a special kind of creep.

How could anyone root for this team?

They are in denial because from what I've seen they think he's the best QB in the history of their franchise and and their greatest player since Jim Brown and all they care about is winning. Haslam even said in the press conference "he's only 26" and they expect he will be their QB for the next decade so 1 season doesn't matter in the long run 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, CSBill said:

After listening to him today I’m am convinced Watson is mentally sick. 

But I think Haslam is worse, he is a special kind of creep.

How could anyone root for this team?

I realized that when he contacted 66 different massage therapists in a span of 17 months. He is entitled to help and a chance to reform, so that’s why I’m not in the camp of banning him from the NFL for life (yet) or

killing him as others suggested. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Let's not ask.  Do you really want to know what this guy thinks?  He apparently thinks countries where child prostitution and sex trafficking are openly tolerated like Vietnam and Thailand represent "the world"

I was the one that called him out on what he was saying but this isn't even close to what he was saying.

@IronMaidenBills made a point from his perspective, although poorly, about how these things are socially acceptable in other countries.  

He made a point that the decision was wrong and Watson was definitely in the wrong.  @IronMaidenBills does live in a different world (assuming they live in Thailand or Vietnam or somewhere in southeast Asia) so I don't think offering their opinion about stuff that goes on in that part of the world means they agree with anything that is happening here (as they stated).

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

They are in denial because from what I've seen they think he's the best QB in the history of their franchise and and their greatest player since Jim Brown and all they care about is winning. Haslam even said in the press conference "he's only 26" and they expect he will be their QB for the next decade so 1 season doesn't matter in the long run 

Lol unless Cleveland transforms into Miami and develops ocean front property they have Watson for 4 more seasons.  If that.   

They'll be forced to trade him when he goes into his contract year because he isn't staying in that city.  He's there now because the Browns bid higher much higher then only 2 other interested teams.  

There is zero scenario of him staying in Cleveland (with zero draft capital btw) beyond this contract.  

He either plays up to expectations, all eventually gets sorta forgiven, then he's gone.  

If he plays how I think it's very possible he'll play - first time ever in a non warm weather non domed field, no one is going to want him.  And he doesn't even get this season to really acclimate himself to it all.  

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

I must say, ESPN is keeping it way more real regarding the Deshaun Watson situation, compared to NFLN. I have watched both all day. 

ESPN is MUCH more critical of the Browns, and of Watson himself, for his obvious lack of remorse.  NFLN is not stating an opinion. They are treating it like any other suspension.  (Aside from Scott Pioli from what I’ve seen)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.