Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

But why should this hurt the Browns?

Watson was the offender. Not the Browns.

Fair question. First of all, I do not believe that morality has much to do with how the NFL views this situation. Their concerns have to do with money and their image - and latter is only because of its impact on the former.

The Browns did not require Watson to settle his cases before they traded for and signed him (as Miami did), they gave him a huge fully guaranteed contract, botched his first press conference and issued a joke of a press release when he got 6 games. In short, they exacerbated the PR situation and made the NFL look bad. No way was Goodell going to give them a pass on all of that. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Pretty much everything he says is ridiculous.  This was the last exchange I had with him.  

He's saying dead Special Ops soldiers aren't elite because they died and questioned Mike Murphy's decision making when he sacrificed his life for his brothers.

It's almost as if T.V. and movies aren't accurate depictions of reality.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

As a European/Rest of the World person who has travelled extensively I am calling complete and utter BS on the suggestion that "we" would just generally shrug at what he did. "Other non violent sexual acts" are more culturally acceptable over here. Seriously?

I’m not allowed to talk about it anymore so I cannot elaborate further from my experiences nor do people have a willingness to hear about it. So this conversation isn’t going to go any further. 

1 hour ago, JDubya76 said:

To prison inmates that over-exerted themselves in the yard. Bubba is going to love Demolester’s soft supple never worked a day in his life hands.

I've often wondered how many prison inmates are actually named Bubba.

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not allowed to talk about it anymore so I cannot elaborate further from my experiences nor do people have a willingness to hear about it. So this conversation isn’t going to go any further. 

Ah, the old "I get to make up sh*t but when called on it I hide behind the 'they' won't let me tell the truth" defence. Gotcha 🙄 

Edited by Gunvald's Husse

5 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Ah, the old "I get to make up sh*t but when called on it I hide behind the 'they' won't let me tell the truth" defence. Gotcha 🙄 

I’ve been told by a moderator I’m not allowed to talk about it, so I can’t elaborate on it. So we just have to drop it. 

1 hour ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

As a European/Rest of the World person who has travelled extensively I am calling complete and utter BS on the suggestion that "we" would just generally shrug at what he did. "Other non violent sexual acts" are more culturally acceptable over here. Seriously?

Agreed. Sex dungeons and sex clubs where people consent to sexual activity do not equate to a society where we shrug at sexual harrassment or non-violent sexual assault. 

EDIT: and also while there are sex clubs, sex dungeons and legalised prostition exist in parts of Europe it is not like they are on every street corner or that most citizens come into any contact with them in their lives.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. Sex dungeons and sex clubs where people consent to sexual activity do not equate to a society where we shrug at sexual harrassment or non-violent sexual assault. 

EDIT: and also while there are sex clubs, sex dungeons and legalised prostition exist in parts of Europe it is not like they are on every street corner or that most citizens come into any contact with them in their lives.

What do you know about Europe?  You only live there.

Anywho, there sex dungeons and clubs in Atlanta….the conservative south.  They’re in every state in the US.

There’s also legalized prostitution in certain areas of Atlanta….the conservative south.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What do you know about Europe?  You only live there.

Anywho, there sex dungeons and clubs in Atlanta….the conservative south.  They’re in every state in the US.

There’s also legalized prostitution in certain areas of Atlanta….the conservative south.

There are a LOT more details other than those things I’ve listed. It wouldn’t be fitting, and most of these things happened in deep Eastern Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world. 

To say the least I am disappointed in the settlement.  The amount of anger was due to the leniency I believe he received.

It's after the official "lawyer" statement was released and then the corresponding Watson and Haslam comments that I am

now totally disgusted. 

I can care less what others think but I am chipping it in stone that I wish nothing but bad luck to Watson and the Cleveland Browns

organization until both of these disgraceful and ignoble individuals leave.

I will applaud any non-violent dissatisfaction fans and communities respond with in kind.

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

'cept in Westminster....

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There are a LOT more details other than those things I’ve listed. It wouldn’t be fitting, and most of these things happened in deep Eastern Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world. 

Do you understand the whole "consent" part of this?  Watson's victims weren't prostitutes.  They didn't sign up for what he wanted.  And you continue to act like you're the only person on this site that has been to another ***** country.  Stop.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you understand the whole "consent" part of this?  Watson's victims weren't prostitutes.  They didn't sign up for what he wanted.  And you continue to act like you're the only person on this site that has been to another ***** country.  Stop.

I've been to Florida

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes, I’m talking about these places that had soft vs hard consent. Major double takes, couldn’t believe it really. The wording from the nfl judge fits my experience pretty closely in how those things were tolerated there. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.