Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

It simply isn’t normal for a young fit kid to drop dead at 22. So when it happens of course people want to know why. When it’s kept secret it seems odd. People don’t normally hide cause of death if it was some ailment. Not sure how disclosing an ailment would bring further grief. There is a short list of causes of death that would bring further grief if made public. We all know what those are.

my reply to this, and I mean No disrespect. You may be right but maybe just  maybe it's none of our business. *shrugs*

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, muppy said:

my reply to this, and I mean No disrespect. You may be right but maybe just  maybe it's none of our business. *shrugs*

It's obviously none of our business. It's not mutually exclusive

Ppl are very concerned for obvious reasons. Ppl can also simultaneously respect the privacy of the Knox family. 

Edited by Forlorn hope
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Would it make us feel better if it was suicide or drug related I don’t think it would make me feel better therefore if they don’t want to say I don’t wanna know

I've been thinking about this topic and here is my final take on the matter. Are pro athletes mandated to reveal personal private family PERSONAL issues to the public? No. Its really not our business to know personal details of our sports stars lives.

Are we *(some of we) curious his cause of death? Clearly.

I agree with you John. The knowing how won't  make me feel better it sucks no matter how.

Peace - m

11 hours ago, muppy said:

I've been thinking about this topic and here is my final take on the matter. Are pro athletes mandated to reveal personal private family PERSONAL issues to the public? No. Its really not our business to know personal details of our sports stars lives.

Are we *(some of we) curious his cause of death? Clearly.

I agree with you John. The knowing how won't  make me feel better it sucks no matter how.

Peace - m

I am with you. The money and fame of playing in the NFL is part of a package deal though. People prying into the personal lives of the players is definitely one of the downsides of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I am with you. The money and fame of playing in the NFL is part of a package deal though. People prying into the personal lives of the players is definitely one of the downsides of it. 

That's the point.  There is no solution to this problem.  If you're famous, you give up a lot of privacy.  There's simply no way to avoid it.  It doesn't mean you're obligated to talk about your private life in public, but it does mean people are going to inquire incessantly about it, because that's the way people are.   Brady hasn't said much, but he's already said more publicly than most people would like to put in the headlines.  

All kinds of celebrities talk about it.  Bills players don't want to put down Bills' fans, but once in a while they'll be frank and admit that almost anywhere they go in town they're recognized.  You and I can go to Duff's, buy a pitcher and a bucket of wings, watch a game, and hang out.  It's a whole different experience for them.  

I used to think that celebrities were just showing off when they got married on an island somewhere and flew in 50 or 100 guests.  Finally, I realized they do it because it's the only way they can have a party that isn't crashed by paparazzi and fans.  

I'm curious about Luke.  I'm curious about Kim.  But if the families don't want to talk about it, I'll try to curb my curiosity and recognize that they're human beings and it's my fandom that needs to be controlled. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

That's the point.  There is no solution to this problem.  If you're famous, you give up a lot of privacy.  There's simply no way to avoid it.  It doesn't mean you're obligated to talk about your private life in public, but it does mean people are going to inquire incessantly about it, because that's the way people are.   Brady hasn't said much, but he's already said more publicly than most people would like to put in the headlines.  

All kinds of celebrities talk about it.  Bills players don't want to put down Bills' fans, but once in a while they'll be frank and admit that almost anywhere they go in town they're recognized.  You and I can go to Duff's, buy a pitcher and a bucket of wings, watch a game, and hang out.  It's a whole different experience for them.  

I used to think that celebrities were just showing off when they got married on an island somewhere and flew in 50 or 100 guests.  Finally, I realized they do it because it's the only way they can have a party that isn't crashed by paparazzi and fans.  

I'm curious about Luke.  I'm curious about Kim.  But if the families don't want to talk about it, I'll try to curb my curiosity and recognize that they're human beings and it's my fandom that needs to be controlled. 

it’s gotten much worse over the last 35 years due to

significant salary increase

social media

cell phones

internet

sudden death of someone very young is a big curiosity if it’s not from common death causes at that 18-25 age group which are car accidents, drug/alcohol OD, suicide, cancer, guns, reckless/activity related high risk behavior ( like speeding in a car/ motorcycle, extreme sports, trying to do some tik toK stunt)

My take is that if his cause of death was due to something that was voluntary and avoidable or a decision that many others may encounter and have to make for themselves, that for the sake of public safety, the cause should be investigated and fully exposed so others can make a better informed decision. 

If it saves even one life it would be criminal not to do it. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

My take is that if his cause of death was due to something that was voluntary and avoidable or a decision that many others may encounter and have to make for themselves, that for the sake of public safety, the cause should be investigated and fully exposed so others can make a better informed decision. 

If it saves even one life it would be criminal not to do it. 

The Knox family is entitled to their privacy. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

The Knox family is entitled to their privacy. 

I appreciate this position and understand the kind place where it comes from.

But I don’t understand how releasing that information would make the impossible task of processing this tragedy more difficult for the family nor do I believe that allowing others to be negatively affected would bring them more peace. 

I see no benefit from withholding the info and nothing but benefits from releasing it. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

Autopsy reports are considered a matter of public record in Tennessee. If questions arise about information in the autopsy report, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy at the Regional Forensic Center should be contacted.

Most autopsy reports are completed within 10 to 12 weeks, although additional investigative or laboratory information may extend this time frame.’

When it’s done, we’ll all know.  Probably a load of newspapers/sites check daily.

20 minutes ago, hemma said:

Autopsy reports are considered a matter of public record in Tennessee. If questions arise about information in the autopsy report, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy at the Regional Forensic Center should be contacted.

Most autopsy reports are completed within 10 to 12 weeks, although additional investigative or laboratory information may extend this time frame.’

When it’s done, we’ll all know.  Probably a load of newspapers/sites check daily.

Where was the autopsy conducted, Tennessee or Florida where he died?

On 9/2/2022 at 9:58 PM, John from Riverside said:

Would it make us feel better if it was suicide or drug related I don’t think it would make me feel better therefore if they don’t want to say I don’t wanna know

You are spot on,  mostly is not anyone else’s business, people who insist on a false need to know are just gossipy folk who feel entitled to nose into some other persons/families business, those people basically suck at this aspect of being decent humans, jmo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.