Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Listen to what Von had to say today.

He said he chats with OBJ about once a week and keeps in touch with him.

He said when things get serious, he knows where OBJ is going to end up, implying Buffalo.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/von-miller-and-his-continued-recruitment-of-obj-1528925298

I didn't listen, but do I get credit for reading the same thing detailed  in @YoloinOhio post 2 hours ago in the other OBJ thread?

Edited by Mr. WEO

11 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

OBJ is not playing in Buffalo.  I doubt he plays for anyone this year.  That is his second ACL injury.  He had surgery just a few months ago and he is very injury prone.  Last three seasons he has played 7 games, 6 games, and 8 games and they weren't very productive.  4 or his last five years he has been nothing but a 300 yard per season receiver.  

This is wrong on so many levels. He hasn't played 7, 6 & 8 games over the last 3 years. He's played 16, 7 & 14, the 6 & 8 games were from last year on 2 separate teams. 1 of those years was a 1,000 yard season. Also was very good in the playoffs last year catching 21 of 26 targets for 288 yards and 2 TDs. He had 9 catches for 113 yards in the NFC championship game against the 49ers. 

17 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

OBJ is not playing in Buffalo.  I doubt he plays for anyone this year.  That is his second ACL injury.  He had surgery just a few months ago and he is very injury prone.  Last three seasons he has played 7 games, 6 games, and 8 games and they weren't very productive.  4 or his last five years he has been nothing but a 300 yard per season receiver.  

He'll play for somebody from December on.  If you don't think he made a huge difference to the Rams last year, i don't know what to tell you.  Before he got hurt in the SB he was the MVP of the SB

5 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He'll play for somebody from December on.  If you don't think he made a huge difference to the Rams last year, i don't know what to tell you.  Before he got hurt in the SB he was the MVP of the SB

He had surgery in early 2022.  The Rams might sign him, but his agent isn't letting him sign a contract for a few weeks of play.  He waits and he gets a real deal from someone in the offseason.  

Edited by Bills2022
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

He had surgery in early 2022.  The Rams might sign him, but his agent isn't letting him sign a contract for a few weeks of play.  He waits and he gets a real deal from someone in the offseason.  

We'll see. I tend to think that when he's healthy, if a team that has a realistic chance to make a deep playoff run wants him and he expects to get significant targets, he'll go for it.

49 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Here we are waiting for Tre and wondering how long it will take him to ramp up and get back to speed after tearing his ACL on Thanksgiving.  Now here is a WR who tore his ACL in the SB and people seem to assume he is some savior from our injuries, I just dont see it.  Not to mention the BIlls are second in passing yards and TD passes.  We are worried about depth and we should be in the near term but McKenzie and Davis should get healthy, Crowder is done for a while but do we need to panic buy?

But what would be his rate? Is a 1 year, $8-$10 million a "panic buy?" Hardly.

Also, last week we were down to 3 healthy **active** WR's available for the game. Depth is important, and the rate we're sustaining injuries isn't a great sign. Davis is still not 100% either, so we don't have a legitimate #2. 

With Knox not being nearly as productive as last season either, it's smart to look for additional talent to help the passing game. 

32 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

This is wrong on so many levels. He hasn't played 7, 6 & 8 games over the last 3 years. He's played 16, 7 & 14, the 6 & 8 games were from last year on 2 separate teams. 1 of those years was a 1,000 yard season. Also was very good in the playoffs last year catching 21 of 26 targets for 288 yards and 2 TDs. He had 9 catches for 113 yards in the NFC championship game against the 49ers. 

Wrong.  While I was wrong about last year, he did not play in 14 games in 2019. He played in ZERO games.  His stats over the last three years are terrible. 

Over the last three regular seasons.  

21 total games. (7 games per year)

857 yards total. (285 yards per year)

8 TD's. (2.7 TD per year)

Take out his year he didn't play, 2019, and his 2020 and 2021 stats are still awful.

His last two seasons

11.5 games per year.

428 yards per season.

4 TD's per season.

Edited by Bills2022

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Wrong.  While I was wrong about last year, he did not play in 14 games in 2019. He played in ZERO games.  His stats over the last three years are terrible. 

Take out his year he didn't play, 2019, and his 2020 and 2021 stats are still awful.

Once again you're wrong. He played 16 games in 2019 and had 74 Catches for 1,035 yards. Unless multiple sites, with the same info, are wrong.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16733/odell-beckham-jr

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

So the stats you gave for games played per year, total yards,, average yards per season,  total TDs & average TDs per season are all wrong.

13 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

His last two seasons

11.5 games per year.

428 yards per season.

4 TD's per season.

Did your biology degree from a Cracker Jack box tell you that?

Edited by Draconator

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Not even that but is he even healthy?!? 

He could be towards the tail end of the regular season and be good for a playoff run, but he knows teams are looking.  I actually think he wants to remain in LA and he's traveling around touring other teams facilities and hinting he's willing to move on social media in order to be able to drive up his price for the Rams.  The Rams need him.  They aren't doing great on offense right now at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.