Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

11 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Giants lead the league in rushing and are 31st in the league in passing.  I would have no idea why he would ever want to go back to the Giants.

Because its a huge market and there's going to be a change at QB after this season-

Just now, Billz4ever said:

And that change in QB is going to be....???

If he actually cared about a huge market, he'd simply stay in LA.

That QB will without a doubt be an upgrade over Daniel Jones. 

I'd think because he wants to test the waters and see how much teams are willing to offer.

If NY Giants aren't in consideration it would make no sense to go and workout for them.

4 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

I used to assume LA, but the way Stafford is playing I wouldn't be so sure. That being said, Allen Robinson has looked terrible and Stafford has to be looking at Higbee and Cupp way more than he should need to be. Maybe OBJ sees himself as the missing piece? New Orleans is not worth investigating if he wants to win, TB has the emotionally effected Brady and the Giants......what?!! 

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I used to assume LA, but the way Stafford is playing I wouldn't be so sure. That being said, Allen Robinson has looked terrible and Stafford has to be looking at Higbee and Cupp way more than he should need to be. Maybe OBJ sees himself as the missing piece? New Orleans is not worth investigating if he wants to win, TB has the emotionally effected Brady and the Giants......what?!! 

Why wouldn't NY Giants be an option? They are 3-1 and seem to be a franchise that is finally moving forward. Seems that they're missing a decent QB and I'd expect that to be addressed either in draft or signing when season ends.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd think because he wants to test the waters and see how much teams are willing to offer.

If NY Giants aren't in consideration it would make no sense to go and workout for them.

I don’t think this year is about money….this year. I think it’s all about finding a good fit and showcasing that he is healthy and what he is capable of. This year is about setting him up for a new contract NEXT year, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Why wouldn't NY Giants be an option? They are 3-1 and seem to be a franchise that is finally moving forward. Seems that they're missing a decent QB and I'd expect that to be addressed either in draft or signing when season ends.

Do you think OBJ is signing a deal to be a piece of the long term puzzle or to win? 

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Do you think OBJ is signing a deal to be a piece of the long term puzzle or to win? 

Don't know. What I do think is that since ODB is working out for NY Giants then they must be in consideration.

He blew up his knee about 9-10 weeks after Tre' did, so figure he'll be at least that far behind Tre's return. That would put him maybe early January before he's ready. He might decide getting completely healthy is a better idea.

During MNF they seemed pretty confident that he wants to return to the Rams, I'm guessing he likes that Beverly Hills lifestyle.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If the Giants keep winning, they aren't going to be in a position to get a good QB and to assume whomever they plug in at QB is going to drastically improve them is pure speculation.  Good QBs in this league do not grow on trees...something a Bills fan of all people, should understand.

If anything, he's simply making it look like he having thoughts of leaving just to try and drive up the price for LA. To sell that, he'd have to go visit other teams, even if he never had any intention of signing with them.

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Has previously claimed that he would go back.

Upgrading from Daniel Jones won't be difficult at all-

https://gmenhq.com/2022/08/25/odell-beckham-ny-giants-return-instagram-comment/

Where in there is he claiming he would go back? Literally all he said is, "we'll see".  And you're literally making my point for me.  If his plans were simply to make it appear he's thinking about leaving to drive up the price for LA, social media posts like that and visiting other teams is exactly what you would do to sell it. 

And you still never explained where the Giants are going to get this good QB from.  

1 minute ago, wppete said:

First off is OBJ healthy??? And if so when can he return??? Let’s start there. Next do we have a spot and do we have the money???

Q1. We have no idea.

Q2. We have no idea.

Q3. We have no idea, but based on current cap space and how we are over the cap by $7.5M next year, I'm leaning towards a no.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not everyone who sustain a ACL tear are on Tres time line…. And I wonder if Tre had a set back. He’s already approaching 10 months post op and hadn’t practiced yet…

True, but considering he blew out the same knee two years running, I'm guessing he'll be a little more cautious.

The same ACL tear in back to back years

Broken Ankle

Hip issues

thigh and hammy issues

Seems to be on the fragile side

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.