Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This thread is ridiculous. The trade will never happen. No way in hell for that pre Madonna. 

The trade will never happen because he's a free agent. 

I'm not a big fan of it anyway considering what his asking price is probably going to be.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

True, but considering he blew out the same knee two years running, I'm guessing he'll be a little more cautious.

The same ACL tear in back to back years

Broken Ankle

Hip issues

thigh and hammy issues

Seems to be on the fragile side

Tua thinks he’s a rugged beast with no idea what the word fragile even means!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

First off is OBJ healthy??? And if so when can he return??? Let’s start there. Next do we have a spot and do we have the money???

He's not going to be ready until November of even December.

If the Bills were interested, it would be because they do have an opening for him.

He signed with LA last November for $1.25M, but he made another $3M in incentives.

If he wants the same type of deal, I doubt the Bills would do it unless they were really hurting.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Where in there is he claiming he would go back? Literally all he said is, "we'll see".  And you're literally making my point for me.  If his plans were simply to make it appear he's thinking about leaving to drive up the price for LA, social media posts like that and visiting other teams is exactly what you would do to sell it. 

And you still never explained where the Giants are going to get this good QB from.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if they grabbed Jimmy G as a placeholder if they win themselves out of solid draft capital. His tenure in NE overlaps with Daboll, so they likely have a familiarity along with Jimmy G having a basic understanding of Daboll’s system/methodology. 

Listen to what Von had to say today.

He said he chats with OBJ about once a week and keeps in touch with him.

He said when things get serious, he knows where OBJ is going to end up, implying Buffalo.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/von-miller-and-his-continued-recruitment-of-obj-1528925298

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Listen to what Von had to say today.

He said he chats with OBJ about once a week and keeps in touch with him.

He said when things get serious, he knows where OBJ is going to end up, implying Buffalo.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/von-miller-and-his-continued-recruitment-of-obj-1528925298

Personally, I didn't view his comments as any kind of implication of Buffalo being the place that OBJ ends up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Here we are waiting for Tre and wondering how long it will take him to ramp up and get back to speed after tearing his ACL on Thanksgiving.  Now here is a WR who tore his ACL in the SB and people seem to assume he is some savior from our injuries, I just dont see it.  Not to mention the BIlls are second in passing yards and TD passes.  We are worried about depth and we should be in the near term but McKenzie and Davis should get healthy, Crowder is done for a while but do we need to panic buy?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Would McD be willing to even play him? He seems to like players who have been in the system and “earned their snaps”. A WR with his reputation even as a very late season addition could be an asset, but I’m skeptical that it comes to fruition.

OBJ is not playing in Buffalo.  I doubt he plays for anyone this year.  That is his second ACL injury.  He had surgery just a few months ago and he is very injury prone.  Last three seasons he has played 7 games, 6 games, and 8 games and they weren't very productive.  4 or his last five years he has been nothing but a 300 yard per season receiver.  

• Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Rams and Saints both make more sense to me as destinations than the Bills.

The Rams because they've been staying in regular contact with him and clearly WANT to re-sign him, and it's L.A.

The Saints because he played at LSU and may want to return to Louisiana and to reunite with Jarvis Landry.

Personally, I don't think the Bills are going to be willing (or able) to pay him what he likely thinks he's worth. AND, I don't think he's worth what he's going to be commanding money-wise at this point in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.