Jump to content

the Punt god


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:The kick left Araiza’s foot at the Bills’ 8-yard line and landed at the Colts’ 14-yard line,


It traveled 78 yards in the air.


it then rolled 15 into the EZ. 

 

where did the magic 6 yards come from?

 

 


punt from bills 18 for touchback. 100 - 18 = 82.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 10:11 PM, The Jokeman said:

The problem is will Araiza out kick his coverage as teams learn to adjust where to put their return man. 

The guy kicked it like 70+yards in the air. I mean, think of it this way. He can kick it so far, that pretty much anytime we are even up to our 30 yard line and forced to punt, we can pretty much count on him to make it a touchback every time. 
 

if you ask me, that sounds like this team doesn’t need to justify having so many special teams aces on the team. Who gives a crap if Jones or Kumerow are good/great gunners. It’s not going to matter when your punter is giving your defense an almost guaranteed 20 yard line start every single time. So let’s use those extra positions on players that might actually make a difference offensively and defensively. 

20 hours ago, TBBills said:

No rather you boot it out of the endzone. Never having to worry about a punt return is a million times better than anything you can hope for.

 

The Bills aren't punting unless they are stuck deep in their own territory and that is what The Punt God  will do, force the team to start from the 25 no matter what.

This is what I’m talking about 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrags said:

The guy kicked it like 70+yards in the air. I mean, think of it this way. He can kick it so far, that pretty much anytime we are even up to our 30 yard line and forced to punt, we can pretty much count on him to make it a touchback every time. 
 

if you ask me, that sounds like this team doesn’t need to justify having so many special teams aces on the team. Who gives a crap if Jones or Kumerow are good/great gunners. It’s not going to matter when your punter is giving your defense an almost guaranteed 20 yard line start every single time. So let’s use those extra positions on players that might actually make a difference offensively and defensively. 

This is what I’m talking about 

You're banking on him punting it 70 plus yards every time as justification for not needing good/great gunners?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our roster is so deep now, it makes complete sense to use two 6th RD picks in the last two years for a fantastic kicker and now a GOD at Punter.  It definitely adds so much to flipping the field when we do have to punt.  It’s a great day when we never see Ariaza, like the Cheats game.  When we do need him, he’ll deliver.  I don’t expect him to punt every time over 80 yards, but it’s good to know he can do what 31 other punters have never demonstrated in regular games.  The most I’ve seen in the past is in the 60’s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, Victory Formation said:

Thanks dude! I’m just saying, we’re essentially calling someone who plays the least most important position in football “God”.

 

That’s rediculous.

It’s a take on Chris Paul being “The Point God.” That became a thing 10-15 years ago. This was just a clever pun to recognize, arguably, the most gifted punter ever.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mrags said:

The guy kicked it like 70+yards in the air. I mean, think of it this way. He can kick it so far, that pretty much anytime we are even up to our 30 yard line and forced to punt, we can pretty much count on him to make it a touchback every time. 
 

if you ask me, that sounds like this team doesn’t need to justify having so many special teams aces on the team. Who gives a crap if Jones or Kumerow are good/great gunners. It’s not going to matter when your punter is giving your defense an almost guaranteed 20 yard line start every single time. So let’s use those extra positions on players that might actually make a difference offensively and defensively. 

This is what I’m talking about 

The thing is the Bills' elite special teamers are holding positions like 6th string WR, 5th string LB, 5th string RB and 5th string CB.  These aren't positions that make a difference on offense or defense, or at least we damn well hope they don't.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


it’s a new math. 😝 
 

Oops 4 yards. 
 


78 became to 82 


That’s what I thought. Wasn’t sure if I was missing something. 
 

But as Ralonzo said, it was measured from the LOS (18) to where it ends up. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s a take on Chris Paul bring “The Point God.” That became a thing 10-15 years ago. This was just a clever pun to recognize, arguably, the most gifted punter ever.

Yep, just wait until it’s freezing rain in November. We’ll then get to see if he’s really a god. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Yep, just wait until it’s freezing rain in November. We’ll then get to see if he’s really a god. 


Since he’s a god, he’ll part the rain and then boot it. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While we don't punt that much anymore, it has been a weakness in the past few years.

 

This guy is a game changer.  When you can stall deep in your own territory, then turn around and pin the other team deep in theirs, it's almost an unprecedented special teams advantage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

The thing is the Bills' elite special teamers are holding positions like 6th string WR, 5th string LB, 5th string RB and 5th string CB.  These aren't positions that make a difference on offense or defense, or at least we damn well hope they don't.  

Trade the 6th string WR for ODB and it does. Trade the 5th string CB for Lewis or Benford and it does. And we will not carry 5 RBs unless you count Gilliam as a RB which he isn’t. So you are keeping Motor, Moss, Cook, Jones, and Gilliam at FB? Gtfooh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Trade the 6th string WR for ODB and it does. Trade the 5th string CB for Lewis or Benford and it does. And we will not carry 5 RBs unless you count Gilliam as a RB which he isn’t. So you are keeping Motor, Moss, Cook, Jones, and Gilliam at FB? Gtfooh. 

Here's the problem with what you are saying...if the Bills bring in OBJ it wouldn't be Kumerow that gets bumped at WR, it would more likely be whoever the low man in the actual receiver rotation after the signing (Crowder?).   What value does a player like Crowder provide behind Diggs/Davis/OBJ/McKenzie/Shakir?  Kumerow's ST contributions are much greater.

 

Siran Neal actually contributes as big nickle and the Bills clearly value him based on the contract they just gave him this offseason.  I have Taron, Jackson, Elam and Benford ahead of him (assuming Tre is not available) and Neal beats out Cam Lewis for the final CB spot. 

 

I certainly do count Gilliam as one of the RB's and I would be surprised if the don't keep five...likely the five you mention in Motor, Cook, Moss, Taiwan and Gilliam.  Doesn't mean they are all active on game day by any means, but they are all making this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Here's the problem with what you are saying...if the Bills bring in OBJ it wouldn't be Kumerow that gets bumped at WR, it would more likely be whoever the low man in the actual receiver rotation after the signing (Crowder?).   What value does a player like Crowder provide behind Diggs/Davis/OBJ/McKenzie/Shakir?  Kumerow's ST contributions are much greater.

 

Siran Neal actually contributes as big nickle and the Bills clearly value him based on the contract they just gave him this offseason.  I have Taron, Jackson, Elam and Benford ahead of him (assuming Tre is not available) and Neal beats out Cam Lewis for the final CB spot. 

 

I certainly do count Gilliam as one of the RB's and I would be surprised if the don't keep five...likely the five you mention in Motor, Cook, Moss, Taiwan and Gilliam.  Doesn't mean they are all active on game day by any means, but they are all making this team.

Well. You and I have different opinions on some of this. I think Kumerow is pretty much a wasted roster spot. Especially when you have a kicker that has the ability to boot it out of the end zone and now a punter who can boot it out of the end zone. I’d save the roster spot for a real WR that actually contributes in offense. His 8 catches or whatever it is in the last 2 years isn’t impressing anyone. But hey, he has great hair and looks like Jesus so he must be great. 
 

I agree with Neal and I do not suggest removing him from the roster. 
 

Jones I feel just the same as I do about Kumerow. He’s a wasted roster spot at the position. He will literally never get on the field as a RB. All your doing is costing Moss a game day roster spot because they aren’t going to dress 5 RBs ever. You said it yourself. 
 

all this, especially when you have young guys like Bernard, Spector, Benford and Shakir on your roster that can all contribute on special teams. 
 

time to rid yourself of players that don’t do anything well except STs. They are costing you roster spots for real players that actually contribute on offense and defense as well. Also getting rid of large contract players like Matekevich. There’s almost no reason he should be making 3.2m. Between him and Jones, If you cut both you would save over 4m in cap. Add another 900k for Kumerow. I’d take that 5m and sign ODB in a heartbeat. OR… use that money to help sign Poyer or Edmunds. 
 

but hey, neither of us are the teams GM or HC so we won’t have a say regardless. 

Edited by mrags
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


which is technically incorrect 

 

it s/b from where the ball 🏈 leaves the foot 🦶 

Really?  They don’t count passing yards from where the QB throws the ball from, now do they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...