Orlando Brown wants 25 mill/yr?

YoloinOhio

As a Bills fan, I say that sounds low and they should probably pay him $30 Mil/year to be sure he’s REALLY happy.  :)

They had to know he’d want a new deal when trading for him. I wonder if they had any idea just what he’d want that deal to look like. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

As a Bills fan, I say that sounds low and they should probably pay him $30 Mil/year to be sure he’s REALLY happy.  :)

They had to know he’d want a new deal when trading for him. I wonder if they had any idea just what he’d want that deal to look like. 

So they were somewhat criticized at the time for trading for him without a new deal in place. It’s the reason he was traded in the first place. Ravens didn’t want to pay him. Chiefs were desperate at LT when Eric fisher got hurt/old . But now looks like could have been a (costly) band aid. When you do that, the player has all the leverage. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I mean, KC had to know what the top of the market looks like with the Williams and Bakhtiari deals don’t they?

2 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Pffftt... HOUSE says hold my beer, let me get my wallet.

If only @HOUSE could remember where he parked the damn car! 

HINT: your phone will help you with that. I’m not too ashamed to say I’ve used that map feature. It has saved me from having to wait until there was only one car left in the parking lot. 

KC gave up too much to just walk away, painting themselves into a corner. What kind of meltdown would we have here if Beane made a move like that? He’d have to go into WitSec! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Do I hear 35, 40?  We’ll played Augster.

By all means, please keep driving insane salaries so they have to purge or go bankrupt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How much better were they with him last year?

Dude is looking at his 3rd team in 3 years…

I think the real question is how much worse would they have been without him?  Maybe one play at a critical time? Maybe in a certain playoff game???

I don’t blame the guy for wanting to get paid. I’m just glad this is the Chief’s problem. This one appears to have been misplayed by KC who gave up all their leverage without locking the player down. This does not feel very “Beane-esque”. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.