Jordan Palmer says Josh Allen is "the most talented player to ever play quarterback"

extrahammer

On 7/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks Rico! Still earlier to tell if Josh will officially pass EJ this season but it’s trending in that direction. Allen looks pretty decent though. 😁

after years of defending awful bills qbs, I can’t believe the guy who couldn’t make 1st or 2nd team all conference at Wyoming is finally the man. We deserve this and it doesn’t seem real. I love Allen, Beane, and Sean. 

Life got crazy and honestly, the Bills are so good, I have nothing to complain about. It’s kinda boring rooting for an awesome team again. 😎

Ouch. Deserved, but ouch nonetheless. We have a coaching staff that is run first, second, and chuck it downfield on 3rd.

welp.... Hell hath frozen over. Even the most punchable face on TV claims Allen is the only qb that has a real argument against mahomes for top dog.

Must have gotten bored of trolling the mafia. looks like he's getting ready to go to war with the cheeseheads this year.

..... looks like Keyshawn is now the biggest Allen troll in the media now. He was squawking the other day about how out of the top 5 ranked qb's that espn just put out, allens team is the only one that doesnt win because of him. Claimed he was just inserted into a good spot 🙄

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

.... looks like Keyshawn is now the biggest Allen troll in the media now. He was squawking the other day about how out of the top 5 ranked qb's that espn just put out, allens team is the only one that doesnt win because of him. Claimed he was just inserted into a good spot 🙄

Since I began working from home (and stopped commuting an hour each morning), I no longer listen to ESPN Radio.  I always enjoyed Keyshawn Johnson, but I've also always been perplexed at how much he digs in on his anti-Josh Allen stance.

To say that the Bills don't win because of Josh Allen is nothing short of stupid.  And I don't think Keyshawn Johnson is a stupid person, so this is an obvious troll job.

I remember Golic digging in on Mahomes not being the real deal.  But that lasted like one season before he backed down.

Johnson is riding this wave way too long.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Since I began working from home (and stopped commuting an hour each morning), I no longer listen to ESPN Radio.  I always enjoyed Keyshawn Johnson, but I've also always been perplexed at how much he digs in on his anti-Josh Allen stance.

To say that the Bills don't win because of Josh Allen is nothing short of stupid.  And I don't think Keyshawn Johnson is a stupid person, so this is an obvious troll job.

I remember Golic digging in on Mahomes not being the real deal.  But that lasted like one season before he backed down.

Johnson is riding this wave way too long.

it was such an absurd statement that all i could do is laugh when he said it.... he's picked an odd hill to die on when it comes to allen. its running on over 2 years now.

EDIT: found it. at the 8 minute mark.... As if Mahomes, Rodgers, and Brady havnt been in nearly perfect situations over the last 2 years. What the h*ll are we doing here, Keyshawn?

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

“Good solid seasons”

Keyshawn has been the worst ESPN personality since he’s been there.  Although, listening to him talk about hoops is usually worth a couple laughs.  His takes are that bad.  

Not sure how he has a job and I expeft

him to be looking for a new network when his current contract expires. 

Edited by NewEra

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“Good solid seasons”

Keyshawn has been the worst ESPN personality since he’s been there.  Although, listening to him talk about hoops is usually worth a couple laughs.  His takes are that bad.  

"I dont believe that Josh Allen was the reason that they were in the position they were in"..... Can you imagine watching the divisional game with a pair of actual eyeballs and they uttering that statement?... like i said earlier. odd hill to wanna die on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

"I dont believe that Josh Allen was the reason that they were in the position they were in"..... Can you imagine watching the divisional game with a pair of actual eyeballs and they uttering that statement?... like i said earlier. odd hill to wanna die on.

The other two guys are just trying to maintain a rational conversation and Keyshawn keeps digging deeper, lol

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

welp.... Hell hath frozen over. Even the most punchable face on TV claims Allen is the only qb that has a real argument against mahomes for top dog.

Must have gotten bored of trolling the mafia. looks like he's getting ready to go to war with the cheeseheads this year.

..... looks like Keyshawn is now the biggest Allen troll in the media now. He was squawking the other day about how out of the top 5 ranked qb's that espn just put out, allens team is the only one that doesnt win because of him. Claimed he was just inserted into a good spot 🙄

Yeah, heard Johnson earlier this week say "yeah I saw how he played against the Chiefs.  They didn't win, did they?"  He credited Daboll and Diggs with his success, yet ignores that Mahomes will now be without Hill.  What a buffoon. 

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Seriously……,

he believes coaching and Beane acquiring Diggs had more to do with their success than Allen…… he must have missed the divisional playoff game

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Seriously……,

he believes coaching and Beane acquiring Diggs had more to do with their success than Allen…… he must have missed the divisional playoff game

He's so bad it's unwatchable speaking for myself. I get sometimes the talking heads state things that are nonsense at times to get ratings, attention etc, but his attempts are so far off base it just makes him look pretty stupid.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I'm nitpicking here, but it's a slight insult to place Herbert on par with Allen. Like really, the QB from Los Angeles has to work less hard for accolades than the QB from Buffalo? Transparent media BS. I say it because Herbert gets way too much fawning for a guy with 2 years in the league. He should be on par with Burrow IMO, well below Allen.

None of these guys at the top, with the arguable exception of Rodgers, have gone through half of Allen's adversity. They are placed in perfect situations. Brady would've retired 3 years ago if he didn't have a perfect situation to walk into. Stafford was in no-mans land for a decade before being traded to a perfect situation with the Rams. Now he's some top QB? Mahomes is going to need to prove he is still Mahomes without Tyreek and an older Kelce. 

As for Nick Wright, he's a narcissistic clown that would do anything for attention. No character. His opinion should be ignored, since being ignored is his worst nightmare. Same goes for Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless. Keyshawn Johnson is just an idiot reading a script. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah, heard Johnson earlier this week say "yeah I saw how he played against the Chiefs.  They didn't win, did they?"  He credited Daboll and Diggs with his success, yet ignores that Mahomes will now be without Hill.  What a buffoon. 

Yeah, it's either a shtick given to him by producers (who are the puppetmasters of these talking heads) or it's a petty person desperate to not be wrong. Should be ignored regardless. They have less and less bad things to say every year as Allen achieves more and more success. 

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Yeah, it's either a shtick given to him by producers (who are the puppetmasters of these talking heads) or it's a petty person desperate to not be wrong. Should be ignored regardless. They have less and less bad things to say every year as Allen achieves more and more success. 

I think it's a shtick.  And .. just as with Nick Wright .. it seems to be working.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Josh is the most physically imposing QB of all time … he has Russell level arm strength… can throw on the run like rodgers in his prime… Can shrug off DTs like Big Ben… and can run like Travis Kelce 

I actually like that comp, never thought about it that way before. His style is definitely different for a QB, which is why I don't mind him going out for the occasional pass as well.  Just please please please avoid contact when you can.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Seriously. Josh Allen does more for his team than literally any other QB in the league. He is asked to do more than any other QB. Such an ignorant statement. The success of the offense is squarely on his shoulders unlike any QB we have probably ever seen in the game.

I know the coaching staff and the GM are good and have done a good job in their respective realms, but you can say the exact same thing about Mahomes in KC, and they have better coaching than the Bills.

Anyway, he is an idiot. I don't know why he is keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper, but he is just plain wrong about Josh Allen and almost everyone disagrees with him now.

4 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I'm nitpicking here, but it's a slight insult to place Herbert on par with Allen. Like really, the QB from Los Angeles has to work less hard for accolades than the QB from Buffalo? Transparent media BS. I say it because Herbert gets way too much fawning for a guy with 2 years in the league. He should be on par with Burrow IMO, well below Allen.

None of these guys at the top, with the arguable exception of Rodgers, have gone through half of Allen's adversity. They are placed in perfect situations. Brady would've retired 3 years ago if he didn't have a perfect situation to walk into. Stafford was in no-mans land for a decade before being traded to a perfect situation with the Rams. Now he's some top QB? Mahomes is going to need to prove he is still Mahomes without Tyreek and an older Kelce. 

As for Nick Wright, he's a narcissistic clown that would do anything for attention. No character. His opinion should be ignored, since being ignored is his worst nightmare. Same goes for Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless. Keyshawn Johnson is just an idiot reading a script. 

I think most people didn't think Herbert would be any good and the low expectations have colored most people's impressions of him..  If Josh had an offense around him like Herbert did as a rookie and he played well, they'd be fawning over him as well.  Instead (to them) it was 2 seasons of validating what they believed and then coaching (magically making him better) and Diggs. :rolleyes:

As for Keyshawn, he's just a moron.  I don't think anyone has to tell him to be one.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

“Good solid seasons”

I generally agree with you, except he has some strong completion from The Booger. Also a complete moron, and I’ll never get over his insistence that the crack back block penalty on Cody Ford was legit. You know, the penalty the league later apologized for. 

As a runner-up, how about Marshall Faulk? Was he the one who said our top need was LT, when the only Pro Bowl player on our team was Jason Peters? Does ESPN not vet these guys at all? Or do they just not care? 

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

I generally agree with you, except he has some strong completion from The Booger. Also a complete moron, and I’ll never get over his insistence that the crack back block penalty on Cody Ford was legit. You know, the penalty the league later apologized for. 

As a runner-up, how about Marshall Faulk? Was he the one who said our top need was LT, when the only Pro Bowl player on our team was Jason Peters? Does ESPN not vet these guys at all? Or do they just not care? 

Agreed about Booger and his takes.  He’s terrible.  I think Keyshawn is worse because he’s on every day and makes stupid comments each day.  I rarely see Booger.

Faulk is was an NFLN iirc. I do agree though…..he’s the 2nd all time worst, behind Emmitt

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

2 qbs beat Ne in Ne last year.  The list is Mahomes and Allen. Every big time got to have it play New England stopped the play.  Allen just made one.  Thats what makes him and Mahomes on another level.  You got em the defense won.  Mahomes and Allen say nope and pick up 3rd down or pick up 30 yards.  Brady and Rodgers now end up sacked or checked down. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.