Jordan Palmer says Josh Allen is "the most talented player to ever play quarterback"

extrahammer

I believe Palmer is correct.

In terms of sheer physical talent — arm strength, size, power, mobility, speed, jumping ability — I can’t think of anyone that’s ever been clearly superior to Josh Allen.

Combine all of that with elite work ethic, competitiveness, and leadership ability, and you have the ingredients for a Hall of Famer.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know if you could say "most ever" in this early stage of his career. But he definitely could be at some point. 

He's not saying he's the best/most accomplished/successful QB ever, he's saying he's the most talented so far, and I think that's a fair argument to make with how Josh has thrown and run the ball at this point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10

Has all the tools you need to be an elite All-Pro type QB and the great thing for us and terrifying for everyone else around the league is that he is still only 26 years old, really in football terms not even hit his prime yet. I usually do not buy players jersey's, preferring just to put my own last name on the back.

But I bought his.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dan Darragh said:

What about JaMarcus Russell?

Probably at home scarfing down some Big Mac's while watching his draft night video for about the thousandth time and with tears coming down his face.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dan Darragh said:

What about JaMarcus Russell?

Jamarcus had the physical size and arm strength but he didn’t run like Travis Kelce 

Josh is the most physically imposing QB of all time … he has Russell level arm strength… can throw on the run like rodgers in his prime… Can shrug off DTs like Big Ben… and can run like Travis kelce 

• Like (+1) 12

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jamarcus had the physical size and arm strength but he didn’t run like Travis Kelce 

Josh is the most physically imposing QB of all time … he has Russell level arm strength… can throw on the run like rodgers in his prime… Can shrug off DTs like Big Ben… and can run like Travis kelce 

Travis Kelce?  Interesting comp.  What QB would be a good comparison?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Travis Kelce?  Interesting comp.  What QB would be a good comparison?

I’m saying the way he runs is physically imposing like a TE like Travis Kelce

I can’t think of a quarterback besides Tim Tebow Who was a successful power runner in the NFL at quarterback… and Tebow did it for like half a season

So Josh runs much more like a TE which is why it’s so effective 

he has an elite stiff arm… not even for a QB, for a Football player

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I believe Palmer is correct.

In terms of sheer physical talent — arm strength, size, power, mobility, speed, jumping ability — I can’t think of anyone that’s ever been clearly superior to Josh Allen.

Combine all of that with elite work ethic, competitiveness, and leadership ability, and you have the ingredients for a Hall of Famer.

But, but Lamar 

🙄 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

No I’m saying the way he runs is physically imposing like Travis Kelce

I’m not saying he’s the Travis Kelce of quarterbacks

No I know you were saying he runs like Kelce.  But every other comp was a QB. 

However if I were to compare him to someone, Jim Brown keeps coming to my mind.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

No I know you were saying he runs like Kelce.  But every other comp was a QB. 

However if I were to compare him to someone, Jim Brown keeps coming to my mind.

I understand you.. I was able to figure out other comparisons for everything else that I said

As for his running style I couldn’t think of a quarterback.. But I kept thinking he runs like a really smooth TE 

The way he blends power and speed and agility… His cut back ability is literally running back level 

He can move the pile or go over it

It is Jim Brown esq

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I understand you.. I was able to figure out other comparisons for everything else that I said

As for his running style I couldn’t think of a quarterback.. But I kept thinking he runs like a really smooth TE 

The way he blends power and speed and agility… His cut back ability is literally running back level 

He can move the pile or go over it

It is Jim Brown esq

He doesn't have track speed like Lamar or Michael Vick, but once he gets going he is really fast...like run away from LBs with ease fast to the point it's like he almost surprises them sometimes with their angles they take early in games until they realize there is no way they are going to catch him and adjust after

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.