Jordan Palmer says Josh Allen is "the most talented player to ever play quarterback"

extrahammer

18 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He threw for 66 yards in the NFL, more than anyone on this board combined.   What's your point?

Does NFL Madden count? 

Asking for a friend who is on this board 😂

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Vick didn't have that arm strength??  

lol stop.

Don’t act like Vick 💯 had a better arm than Allen. Vicks is up there, but I think Allen has the best arm I’ve ever seen.  

6 hours ago, Since1981 said:

There are maybe 9 people that originally believed Josh had “it”. They deserve to remind us. Palmer was one of them. I liked Josh near draft because he did seem to be under coached, underdog, under played, nice kid… a calculated risk worth taking for BUF, but did not expect top 5 QB

Palmer believes in everyone who sends him a check.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And Allen may have the biggest arm you or I have seen.  Plus he’s a mountain of a man that can see the field better and is more difficult to bring down. Vick wasn’t a tackle breaker, he made people miss.  Josh does both.  

Vick was the most explosive athletic qB I’ve ever seen.  But with regards to being the most physically talented to play qb, size has to come into the equation. 

Regarding Rodgers, yes, he’s big enough to be the best qb ever.  I don’t think he’s big or fast enough to be the most physically talented.  

regarding Mahomes- yeah, he’s up there alright.  Josh is a mutant.  

I’m quite confidant that many non bills fans agree with the take that Josh is the most talented qb ever.  I’ve heard it first hand at one of my my fantasy football drafts last year.  We had this conversation and out of 16 owners, 3 owners disagreed.  2 Falcons fans said Vick was and 1 bronco fan said Elway was. 15 owners laughed the bronco fan out of the bar.  He’s built different 

The guys you mentioned are extremely talented, but we’ll agree to disagree.  Josh is a different kind a beast.  Much different.

JA isn't an order of magnitude bigger than either Mahomes or Rodgers.  He's actually leaner (lower BMI) than Mahomes.   And Palmer didn't say exclusively physically talented.  Rodgers's game doesn't lack anything that 2-3 more inches of height would bring.  Height isn't a talent anyway.

I don't see a huge gap between Josh and Mahomes at the position so far.  JA has carried the ball over 200 more times than Mahomes.  If Reid ran Mahomes like that they would have similar rushing numbers at 5.0 vs 5.5 per carry.  

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, very early on when people kept trying to compare Josh to Cam Newton (which some still foolishly do), I kept pushing back and saying no, thats the wrong comparison.  Maybe in the ability to run with strength, but all comparisons stopped there.  For me, since Josh's rookie year, the real comparison was always Steve Young.  

Not sure how old everyone is here, but at 45 (soon to be 46 on Monday) I got to watch Steve Youngs career as I lived in the Central Valley of CA during that time.  And he IMHO is an all time great QB and was one of the funnest QB's to watch of his time.  He was an elite QB first and foremost, who could kill your defense at a moments notice with his legs, extend plays, and throw with precision on the run.  

Everything about Josh Allens game reminds me a lot of young in terms of style...but Allen just has an even bigger arm and an even more gifted and powerful runner.  But stylistically I think they are similar players.

And truth be told, I think Josh Allen has the potential to be a lot better than even Steve Young was.  I am not gonna get ahead of myself here, but just looking at his trajectory, talent, unique abilities, and his constant improvement...Josh has the potential to reach top 5 all time discussions by the time his career is over.  Doesn't mean he will get there, its gonna take sustained success, consistency, good health, and probably more than one SB title to enter top 5 discussions.  But, its not often you can talk about a young player and see a path to where he could be top 5 all time. 

For example...I can look around the league and see younger or veteran guys who have pro-bowl or even HOF potential...but not many you can look at and say, this guy could finish top 5 all time potentially when his career is over.  Few show that type of potential...guys like Mahomes and Allen do though.  

Happy birthday Dawg! 🙂

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Don’t act like Vick 💯 had a better arm than Allen. Vicks is up there, but I think Allen has the best arm I’ve ever seen.  

His arm strength is on par with JA.  Go back and watch Vick with the flick of his wrist throw 50 yards.  None of the rigorously practiced and Jordan Palmer-crafted windup----just a tiny movement of his hand.

recency bias...

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His arm strength is on par with JA.  Go back and watch Vick with the flick of his wrist throw 50 yards.  None of the rigorously practiced and Jordan Palmer-crafted windup----just a tiny movement of his hand.

recency bias...

Allen is bigger and stronger than Vick. That is the separating factor resulting in Allen being the better athlete. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

JA isn't an order of magnitude bigger than either Mahomes or Rodgers.  He's actually leaner (lower BMI) than Mahomes.   And Palmer didn't say exclusively physically talented.  Rodgers's game doesn't lack anything that 2-3 more inches of height would bring.  Height isn't a talent anyway.

I don't see a huge gap between Josh and Mahomes at the position so far.  JA has carried the ball over 200 more times than Mahomes.  If Reid ran Mahomes like that they would have similar rushing numbers at 5.0 vs 5.5 per carry.  

Well if you can see into the pretend world and know that he’d have similar rushing numbers then I’m allowed to see into pretend world and know that he’d be injured if he ran that much.  

did you listen to the interview?  He makes solid points.  But I’m sure it’s just to plug himself and doesn’t think there’s any truth to it 

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

recency bias...

I’ve watched plenty of Vick.  I think Josh has a bigger arm 

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

recency bias...

Josh Allen can throw Micheal Vick 60 yards with the flick of the wrist 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

recency bias...

So what? His accuracy was poor.

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

recency bias...

Recency bias? Living in ATL, I watched Vick play every week with the Falcons, am plenty familiar with the amazing on field exploits. But Allen is otherworldly, don’t care about what metric you want to judge that by. If you still want to pick Vick over Allen from a tools standpoint when picking your QB, then I applaud your maverick against the grain thinking. 🙂

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

2 minute mark, Acho, says he’s the “most talented”.  He says so in a very matter of fact way.  He just hasn’t earned “the best” yet.  

Exactly

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well if you can see into the pretend world and know that he’d have similar rushing numbers then I’m allowed to see into pretend world and know that he’d be injured if he ran that much.  

did you listen to the interview?  He makes solid points.  But I’m sure it’s just to plug himself and doesn’t think there’s any truth to it 

listened to both.  I don';t doubt Palmer believes he's the best ever.  It certainly doesn't hurt business to say so.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly

listened to both.  I don';t doubt Palmer believes he's the best ever.  It certainly doesn't hurt business to say so.  

Exactly what?  Acho said he’s not the “best”….. but was sure that Josh was the most “talented”…… that is the topic at hand….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.