Roe vs Wade Overturned

51 minutes ago, Plano said:

Ever held a dead baby in your hands ?

I have .  Too many times.

Ever have to go out to the waiting room and tell parents that their infant has died ?

I have.

You can stay blind in your "Nobody can tell a woman what to do" closet. 

I am certainly not going to try and change your closed mind.

But you (and the goose) expose yourselves with "you don't really care about the baby" childishness.

You obviously have not tried to understand how the vast majority of people around the world think about the difficult subject of abortion.

You have your cliches and slogans and false precepts...........you are satisfied.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Ever held a dead baby in your hands ?

I have .  Too many times.

Ever have to go out to the waiting room and tell parents that their infant has died ?

I have.

You can stay blind in your "Nobody can tell a woman what to do" closet. 

I am certainly not going to try and change your closed mind.

But you (and the goose) expose yourselves with "you don't really care about the baby" childishness.

You obviously have not tried to understand how the vast majority of people around the world think about the difficult subject of abortion.

You have your cliches and slogans and false precepts...........you are satisfied.

I just can't with this clown.

YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT BABIES

image.thumb.jpeg.9dbb7112b0f2b5955b872c08bf722ecb.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Plano said:

Of course I know that. I also know a thing or two about a woman's body, too.

Which I'm sure you have zero experience with that.

Again, sod off. 

And it's not a discussion. You are an ass-hat if you think that governments controlling abortions= even REMOTELY acceptable.

Wow! This is a place for actual discussions…if you want to come on here and yell at someone may I suggest you go in the bathroom and scream really loud? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Womp womp

I never, ever would have expected this. In KANSAS!

More proof for the theory that Roe v. Wade gave legislators -- and even voters -- the cover to oppose the right to abortion in principle. Now it's not just a principle. It's real. And people are saying "leave us and our bodies alone."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I never, ever would have expected this. In KANSAS!

More proof for the theory that Roe v. Wade gave legislators -- and even voters -- the cover to oppose the right to abortion in principle. Now it's not just a principle. It's real. And people are saying "leave us and our bodies alone."

Told ya people are getting tired of the fringe manufacturing culture wars and playing games with peoples rights.

After four years of non stop purposeful disruption by Trump - people are fed up  with the BS.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:31 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

The best day for Democrats since both Georgia Senate races went their way in late 2020!

Republicans who love Trump because "he put pro-life conservatives on the Court": be careful what you wish for.

BINGO 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So … I take it you do not support any federal legislation outlawing or regulating abortion? Because that’s not what I’m seeing from most “pro-life activists.”

I’m not sure that I do or don’t Frank. What I know is that the Court should not be making legislation. The legislative branch however should. I’ve been saying  this ever since the decision came out. We should all allow the Process to work. Given time, I’ll put my faith in the legislative Process. It’s ugly for sure, but it tends to sort itself out. 

• Agree 2

On 8/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, Plano said:

Pot, kettle, kettle, pot. Now that you're properly introduced...

It is absolutely NONE of your ***** business as to what anyone does with their body. 

Now, please... YOU, sit down and shut up. 

The ship on complete bodily autonomy sailed a long time ago, maybe around  the time the wild, wild west was de-wilded, though it’s probably long before that. 

We have all sorts of rules and regulations that suggest that what someone does with their body is a matter of collective concern.  

If you have a point to make, settle down, breathe the air and if you’re over 21 years of age and can prove it with a government issued identification card, stop by a government-regulated beverage store, pick out a bottle of something with a kick to it, pay for it after calculating the government-approved tax, find a place to go and take the edge off.  Be sure to check local open container regulations if you plan to imbibe in public, and by all means don’t drink on your scooter and obey the laws set in place for the common good.   Come back when you’ve cooled off, you’ll be better for it. 

Or, don’t. It’s a completely free and unregulated world! 

This is actually a good idea. Father Baker would understand the need for these. Babies were routinely abandoned in the city in the 1860's on door steps, in allies and shallow graves. Not saying its a total solution, but a good option, imo 

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886t4ghyti01s1twzb1pg

I've always joked that The Handmaids Tale was Pence's wet dream.  Never thought we'd see this insanity.   Women, not only but especially,  really need to stand up more and let their voices be heard.   We need to vote out these Christian fundamentalists.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

GOOD POINT: Schumer Shrugs as Roe v. Wade Falls:

The Inflation Reduction Act gave Democrats a chance to fund abortion. They didn’t even try.

Before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, 25 Democratic senators wrote to President Biden demanding “a whole-of-government response” to the prospect of state abortion bans. Two months later, there was an opportunity to enact such policies regardless of Republican opposition, but Democrats in Congress didn’t even bother bringing them up for a vote.

But the budget reconciliation bill that Congress just passed was different. It could—and did—pass the Senate with only Democratic votes, including Vice President Kamala Harris’s tie-breaker. The bill also provided an opportunity to get around the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits most federal funding of abortions. The amendment applies only to appropriations through the annual spending bill that funds the Department of Health and Human Services.

Yet of the nearly 500 amendments that lawmakers filed on the budget reconciliation bill, the only ones touching on abortion came from Republicans. Not only did the issue not receive a vote on the Senate floor; it barely received a word of debate, belying the Democratic senators’ June push for “a whole-of-government response.” In the House, no Democrat attempted to offer an amendment to the bill—on abortion or anything else.

It’s as if all this “reproductive freedom” talk is just an empty slogan.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/schumer-shrugs-as-roe-falls-democrats-reconciliation-abortion-hyde-amendment-filibuster-midterms-medicare-dobbs-supreme-court-11660651920?mod=opinion_lead_pos7

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...