Epenesa, Ford & Moss -Are they outta here?

The chances that Saffold and Bates both make it through a long season without injury are iffy.

Right now, it looks to be quite a challenge to just get a practice out of either of them.

I would not be at all surprised to see Ford make the team & end up starting 4 or 5 games.

He had 7 starts last year with a couple of bad ones and a few that were unawful.

He’s not a quality starter but he is depth that so far, has managed to stay healthy.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I know the media have to be careful about saying who is lining up where but can anyone who has attended camp shed any light on whether he has got any work with the 1s? 

I skimmed the last several Joe Buscaglia training camp reports. He mentions Ford getting a chance with the 1s several times. On the day that Tommy Doyle got injured he says the Bills "worked in" Van Roten at guard and that is the only time I see him mentioned. So based on that admittedly scant evidence it looks like Ford is ahead of him. And for the Bills to keep the veteran contract over the cost controlled rookie contract I think that Van Roten would have to beat him handily. I think they will give Ford one final shot at redemption this year.