Walmart Buys Broncos

Warcodered

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Where do you think the Waltons got their money? From investing in Microsoft? Lol 

So using your "logic" if Bill Gates bought a team, Microsoft owns it. The Bills are owned by East Resources. 

You really are lost in this discussion 

Will there be a Rollback on prices for the Sam’s Club seats?

21 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, still can't understand with all the money Mark Davis has, that's the best haircut he comes up with

It’s good enough for the king of the jungle…

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/31/10/58494091-10870605-image-m-7_1653988352614.jpg

Edited by Ralonzo

Kind of a weird footnote, the woman that they're also bringing into the ownership group Mellody Hobson, besides being a business woman super star apparently, also happens to be the wife of George Lucas from Star Wars.

Edited by Warcodered

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

So using your "logic" if Bill Gates bought a team, Microsoft owns it. The Bills are owned by East Resources. 

You really are lost in this discussion 

Technically yeah. Owners are just extensions of their brands. While yes, it isn’t the actual company buying the team, but everyone sure is going to associate it as such. 

The reason I say this is because say the Walton family makes a bunch of money by owning the Broncos. You don’t think if the opportunity presented itself to buyback more Walmart shares, they wouldn’t do so from the Broncos profits? Or the Walton family taking some of the Walmart profit they have made from dividend checks and injecting it into the Broncos franchise. They are intertwined whether you guys want to admit it or not. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Technically yeah. Owners are just extensions of their brands. While yes, it isn’t the actual company buying the team, but everyone sure is going to associate it as such. 

The reason I say this is because say the Walton family makes a bunch of money by owning the Broncos. You don’t think if the opportunity presented itself to buyback more Walmart shares, they wouldn’t do so from the Broncos profits? Or the Walton family taking some of the Walmart profit they have made from dividend checks and injecting it into the Broncos franchise. They are intertwined whether you guys want to admit it or not. 

Walmart did NOT buy the Broncos. End of story really. You can keep spinning your BS as much as you want. What people "associate" is completely meaningless in this situation. How they invest the money they make from the Broncos or selling their old clothes on Poshmark is irrelevant to this situation as well.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:18 AM, Scott7975 said:

Do they even tear down their old buildings?  I thought most of them are just left to rot.

Locally, one location had a Sam's Club behind a non-grocery Walmart.  When the Sam's closed, they remodeled it into their standard Walmart.  The old Walmart was bought and converted into a Runnings store.  

Another local location also had a non-grocery Walmart.  They built a new store about two miles down the road, and the old store was converted into a Target.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/8/2022 at 5:24 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Probably a little late in the conversation to just say, "yeah, what I should have said is the owners of Walmart are buying the Broncos..." and moved on. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 8:03 PM, wppete said:

😂 really? I thought I heard Jay Z was buying them. Unbelievable. 

Me too. I thought a group including him and Beyonce were interested? 

https://www.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2021-09-13-jay-z-in-talks-to-become-owner-of-the-denver-broncos/

Edited by Solomon Grundy

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Me too. I thought a group including him and Beyonce were interested? 

https://www.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2021-09-13-jay-z-in-talks-to-become-owner-of-the-denver-broncos/

F1's Lewis Hamilton is actually part of the buying group.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/10/nfl-group-featuring-lewis-hamilton-buys-denver-broncos-in-record-deal-17158024/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.