Jump to content

Ryan Fitzpatrick calls it a career


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, teef said:

he doesn't owe anyone or the game of football anything.  he's retiring healthy and wealthy.   good for him for living the dream.


Idk about healthy, he had a terrible hip injury last year that required surgery. Gotta think it’s at least a little stiff.

 

One of my favorite players of the drought Bills, wish we could have made the playoffs with him. Would be cool if he retired a Bill.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:


How do you know he’s healthy?  Have you checked his prostate?  He’s at the age where it needs to be checked.

i've put these fingers in a few places i'm not proud of...

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:


Idk about healthy, he had a terrible hip injury last year that required surgery. Gotta think it’s at least a little stiff.

 

One of my favorite players of the drought Bills, wish we could have made the playoffs with him. Would be cool if he retired a Bill.

very true as i completely forgot about the hip issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This dude has to be one of the greatest replacement level players of all time, finishing 32nd All-time on the career passing yards list, only 143 behind Jay Cutler and under 500 yards behind Jim Kelly. Also career earnings of over $82.1 million have to make him one of the highest paid replacement level players of all time as well.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, teef said:

he doesn't owe anyone or the game of football anything.  he's retiring healthy and wealthy.   good for him for living the dream.

 

Now if only he had some sort of education to fall back on...

  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

He was the greatest journeyman QB of all time...and I don't mean that as an insult.  

Agreed...32nd on the NFL Career passing yards list, under 500 behind Jim Kelly, and trailing Jay Cutler by 143 and Andy Dalton by under 300 yards.  Made over $82.1 Million in his career...not too shabby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Big Turk said:

Agreed...32nd on the NFL Career passing yards list, under 500 behind Jim Kelly, and trailing Jay Cutler by 143 and Andy Dalton by under 300 yards.  Made over $82.1 Million in his career...not too shabby.

Exactly...he just wasn't given the God Given natural ability guys like Josh Allen or Aaron Rodgers were gifted with but he absolutely made the most out of what he had.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warcodered said:

Love Fitz, but at this point does he belong to any one team or to every team at this point?

Clearly the Bills hold a special place in his heart and he has said repeatedly that Buffalo was his favorite place to play by far and it wasn't even close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, wppete said:

Sad, he was one of the greats. Hope we see him in Buffalo regularly now! Great career, fierce competitor. 

I liked him but he wasn't great

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be great if the Bills could find a spot for Fitz in the organization.  The coaching staff is probably full, but he could be an "advisor" or "ambassador."  "Community relations?"  He doesn't need the money, but perhaps it's something that he would enjoy doing and that would add some value to the organization. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...