Ryan Fitzpatrick calls it a career

Ray Stonada

28 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

I wouldn't doubt that a movie is made about him.

What should be the title of that movie?

"The Strange Case of Dr. Fitzmagic and Mr. Fitztragic"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is it not strange that Freddie is the one breaking this news?

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s honestly fitting. Two great players that weren’t the most gifted players in the world that gave it everything they had. I wouldn’t trade Allen for anybody, but Fitz made things enjoyable in an otherwise terrible era. 

Fitzpatrick, Freddie and Stevie made a great triplet if you loved excitement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Good luck Fitz! 

Anyone know what college he went to? Hope he has a good fall back plan.

He played lacrosse at Penn State I think.

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Says a lot that Fred Jackson is in the largest font on Fitzy's post.

Says more that Lee Smith 4th or 5th billing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I've never seen a QB accomplish so much with so little natural talent.

Such a funny, likeable guy.  One of my favorite all-time Bills QBs.

It may be his 150+ IQ that helped him perform in the league more than any physical ability that he had.  It also didn't hurt that he was tough as nails.  He always kept the games interesting, for better or worse.  It was hard not to like the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Says a lot that Fred Jackson is in the largest font on Fitzy's post.

It's a word cloud 

Which is basically using metadata on the internet to find key words 

The more used words, are bigger..  while the less used words are smaller

It's basically saying that metadata on the Internet says that when Fitz is mentioned so Is Freddie a bunch

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

It may be his 150+ IQ that helped him perform in the league more than any physical ability that he had.  It also didn't hurt that he was tough as nails.  He always kept the games interesting, for better or worse.  It was hard not to like the guy.

He gave it his all.  You hear his old teammates talk about him and everyone says they would run through a wall for Fitzy because he would do it for them.  A guy like that who puts the team first and understands his role will have a roster spot as long as they are able to perform.

• Agree 2

Feeling a mixture of emotions right now.  Sad that Fitz is done, happy for him that he could go out relatively healthy and wealthy.  I loved watching Fitz play ball.  He always gave 110% of whatever he had.  That willingness to give up his body to get that first down.  Diving headlong to score when he could have slid to save his health.  But that wasn't Fitz.  A natural leader who made everyone around him better. 

Here's a link to Fitz's best game as a Bill.  It's where the Cheats were unmasked as the sore losers they are.  Watch the last two minutes as they try every dirty trick in the book, taking multiple cheap shots at Fitz, only to have Fitz laugh in their faces.  Enjoy the greatest win of the drought era.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed...32nd on the NFL Career passing yards list, under 500 behind Jim Kelly, and trailing Jay Cutler by 143 and Andy Dalton by under 300 yards.  Made over $82.1 Million in his career...not too shabby.

Crazy part, he would have added ~3500+ yards to that last year had he stayed healthy.  Kind of a bummer he didn’t, but what a career.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's a word cloud 

Which is basically using metadata on the internet to find key words 

The more used words, are bigger..  while the less used words are smaller

It's basically saying that metadata on the Internet says that when Fitz is mentioned so Is Freddie a bunch

I'm surprised interception and beard aren't on the list. The algo must be broken.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.