Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

They had a massive comeback win against a super bowl contender on the road.

I know we all hate Miami and Tua including myself, but let's call a spade a spade here...

It was an extremely impressive victory for them.

Baltimore isn't a super bowl contender until they actually contend for a super bowl. No one denies it was an impressive win, but we do deny what some are claiming this win indicates of the dolphins and their future potential. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Baltimore isn't a super bowl contender until they actually contend for a super bowl. No one denies it was an impressive win, but we do deny what some are claiming this win indicates of the dolphins and their future potential. 

Ok- Well when BALT is relatively healthy  they make it to the divisional round. (Minus last year cause of crazy injuries) So a top 8 team inarguably I would say.

Miami has a very solid team.

Do I think they are as good as the bills now? No.

But they are going to make the playoffs this year and maybe even win a playoff game.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ok- Well when BALT is relatively healthy  they make it to the divisional round. (Minus last year cause of crazy injuries) So a top 8 team inarguably I would say.

But they are going to make the playoffs this year and maybe even win a playoff game.

Might be a lesson to not take your foot off the gas when you have a lead.  Bal defense was a but shocking though.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

They are a playoff team for sure especially with the Bengals imploding. 

Also anyone who watched the game knows the Ravens fudged things up on defense. How do you line up like this against Tyreek Hill? The Ravens coaching staff froze after losing 2/3rds of their 21 point lead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

They are a playoff team for sure especially with the Bengals imploding. 

Also anyone who watched the game knows the Ravens fudged things up on defense. How do you line up like this against Tyreek Hill? The Ravens coaching staff froze after losing 2/3rds of their 21 point lead.

To be honest, I unfortunately didn't catch the game today as I was travelling.

But ya I heard they made a ton of mistakes defensively

I think it's a pretty safe bet that almost every person in this country dismissing a 470 yard, 6 TD , with 4 TD passes in the 4th qtr are Bills fans. No sign of bias , I'm sure.

Dolphins have won 9 of 10 with Tua as QB. I hope the Bills don't underestimate him the way the fans do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

They had a massive comeback win against a super bowl contender on the road.

I know we all hate Miami and Tua including myself, but let's call a spade a spade here...

It was an extremely impressive victory for them.

I dont think the Ravens are superbowl contenders.  Lamar has what 1 playoff win in his career?  

1 - everyone saying the Ravens aren’t SB contenders are stupid. They literally make the playoffs almost every year. According to this dumb logic, the Bengals weren’t super bowl contenders last year. 

2 - Tia’s performance was absolutely shocking. To not give credit to him just means you’re a hater. If Allen had 6 tds on the road against a SB contender (yup the Ravens are) in a comeback victory, we’d be losing our mind. 

3 - I still don’t think Tua is good. That said, I may have to care more about the game than the tailgate next week in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - everyone saying the Ravens aren’t SB contenders are stupid. They literally make the playoffs almost every year. According to this dumb logic, the Bengals weren’t super bowl contenders last year. 

2 - Tia’s performance was absolutely shocking. To not give credit to him just means you’re a hater. If Allen had 6 tds on the road against a SB contender (yup the Ravens are) in a comeback victory, we’d be losing our mind. 

3 - I still don’t think Tua is good. That said, I may have to care more about the game than the tailgate next week in Miami. 

They're a playoff team - I guess that makes them SB contenders.  

Same Miami.  The AFC suddenly doesn't look so daunting - but it's September 18th.  I mean it's absolutely top heavy.  

We don't hand out rings in September 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that almost every person in this country dismissing a 470 yard, 6 TD , with 4 TD passes in the 4th qtr are Bills fans. No sign of bias , I'm sure.

Dolphins have won 9 of 10 with Tua as QB. I hope the Bills don't underestimate him the way the fans do.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good game for Tua no doubt but as long as we're keeping things in perspective,  the Ravens were dead last in the league in passing yards allowed in 2021.  3rd last in passing TDs allowed.   Bills were first in both categories.   I don't expect to see those kind of numbers against Buffalo or any competent defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tua was pretty good in that game…I can’t even imagine what a mahomes/Allen/rodgers could’ve done to that baltimore defense today.  Miami left a ton of points on the field in the first half. 

That ravens defense today wasn’t even remotely close to .500 caliber let alone playoff caliber let alone Super Bowl caliber lol. The safeties didn’t even know what the playcalls were half the time. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

16 minutes ago, Lost said:

Good game for Tua no doubt but as long as we're keeping things in perspective,  the Ravens were dead last in the league in passing yards allowed in 2021.  3rd last in passing TDs allowed.   Bills were first in both categories.   I don't expect to see those kind of numbers against Buffalo or any competent defense.

At the same time, Miami's defense was trash today for most of the game. They likely won't have a worst defensive performance this year outside of maybe one JA hangs on them in one or maybe both of the games we play them. So the Miami offense and Tua will not have to be that prolific to win most their games this year. Time will tell if Miami can compete with the Bills and maybe be to us what the Chargers are to the Chiefs.

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

At the same time, Miami's defense was trash today for most of the game. They likely won't have a worst defensive performance this year outside of maybe one JA hangs on them in one or maybe both of the games we play them. So the Miami offense and Tua will not have to be that prolific to win most their games this year. Time will tell if Miami can compete with the Bills and maybe be to us what the Chargers are to the Chiefs.

It’s more likely they’ll have a defensive performance like that again than they’ll have an offensive performance like that again imo but it’s way too early to conclude anything either way.  Baltimore isn’t nearly as potent on offense as us and their defense was very banged up in the secondary

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Making the playoffs doesnt make you a superbowl contender.  Ravens have been regular season heros and playoff fodder.

25 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

The Baltimore Defense looked like they went home at halftime. If you watch the highlights you can see the Ravens secondary give up on under thrown passes. Those would be ints with Buffalos secondary.  

The Ravens had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL on the field by the end of the game.  Their backs were already bad and then they had another injury in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will give credit to him for finding his 1st read and delivering the ball to him accurately. But that is the skill set of a backup. Case Keenum could have had that performance today. The reason that backups are backups is they are unable to create plays because of certain limitations they have, and that is the category that Tua will always find himself in. Even backups can play well within their skill set and score points when they have supporting talent.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.