Jump to content

Sunday Ticket 2022


Jukester
 Share

Recommended Posts

Last year for DirecTV and it looks like they may be going out with some generosity. Got an email last night that I'm getting Max for free.  I know some of you have gotten this in the past but it's a first for me.  I usually have to do the song and dance and eventually get it at a deep discount or for free anyway, but this is nice!  Hopefully some of you have gotten this already or will be getting it soon.

 

 

 

 

IMG_2525.JPG

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only reason I had DirecTV was for ST. There will be a mass exodus to other services after this year (me included). I’m sure ATT/DTV is going to be very flexible with loyalty offers as they try to hold on to subscribers.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems a wee bit early for that 

 

Be careful that it isn’t spam. 
 

No mention of ATT. 


 

2 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Only reason I had DirecTV was for ST. There will be a mass exodus to other services after this year (me included). I’m sure ATT/DTV is going to be very flexible with loyalty offers as they try to hold on to subscribers.


I’ve already canceled half of my channels. 
 

more to follow if they don’t smarten up. 
 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I called them up because Dish was giving me a very good offer. They came close enough for me to stay with DTV for at least one more year. I still pay too much but I hate the haggle of changing. I pay about $159 a month for tv and internet. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It seems a wee bit early for that 

 

Be careful that it isn’t spam. 
 

No mention of ATT. 

 

Yeah I also thought it was very early for this but the email is legit.  Sender is DIRECTV@message.att-mail.com and link took me directly to my DTV account.  Will post update if this doesn't end up going through.

Edited by Jukester
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It seems a wee bit early for that 

 

Be careful that it isn’t spam. 
 

No mention of ATT. 


 


I’ve already canceled half of my channels. 
 

more to follow if they don’t smarten up. 
 

Att sold it - they are not apart of it anymore 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jukester said:

Yeah I also thought it was very early for this but the email is legit.  Sender is DIRECTV@message.att-mail.com and link took me directly to my DTV account.  Will post update if this doesn't end up going through.

Can you forward to others so we can claim we received it in case they don’t send it to us

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Direc-TV is retaining the NFL Sunday ticket I will stay a subscriber to direc-Tv. .  But I also indeed will negotiate /  Milk them for any loyalty discounts I can. Knowing the competition and their pricing will hopefully work to my advantage. I also  would rather keep what works in my home and has for years rather than switch to a different provider unless the competitor offer is just That Much Better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Att sold it - they are not apart of it anymore 

Not technically a correct description.  ATT formed a Joint Venture with another media company and they both put certain assets in the JV.  Directv has been a looser for a number of years as the NFL payments have been heavy lifting for them.  ATT got them off their books, or , will with a further divesture of more ownership.  I think ATT still owns 70% about.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had DTV since 2002. Only reason is because of the Sunday ticket. They lose that and I would drop them. Ever since AT&T partnered with them they have gotten worse.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I have had DTV since 2002. Only reason is because of the Sunday ticket. They lose that and I would drop them. Ever since AT&T partnered with them they have gotten worse.


Had them for since early 2000’s.  Recently got a $50/month credit, still too much compared to cord-cutting options.  
 

Calling them soon and seeing how much I can lower my bill further and get the ticket.  Doesn’t work, moving on to Spectrum most likely.  Even though I hate spectrum dearly.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cancelled DTV after last season…looks like I did it one season too early.

 

If any of you have a college kid willing to let me “borrow” their email address for a season please hit me up in a DM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 3:18 PM, mikemac2001 said:

Att sold it - they are not apart of it anymore 


Actually, they spun it off into another company with Uverse.  They only sold 30%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, eball said:

I cancelled DTV after last season…looks like I did it one season too early.

 

If any of you have a college kid willing to let me “borrow” their email address for a season please hit me up in a DM.

No LOL

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, davefan66 said:


Had them for since early 2000’s.  Recently got a $50/month credit, still too much compared to cord-cutting options.  
 

Calling them soon and seeing how much I can lower my bill further and get the ticket.  Doesn’t work, moving on to Spectrum most likely.  Even though I hate spectrum dearly.

Kinda where I am. Hate spectrum with a passion 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Simon locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...